Translated Episode 6 spoilers of frikidoctor

WotW Spoiler Town, with extensive House of the Dragon and Game of Thrones Spoilers including major leaks, filming spoilers, photos and all. Consider yourself warned!
ghost of winterfell

Sun Jul 23, 2017 4:55 am

Native Spanish speaker, my slang knowledge is iffy but he doesn't use it in any significant way this episode. The only confusion I have is the sequence of events, for example he tells us of the expedition beyond the wall first, then Winterfell, and finally tells us about Dragonstone.

In some of these translations I'll add that I think he's speculating. The reason I believe something is speculating is when he says things like "could" and "would" Winterfell-

Littlefinger capitalizes on Jon's departure, trying to influence Sansa.

Arya confronts Sansa with the contents of the letter she sent in Season 1, calling her father a traitor. Sansa defends herself, saying she had to do it to survive.

Sansa wonders what her sister has done all this time, and investigates. FD says Sansa "would be" horrified while looking at Arya's bag of faces, so this part is speculating or phrasing it as speculation. The words on the screen during this say. "Sansa also wants to know things about Arya, and Arya has gruesome things in her bag." So it sounds like he's connecting those dots.

He mentions Sansa being summoned to the dragon pit and sending Brienne to represent her, so Sansa can stay in the north. I'm not sure if he meant this happens during episode 6 though.

Trip Beyond The Wall-

This is how the episode opens. The group (Jon, Gendry, Jorah, Tormound, Sandor, Beric, Thoros +"3 explorers") is walking in the snow. Gendry seems isolated. There's "interesting" interactions between the characters.

Jon offers Jorah his sword, Jorah doesn't feel worthy, and Jon keeps the sword.

The group just walks forward, looking for the mountain in the shape of an arrowhead from Sandor's vision.

The weather is hostile, and they're having a hard time seeing. They hear a roar and suddenly the wight polar bear pops out, and traps Thoros. Thoros fights back, and the group (except Sandor) tries to slay the polar bear. Beric summons his flames, which scare the hound. They kill the bear; Thoros is wounded.

They run into a white walker and an army of wights, similar to one Jon has fought before. The group runs, slightly separating. Jon sends Gendry back to Eastwatch, to send a raven to Daenerys.

When Daenerys gets the letter (not sure when exactly in the episode this happens, but happens at some point before Daenerys gets to the north) she immediately leaves, but Tyrion tells her that she's their last hope and if she dies everything is over. She leaves anyway, and this is the scene in the trailers where Tyrion looks at the dragons broodingly.

Back to beyond the wall, the group gets to the frozen lake. The ice cracks, and they're left floating on a piece of ice. This is the scene in which the group is a circle with their swords out in the trailer.

They wait on the "island" for hours. It becomes nighttime. Thoros dies. Beric uses his sword to burn Thoros's body. He also speculates ("could") or phrases as speculation that Beric could try to heal Thoros's injuries with his flaming sword (before he dies of course)

The water around their piece of ice ends up freezing, so the wight army can now continue to chase them. They run but end up fighting. Just as they're getting overwhelmed, Daenerys and her dragons arrive. She burns wights, Viscerion's neck gets ice speared by the night king and sinks into the lake. She escapes with the group except Jon, who falls from drogon into the lake.

Jon gets out of the lake, and wights come after him. His uncle benjen saves him. Jon takes his horse and rides for eastwatch. Benjen is swarmed by wights.

Jon gets to eastwatch, and Daenerys is traumatized, saying this is like her son dying. They get on a boat. She promises to defeat the Night King. This part goes like the leaked script, Jon says thank you "Dany", she's remembering her brother calling her that. Jon says he'd bend the knee but he can't because of injuries from the wight battle. Daenerys asks what about those who pledged allegiance to you.

The Night King's wights pull Viscerion from the lake using chains. Night King does his hand thing, Viscerion wakes up.

That's basically it. If you guys have any questions I'll do my best, but I tried to put all relevant information so if there's a seemingly missing step in a scene, it's probably just a lack of elaboration there and I didn't wanna fill in holes with any of my own info/deductions. Not sure if any of the info here is new but I didn't see any translation yet so here I stand. Also first time posting at freefolk!

Edit: He mentions the wight being captured, doesn't give details as to how. He later mentions the hound taking the wight on a boat, but doesn't go much into that either.

Davos doesn't go on the trip. FD says this is because he's older and not a fighter anymore, and can help more here than beyond the wall.

