Translated Episode 6 spoilers of frikidoctor

WotW Spoiler Town, with extensive Game of Thrones Season 8 Spoilers including major leaks, filming spoilers, photos and all. Consider yourself warned!
User avatar
Flayed Potatoes
Posts: 207
Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:31 pm

Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:57 pm

ghost of winterfell wrote:
Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:24 pm
Flayed Potatoes wrote:
Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:13 pm
ghost of winterfell wrote:
Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:04 pm


I think Jon's fire sword is Longclaw.
Do you mean he will light Longclaw on fire or that "flaming sword" basically refers to a VS sword?
I think it's a VS sword, especially on the show.

I think the original Lightbringer was Dawn and the one who made it and wielded it first was the 1st Azor Ahai, and the title "Sword of the Morning" is some sort of tribute to him. But I don't think Jon will wield Dawn, especially in the books where imo it's destined for Ned Dayne.
elybe wrote:
Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:26 pm
I agree that Longclaw will probably be Jon's fire sword. That gun has been hung on the wall pretty conspicuously with Beric and Thoros. However, I'm not sure why we're ruling out dragon-riding on the sole basis that it doesn't happen in episode 6 in particular. Would you want Jon's first time riding a dragon to be an airlift rescue, heaped on with a bunch of other people? Another gun hung on the wall this season is that Dany has Drogon, the Night King has Viserion, and then there's Rhaegal all by his lonesome. Two living dragons, two living Targaryens. Why would we expect Jon to claim Rhaegal before he even knows his parentage? Wouldn't that seem just a touch odd to anyone?
It has crossed my mind that the show could be saving riding Rhaegal for season 8 in order to reveal Jon's parentage. The things that make me doubt it are: 1. Jon doesn't have any interaction with this dragon per the leaks, so there wouldn't be much time for them to bond. He only pets Drogon. 2. The wight hunt would have been a perfect opportunity to have Jon be airlifted by himself by Rhaegal, in a similar way to how Dany was rescued by Drogon in season five. 3. I had always assumed Dany would lose one dragon to Euron/fAegon and one dragon to the Others in the books, so she'd only be left with Drogon (as GRRM's initial outline only had one dragon iirc, so the others seemed like fodder to me).
Pigeon wrote:
Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:31 pm
I was hoping Jorah would get Heartsbane, as that would give him an advantage against the WW. I'm glad that Jon offers him Longclaw, and glad he refuses it.

So...Thoros dies essentially so that now Beric (or anyone I suppose) can no longer be brought back, I'm thinking. I have to say that I'm happy with the focus on these characters whom I thought might be kind of left in the dust. I love Benjen, it's a shame that he's a goner but he truly isn't alive anymore in a way anyway. Joseph Mawle is awesome.

If Sansa really does find Arya's bag o' faces, I will laugh my ass off and screenshot her expression for eternity. Not pleased that they're setting up Arya just to be her minion to kill LF. Not surprised, just ffs already. Arya has perfectly good reason to off him on her own, of course, but it'll be shown as Sansa being super brilliant genius politician blah blah and others doing the dirty work, as per usual.

The NK must really have an impeccable arm to bring down Viserion on his own.
I am 99% sure Jorah will get Heartsbane in season 8 because: 1. He will befriend Sam in season seven. 2. Sam and Jorah will both end up North and he will give it to him when it's time to fight (Sam will be in Winterfell by the end of season 7 and Jorah will get there in 8).

Lmao make sure you share that screencap with us. Arya giving new meaning to "What's in my bag" YouTube videos. :lol: Arya will be dumbed down this season: she learned how to spot lies from the faceless men, yet she gets tricked by LF :roll:

The NK sounds like an Olympic javelin thrower :lol:

ghost of winterfell
Posts: 72
Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:33 am

Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:21 pm

elybe wrote:
Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:26 pm
However, I'm not sure why we're ruling out dragon-riding on the sole basis that it doesn't happen in episode 6 in particular. Would you want Jon's first time riding a dragon to be an airlift rescue, heaped on with a bunch of other people? Another gun hung on the wall this season is that Dany has Drogon, the Night King has Viserion, and then there's Rhaegal all by his lonesome. Two living dragons, two living Targaryens. Why would we expect Jon to claim Rhaegal before he even knows his parentage? Wouldn't that seem just a touch odd to anyone?
Mainly because there is no interaction between Rhaegal and Jon during this season. D&D normally like to set things up leading up to any event of importance, which is missing here. That's why I am not sure about Jon riding Rhaegal. It could still happen though.
Flayed Potatoes wrote:
Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:57 pm
ghost of winterfell wrote:
Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:24 pm
Flayed Potatoes wrote:
Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:13 pm
I think it's a VS sword, especially on the show.

I think the original Lightbringer was Dawn and the one who made it and wielded it first was the 1st Azor Ahai, and the title "Sword of the Morning" is some sort of tribute to him. But I don't think Jon will wield Dawn, especially in the books where imo it's destined for Ned Dayne.
elybe wrote:
Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:26 pm

Pigeon wrote:
Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:31 pm


.

Interestingly, the H&L video for House Dayne included Jon's theme music while Dawn was being talked about. I guess the more likely reason for this was the presence of Arthur Dayne and Dawn at the ToJ during Jon's birth. Besides, Longclaw is Jon's sword, so Dawn likely won't play any role, on the show at least. I think it's going to be quite important for the endgame in the books though.

Pigeon
Posts: 81
Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:44 am

Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:25 pm

Flayed Potatoes wrote:
Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:57 pm
Pigeon wrote:
Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:31 pm
I was hoping Jorah would get Heartsbane, as that would give him an advantage against the WW. I'm glad that Jon offers him Longclaw, and glad he refuses it.

So...Thoros dies essentially so that now Beric (or anyone I suppose) can no longer be brought back, I'm thinking. I have to say that I'm happy with the focus on these characters whom I thought might be kind of left in the dust. I love Benjen, it's a shame that he's a goner but he truly isn't alive anymore in a way anyway. Joseph Mawle is awesome.

If Sansa really does find Arya's bag o' faces, I will laugh my ass off and screenshot her expression for eternity. Not pleased that they're setting up Arya just to be her minion to kill LF. Not surprised, just ffs already. Arya has perfectly good reason to off him on her own, of course, but it'll be shown as Sansa being super brilliant genius politician blah blah and others doing the dirty work, as per usual.

The NK must really have an impeccable arm to bring down Viserion on his own.
I am 99% sure Jorah will get Heartsbane in season 8 because: 1. He will befriend Sam in season seven. 2. Sam and Jorah will both end up North and he will give it to him when it's time to fight (Sam will be in Winterfell by the end of season 7 and Jorah will get there in 8).

Lmao make sure you share that screencap with us. Arya giving new meaning to "What's in my bag" YouTube videos. :lol: Arya will be dumbed down this season: she learned how to spot lies from the faceless men, yet she gets tricked by LF :roll:

The NK sounds like an Olympic javelin thrower :lol:
I agree about Jorah and Sam in S8, I think you've nailed it.

LOL "What's in My Bag"....today I have (dumps out Braavos Fall 2017 satchel) my Guerlain meteorites finishing powder in 'Frey Cakes', the new fingerless gloves by Faceless/Nameless, and ... my face masks. Moisturizing, clarifying, mystifying, and disguising. They've totally changed my skin's texture!"

ghost of winterfell
Posts: 72
Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:33 am

Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:28 pm

Pigeon wrote:
Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:31 pm
I was hoping Jorah would get Heartsbane, as that would give him an advantage against the WW. I'm glad that Jon offers him Longclaw, and glad he refuses it.



If Sansa really does find Arya's bag o' faces, I will laugh my ass off and screenshot her expression for eternity. Not pleased that they're setting up Arya just to be her minion to kill LF. Not surprised, just ffs already. Arya has perfectly good reason to off him on her own, of course, but it'll be shown as Sansa being super brilliant genius politician blah blah and others doing the dirty work, as per usual.

Jorah getting Heartsbane is a fairly popular theory, which has a good chance of happening imo. The only other character who has a chance of wielding a VS sword is the Hound, but since there is no reason for Sam to give his family's sword to the Hound, whom he hasn't even met, Jorah seems the likely candidate.

Btw, did you read the leaked script page where Arya is literally stanning on Sansa? She basically says that the only reason she became the person she is because she knew she could never be a lady like Sansa lmao!

Pigeon
Posts: 81
Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:44 am

Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:36 pm

ghost of winterfell wrote:
Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:28 pm
Pigeon wrote:
Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:31 pm
I was hoping Jorah would get Heartsbane, as that would give him an advantage against the WW. I'm glad that Jon offers him Longclaw, and glad he refuses it.



If Sansa really does find Arya's bag o' faces, I will laugh my ass off and screenshot her expression for eternity. Not pleased that they're setting up Arya just to be her minion to kill LF. Not surprised, just ffs already. Arya has perfectly good reason to off him on her own, of course, but it'll be shown as Sansa being super brilliant genius politician blah blah and others doing the dirty work, as per usual.

Jorah getting Heartsbane is a fairly popular theory, which has a good chance of happening imo. The only other character who has a chance of wielding a VS sword is the Hound, but since there is no reason for Sam to give his family's sword to the Hound, whom he hasn't even met, Jorah seems the likely candidate.