Since a lot of you guys are curious about that Jon/Daenerys scene, I translated all that he says about it word by word to the best of my ability:

FD: "Jon is there with his wounds, laying in a bed, and we know what happens symbolically in that moment. Because awayfromthelads part 2 gave us that page from the script. What does that page say? Well very simple. In that page basically Jon in bed, Daenerys is very concerned about him, Jon tries to comfort her, Daenerys says the famous phrase "For me it's like if it was my son, it's like if my son was killed, what a shame what a great shame." Daenerys tells Jon "I promise to defeat the Night King" and all that, then Jon is like "Really? You're saying you want to defeat the Night King... that's what I wanted... Huh... I'm going to take advantage" and it's here that Jon bends the knee in a figurative way. Because, after this talk, and Jon tells her: "Dany" and Daenerys says: "Dany? It's been a long time since someone's called me that. My brother called me Dany." [Jon] "then what do you want me to call you, your grace? What do you want me to call you, majesty?" [Daenerys] "no no" after all the things that have happened, Jon is thinking "I have her on the boat." And Jon says, "I would bend the knee... but I'm wounded." He says he's wounded, and he can't bend the knee, cause he's wounded. Then Daenerys is like (FD gasps) "you'd bend the knee? What about those that are loyal to you?"

He's humorous with dialogue and the character thoughts, obviously Daenerys won't say what a great shame and Jon won't say I'm going to take advantage. He summarizes the conversation and adds his own perspective. He kinda does his videos like he's telling a story to friends.

Edit 2: wow, thank youuu for the gold!!

ghost of winterfell

Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:02 am

Any thoughts?

Winterfell plot seems pretty lame.

D&D seem to want to ensure that nobody blames Dany for taking her dragons beyond the Wall. The only reason she does that is because Jon makes Gendry send a raven to her. Jon will be blamed for everyyything....

Of course, for all the people who were hoping that Jon would ride a dragon one day, they get to see him fall off a dragon..

I just can't be optimistic anymore lol.

Flayed Potatoes

Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:29 am

Winterfell plot is stupid and a waste of time. Dany's conquest is also a waste of time because she doesn't accomplish anything. :lol: But of course they can't have people blame Dany for everything, so they'll just dumb down Tyrion and throw him under the bus. The hilarious thing is that she was actually one of my favorite characters at the beginning, but the more D&D prop her at the expense of other characters and act like she can do no wrong, the more they make me feel annoyed with her. :lol:

D&D hate Jon. What else is new?

Of course he won't ride a dragon. Can't take that uniqueness away from Dany. No dragon, no warging, no bond with Ghost, no relationship with Arya, no acknowledgement that he is both ice and fire (though here they could just be waiting for the Targ reveal, but I'm not holding my breath). Really what is, in their eyes, Jon's purpose/endgame on the show? Wight fodder? :roll:

Of course he has to pledge naked because Jon hasn't been humiliated enough on this show. "Thank you Dany" sounds like fanfic dialogue. :roll: Why even make Jon king if they're just going to take that away from him almost immediately?

D&D are going to act like the Tarlys betray the Tyrells even though they're dead (Olenna isn't their liege) to justify Dany's actions in episode 4 or 5. When they are actually loyal to the crown and Dany isn't queen of anything in Westeros. :lol:

I'm sure the special effects will be great, but the writing on thr episode will have the depth of a puddle.

Someone please convince me there is reason to be optimistic about Jon's endgame/purpose or his portrayal on the show lol.

Sorry for the rant :lol:

ghost of winterfell

Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:47 am

Flayed Potatoes wrote:
Winterfell plot is stupid and a waste of time. Dany's conquest is also a waste of time because she doesn't accomplish anything. :lol: But of course they can't have people blame Dany for everything, so they'll just dumb down Tyrion and throw him under the bus. The hilarious thing is that she was actually one of my favorite characters at the beginning, but the more D&D prop her at the expense of other characters and act like she can do no wrong, the more they make me feel annoyed with her. :lol:

D&D hate Jon. What else is new?

Of course he won't ride a dragon. Can't take that uniqueness away from Dany. No dragon, no warging, no bond with Ghost, no relationship with Arya, no acknowledgement that he is both ice and fire (though here they could just be waiting for the Targ reveal, but I'm not holding my breath). Really what is, in their eyes, Jon's purpose/endgame on the show? Wight fodder? :roll:

Of course he has to pledge naked because Jon hasn't been humiliated enough on this show. "Thank you Dany" sounds like fanfic dialogue. :roll: Why even make Jon king if they're just going to take that away from him almost immediately?

D&D are going to act like the Tarlys betray the Tyrells even though they're dead (Olenna isn't their liege) to justify Dany's actions in episode 4 or 5. When they are actually loyal to the crown and Dany isn't queen of anything in Westeros. :lol:

I'm sure the special effects will be great, but the writing on thr episode will have the depth of a puddle.

Someone please convince me there is reason to be optimistic about Jon's endgame/purpose or his portrayal on the show lol.

Sorry for the rant :lol:
I pretty much agree with everything. The worst thing about all these characters coming together now is that D&D seem to like to play favorites. This is the second time now that Jon has been sacrificed for the sake of one of their favorites, first Sansa and now Dany.

Even where the kneeling is concerned, how convenient that Jon kneels just when she stops demanding him to kneel and making it a condition for her help. Of course everybody will blame Jon for giving up the North, while she is being so magnanimous about it.

About the Tarlys, yeah they are going to be portrayed as misogynistic traitors to justify her burning them, but the result of this is that Tyrion and Varys will come off looking stupid for objecting to her actions. Already the people at freefolk are tearing them up for opposing her on this lol.

imagotbluray

Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:03 am

Nothing for ep 5 ??

elybe

Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:31 am

Flayed Potatoes wrote:

No need to apologize for having a subjective reaction to a television show ;) However, there doesn't seem to be anything here that we haven't already known for months. Why the sudden swing back to the extreme of Jon being "wight fodder?" This is the fourth or fifth time they'll be dropping anvils that the Lord of Light doesn't just bring people back for kicks, and the season ends by revealing that Jon is the legitimate heir to the Targaryen throne - a reveal significant enough to be one of the last things we learn before the Wall falls. Is it possible that they're implying that he may not be such dead weight after all? Lads already told us all of this, and the season premiere has already demonstrated that how the material is executed makes all the difference. I understand going into the season with managed expectations, but there is so much getting lost in translation (language, retelling, execution) that writing off the entire season weeks in advance seems like a waste.

Flayed Potatoes

Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:56 am

elybe wrote:
Flayed Potatoes wrote:

No need to apologize for having a subjective reaction to a television show ;) However, there doesn't seem to be anything here that we haven't already known for months. Why the sudden swing back to the extreme of Jon being "wight fodder?" This is the fourth or fifth time they'll be dropping anvils that the Lord of Light doesn't just bring people back for kicks, and the season ends by revealing that Jon is the legitimate heir to the Targaryen throne - a reveal significant enough to be one of the last things we learn before the Wall falls. Is it possible that they're implying that he may not be such dead weight after all? Lads already told us all of this, and the season premiere has already demonstrated that how the material is executed makes all the difference. I understand going into the season with managed expectations, but there is so much getting lost in translation (language, retelling, execution) that writing off the entire season weeks in advance seems like a waste.
What do you think is Beric's purpose?

Lads never mentioned any Jon/Beric conversations. We'll have to wait and see if we get some resurrection talk.

Will anyone console Jon over losing yet another family member, or is Viserion the only focus? There is no mention of this. This is the second Stark Jon sees die.

D&D didn't do much with his resurrection, so I have my reservations that they will give his parentage the time it deserves tbh :(

elybe

Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:09 am

Flayed Potatoes wrote:

Lads never mentioned any Jon/Beric conversations. We'll have to wait and see if we get some resurrection talk.

Will anyone console Jon over losing yet another family member, or is Viserion the only focus? There is no mention of this. This is the second Stark Jon sees die.

D&D didn't do much with his resurrection, so I have my reservations that they will give his parentage the time it deserves tbh :(
Since LS has been cut, it's unclear what Beric's purpose on the show is. I guess we'll see. There were lots of things Lads didn't mention, but Friki says that Beric and Jon do talk about their resurrections during the wight hunt and both wonder why they were brought back. Speaking of actual wight fodder, I can't imagine that they'd bring Benjen back to help Jon only to completely gloss over his death in the next scene, but then . . . it's D&D. As for the purpose of Jon's resurrection, they've always played the long game with Jon. They are literally dragging the R+L=(legitimate)J reveal out over numerous flashbacks spread across two seasons. They dragged his ASOS story out across three seasons. It literally got to the point where I went into Season 5 assuming that Jon's entire season-long "arc" would begin with Stannis offering him Winterfell and culminate in his decision to execute Janos Slynt. That's how bloody slow his story had moved during season's 3 and 4. So yeah, give it time :)

Boudica

Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:48 am

imagotbluray wrote:
Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:03 am
Nothing for ep 5 ??
http://green-chili.blogspot.co.za/p/episode-705.html

elybe wrote:
Flayed Potatoes wrote:

It is good to have someone that still has a bit of optimism for the story! You might be right things might be different once we see them, I guess it just frustrating because we are moving closer to these events.
Last edited by Boudica on Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ghost of winterfell

Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:57 am

Flayed Potatoes wrote:
elybe wrote:
Flayed Potatoes wrote:

Ever since I read the leaks, I had wondered if Beric would teach Jon how to do the flaming sword thingy. If Jon is meant to wield any flaming sword, this would seem like a right opportunity to introduce it. It doesn't look like it is happening this season at least though. It's hard to imagine how Beric can have any importance in the end game, considering he is dead in the books.

I think the Beric/Jon convo about the reason for their resurrection will be the only talk about this matter. It doesn't look like Jon says anything to Team Dany (Lads had said that Jon himself stops Davos from saying anything about this) which is odd considering that no one wonders why he presumably deserted the NW.

I doubt anyone's gonna console Jon over the death of Benjen lol.

• Information