Btw, did you read the leaked script page where Arya is literally stanning on Sansa? She basically says that the only reason she became the person she is because she knew she could never be a lady like Sansa lmao!
Oh I KNOW. If that ends up being anywhere close to what she says, I'll likely roll my damn eyes out of their sockets. Ugh!

Boudica
Posts: 115
Joined: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 am

Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:22 pm

elybe wrote:
Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:28 pm
Boudica wrote:
Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:08 pm
It is good to have someone that still has a bit of optimism for the story! You might be right things might be different once we see them, I guess it just frustrating because we are moving closer to these events.
I'm just excited to see these things play out, and while I know better than to ever be optimistic about D&D's writing, there really is only so much they can deviate from GRRM's outline now that we're approaching the endgame. Plus, say what you will about their opinion on Jon, but they are absolute Kit stans. They go on and on about what a mensch he is, compare him to a young Brando or James Dean, talk about how underrated he is, how rare it is to find someone who has both the image AND the acting chops, etc. It really says A LOT that they've given him WotW, Hardhome, BotB, and now this.

I recall you mentioning in your previous post that nobody is going to question Dany or Sansa's decisions this season, but come on, you've read the leaks and know that's not true at all. Tyrion and Varys will question Dany constantly, and even wonder if she's gone off the deep end after the ambush. Tyrion will plead with her not to go north, and she'll ignore him. Sansa has already been questioned numerous times by Brienne and Davos, was shut down by Jon in the premiere, and will be questioned by Arya during the second half of the season. Jon is far from the only character whose decisions are being questioned, but at least the viewers have the benefit of knowing that he's right. Does it really matter what a couple dozen haters online think?
I meant that Jon is always questioned in front of a big crowd or openly, Tyrion and Varys will wonder about Dany, but they are not going to it in front of a hundred Lords. Jon always has to face this type opposition, in the Night Watch as well. According to the episode spoilers Sansa will again do the same thing she did in the first episode. It would be funny if Arya did the same thing to her later in the season, but I suspect that won't happen. Arya will likely speak to her alone.

D&D have to praise their own actors it is part of public relations. Just look at that story of how they had to give Jon a small dick or something, they are sometimes petty. Although, I am sure they get along well with many of the actors, it seemed like they all had a good time in Spain last year. I don't think their liking of Kit will have much of an effect of what they are doing to Jon.

But yes, it is exciting to see how the story ends. You are right about internet haters, I think I just spend too much time fighting on the internet this week about these matters.

Boudica
Posts: 115
Joined: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 am

Sun Jul 23, 2017 4:11 pm

elybe wrote:
Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:26 pm
I agree that Longclaw will probably be Jon's fire sword. That gun has been hung on the wall pretty conspicuously with Beric and Thoros. However, I'm not sure why we're ruling out dragon-riding on the sole basis that it doesn't happen in episode 6 in particular. Would you want Jon's first time riding a dragon to be an airlift rescue, heaped on with a bunch of other people? Another gun hung on the wall this season is that Dany has Drogon, the Night King has Viserion, and then there's Rhaegal all by his lonesome. Two living dragons, two living Targaryens. Why would we expect Jon to claim Rhaegal before he even knows his parentage? Wouldn't that seem just a touch odd to anyone?
I dont really care for Jon having a fire sword or riding a dragon. In some ways it has always felt unlikely that he would ever get a dragon, and even before this season I ve always thought that one of Dany's dragons will have to die. Jon is much more connected to his Stark side, it will almost be strange to see him standing next to a dragon. I am more interested in seeing Jon's other skills such negotiation and Northern poltics, but it doesn't seem like we will ever get that.

But I do understand why many fans are eager to see these things, it is a fantasy story after all and there has been prophesies. Personally, I don't think we'll ever really see these prophesies play out literary.

Pigeon wrote:
Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:31 pm
I was hoping Jorah would get Heartsbane, as that would give him an advantage against the WW. I'm glad that Jon offers him Longclaw, and glad he refuses it.

So...Thoros dies essentially so that now Beric (or anyone I suppose) can no longer be brought back, I'm thinking. I have to say that I'm happy with the focus on these characters whom I thought might be kind of left in the dust. I love Benjen, it's a shame that he's a goner but he truly isn't alive anymore in a way anyway. Joseph Mawle is awesome.

If Sansa really does find Arya's bag o' faces, I will laugh my ass off and screenshot her expression for eternity. Not pleased that they're setting up Arya just to be her minion to kill LF. Not surprised, just ffs already. Arya has perfectly good reason to off him on her own, of course, but it'll be shown as Sansa being super brilliant genius politician blah blah and others doing the dirty work, as per usual.

The NK must really have an impeccable arm to bring down Viserion on his own.
I also love uncle Benjen I wish he could have gone with Jon on this expedition, they should have had one ranging expedition together. I dont think Jon should offer the sword back to Jorah, he hasn't done anything to redeem himself to the North. Jon should rather have offered the sword back to Lyanna Mormont, or he shouldn't be offering it anyone he is fighting White Walkers with sword. This is like last season with Brienne, there is no way she should have been offering that sword back to Jaime. I don't know what Sam will do with that sword, it will be interesting to see.

I dont think Sansa will really find a bag with faces that is just Frikidockter's speculating. If Sansa finds something like this it means that she has been going through Arya's stuff.

Boudica
Posts: 115
Joined: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 am

Sun Jul 23, 2017 4:28 pm

Flayed Potatoes wrote:
Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:57 pm
It has crossed my mind that the show could be saving riding Rhaegal for season 8 in order to reveal Jon's parentage. The things that make me doubt it are: 1. Jon doesn't have any interaction with this dragon per the leaks, so there wouldn't be much time for them to bond. He only pets Drogon. 2. The wight hunt would have been a perfect opportunity to have Jon be airlifted by himself by Rhaegal, in a similar way to how Dany was rescued by Drogon in season five. 3. I had always assumed Dany would lose one dragon to Euron/fAegon and one dragon to the Others in the books, so she'd only be left with Drogon (as GRRM's initial outline only had one dragon iirc, so the others seemed like fodder to me).
ghost of winterfell wrote:
Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:21 pm
Mainly because there is no interaction between Rhaegal and Jon during this season. D&D normally like to set things up leading up to any event of importance, which is missing here. That's why I am not sure about Jon riding Rhaegal. It could still happen though.
I agree with you both. I ve always had the feeling that Jon will not ride a dragon, even in the books as well. Who knows why he is even a Targaryen, at this point.

I don't think Dawn will have a particular purpose in the books, I think it is more of an easter egg or a small tribute towards the Arthur legends. The Dayne's aren't really mentioned a lot in the books. But they are definitely an interesting family.

Boudica
Posts: 115
Joined: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 am

Sun Jul 23, 2017 4:45 pm

Pigeon wrote:
Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:36 pm
ghost of winterfell wrote:
Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:28 pm

Btw, did you read the leaked script page where Arya is literally stanning on Sansa? She basically says that the only reason she became the person she is because she knew she could never be a lady like Sansa lmao!
Oh I KNOW. If that ends up being anywhere close to what she says, I'll likely roll my damn eyes out of their sockets. Ugh!
That script is absolutely terrible. I am currently busy writing a fanfiction GoT story, and there is no way I would write such crap. I think that is the worse dialogue on those scripts. Arya fans will be livid.

The Jon and Dany interaction is also bad, with Jon just calling her Dany out of the blue. She refers to herself as Dany in her own mind in the books, but she can't remember who called her Dany before.

I think one of things I dislike the most about the leaks is that everyone just jumps upon the dragons and ride away. Dragons are suppose to be linked to Targaryens, they are linked to one rider. It should be impossible for everyone to just climb aboard and fly away. Why couldn't Dany just burn a path open for them on the ground, to escape from. The scene of everyone climbing upon those dragons will be ridiculous, and to make it one step better, the one person with Targaryen blood falls off. :? :roll:

Meg22
Posts: 60
Joined: Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:24 am

Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:51 am

It seems the characters act according to how you'd expect them to. Arya and Sansa are at loggerheads and are shocked by what the other has had to do to survive since it would not have been what they would have done. Arya likely resents Sansa for being in charge and is nominally under her rule - hence the accusations of Sansa wanting power. Sansa would be horrified by something as icky as cutting off faces to impersonate someone else to kill another. Chalk and cheese. But it seems they reach a common purpose in the end.

I can see why LF is around for so long. They need the Vale army and by default, they need Littlefinger. To get rid of him they need legal concrete proof he's a traitor, not just hearsay. Sansa can't order executions to suit personal inclinations and still be seen as an upholder of the law.

I like that Dany and Jon have a silly, flirty dialogue about what Dany should be called and whether she should have the higher status. It reminds me of Ygritte's "You know nothing, Jon Snow", when she attempts to assert superiority too. It becomes an inside joke in the end.

Dany acts according to her personality too. Risk taking has worked for her. Without it she wouldn't have her dragons. She wouldn't have defeated the khals. Tyrion's caution has it's place, but boldness is sometimes needed too. She's come to Westeros with a particular destiny in mind, so it would be in keeping if it takes her a while to change direction and make defeating the WWs her priority.

Post Reply
  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests