Spoilers episode 5

WotW Spoiler Town, with extensive Game of Thrones Season 8 Spoilers including major leaks, filming spoilers, photos and all. Consider yourself warned!
User avatar
Flayed Potatoes
Posts: 207
Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:31 pm

Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:43 pm

Jack Bauer 24 wrote:
Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:28 pm
Flayed Potatoes wrote:
Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:15 am
Jack Bauer 24 wrote:
Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:09 am
Haven't seen much about this episode besides Gendry. Will it be epic or kind of a lull in between Episodes 4 and 6?
A lull.
That's really disappointing. Worst episode of the season so far then?
Not necessarily. I'd say it should be better than episode 1.

User avatar
trarecar
Posts: 50
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:48 am

Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:12 pm

You know, they haven't even shown Dany struggling with losing touch with reality. All this talk Tyrion and Varys have about Dany turning into her father - I think this is just a means to an end to another story, like the fact that Varys will die (we now know) in Westeros, I think by Dany's hand. Mel's already said he's dying there and Dany already said she'd kill him if he betrayed her. Varys has (supposedly) spent his whole life working for the greater good of the realm, but I've honestly been suspect of that the entire time. I mean, I love Varys' character, but come on. WHY does he have this need? I get having hatred towards magic, but what were the Targaryans - at least the true dragons - if NOT magic-like? It doesn't make any sense. I think he is playing a longer game than Littlefinger and playing it a hell of a lot better. They've given us no real backstory as to why Varys is this benevolent character who cares about all the people in the world. His real intentions are only what he's said. They've kept his character very close to the vest. I think Varys is more interested in chaos than Littlefinger and has been playing Tyrion this whole time.

But what does this mean for Tyrion if they're going to have Dany kill Varys? Tyrion survives to the end, this we know. But so far he's been absolute shit at this whole war thing. Dany doesn't trust him, and obviously doesn't put much faith in his opinions anymore (as she will torch the Tarlys). Jorah is about to come back. Where does that leave Tyrion? How will he redeem himself in Dany's eyes (let's not forget he's half in love with her) or will he even want to? Will Dany killing Varys be the final straw for even trying to stay in her good graces? If Dany dies, I don't see him wanting to be Hand to Jon, or even being Hand at all. I think having Tyrion as the Lord of Casterly Rock and the head of House Lannister is how his story will end. What his father never wanted him to have, he will have in the end. He can have all the whores he wants (but hopefully a wife and heirs) and he can sit in his father's offices and give him the finger for life.

Jamie will end this story as either dead or a broken man who no longer cares. He has wasted his whole life in the thralls of his sister, who used him. He will be the one who kills her. I think he will take his own life afterwards.

Pigeon
Posts: 81
Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:44 am

Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:32 pm

I wonder how Jaime and Bronn manage to bugger off to KL after falling in a lake and having the other Lannister army guys captured? :?

Boudica
Posts: 115
Joined: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 am

Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:39 pm

trarecar wrote:
Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:12 pm
You know, they haven't even shown Dany struggling with losing touch with reality. All this talk Tyrion and Varys have about Dany turning into her father - I think this is just a means to an end to another story, like the fact that Varys will die (we now know) in Westeros, I think by Dany's hand. Mel's already said he's dying there and Dany already said she'd kill him if he betrayed her. Varys has (supposedly) spent his whole life working for the greater good of the realm, but I've honestly been suspect of that the entire time. I mean, I love Varys' character, but come on. WHY does he have this need? I get having hatred towards magic, but what were the Targaryans - at least the true dragons - if NOT magic-like? It doesn't make any sense. I think he is playing a longer game than Littlefinger and playing it a hell of a lot better. They've given us no real backstory as to why Varys is this benevolent character who cares about all the people in the world. His real intentions are only what he's said. They've kept his character very close to the vest. I think Varys is more interested in chaos than Littlefinger and has been playing Tyrion this whole time.

But what does this mean for Tyrion if they're going to have Dany kill Varys? Tyrion survives to the end, this we know. But so far he's been absolute shit at this whole war thing. Dany doesn't trust him, and obviously doesn't put much faith in his opinions anymore (as she will torch the Tarlys). Jorah is about to come back. Where does that leave Tyrion? How will he redeem himself in Dany's eyes (let's not forget he's half in love with her) or will he even want to? Will Dany killing Varys be the final straw for even trying to stay in her good graces? If Dany dies, I don't see him wanting to be Hand to Jon, or even being Hand at all. I think having Tyrion as the Lord of Casterly Rock and the head of House Lannister is how his story will end. What his father never wanted him to have, he will have in the end. He can have all the whores he wants (but hopefully a wife and heirs) and he can sit in his father's offices and give him the finger for life.

Jamie will end this story as either dead or a broken man who no longer cares. He has wasted his whole life in the thralls of his sister, who used him. He will be the one who kills her. I think he will take his own life afterwards.
That is because Varys obviously isn't such a benevolent character in the books. He has the same agenda as Littlefinger. If he was so benevolent he could have helped Ned more. There is also the question about why exactly should he care so much about Westeros, he wasn't born in Westeros. I am not sure if his motives will ever fully be questioned or explained within the show. Tyrion and Varys will question Dany in this episode, perhaps it will just be a once off.

But I could also see how this might cause a lot of problems when Jon's heritage will be revealed. I could see someone like Varys being more interested in supporting Jon than Dany. That is what might happen in the show, in books Varys is obviously supporting fAegon.

Everyone always believe that Tyrion is guaranteed to survive. He will survive until the end, but I personally believe his death warrant has already been signed in the books. In the show I could see him surviving and becoming the Lord of Casterly Rock.

User avatar
trarecar
Posts: 50
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:48 am

Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:04 pm

Boudica wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:39 pm

Everyone always believe that Tyrion is guaranteed to survive. He will survive until the end, but I personally believe his death warrant has already been signed in the books. In the show I could see him surviving and becoming the Lord of Casterly Rock.
You think George has changed his mind about Tyrion being one of the ones that makes it all the way to the end?

Violator
Posts: 68
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:14 pm

Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:23 pm

Jack Bauer 24 wrote:
Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:09 am
Haven't seen much about this episode besides Gendry. Will it be epic or kind of a lull in between Episodes 4 and 6?
What do you mean by 'epic'?

Every episode doesn't have to include a battle or a duel or a torture scene.

From the leaks it seems that the next and longer episode will explore the aftermath of Dany's decision to ambush the Lannister wagon train and how Varys and Tyrion try to find a way to end the conflict between the two sides. When Varys says, 'You need to find a way to make her listen', this could well be a deliberate attempt a deflection. He may be telling Tyrion that he needs to get through to his sister so they can agree to talk.

Jon offers to head North a get evidence of the threat in the hope that this will convince both sides to come together.

The business on Dragonstone involves a number of key players meeting and then forming a sort of 'Magnificent 7' suicide squad, including Gendry, Jorah, Davos and Jon, who will go beyond the wall (they'll pick up Tormand, Sandor, Beric and Thoros next episode). That in itself is going to be great character interaction and crowd pleasing too.

Sam's decision to leave Old Town and head to Winterfell, as well as Gilly accidentally discovering that Jon is not a Bastard by a legitimate Targaryen is going to be cool.

Finally we have more interactions between Jon and Dany as their relationship develops.

It should be a great episode, but I can understand why is has to be long. There will be a lot of talking.

User avatar
Jack Bauer 24
Posts: 208
Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:05 pm

Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:05 pm

Violator wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:23 pm
Jack Bauer 24 wrote:
Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:09 am
Haven't seen much about this episode besides Gendry. Will it be epic or kind of a lull in between Episodes 4 and 6?
What do you mean by 'epic'?

Every episode doesn't have to include a battle or a duel or a torture scene.

From the leaks it seems that the next and longer episode will explore the aftermath of Dany's decision to ambush the Lannister wagon train and how Varys and Tyrion try to find a way to end the conflict between the two sides. When Varys says, 'You need to find a way to make her listen', this could well be a deliberate attempt a deflection. He may be telling Tyrion that he needs to get through to his sister so they can agree to talk.

Jon offers to head North a get evidence of the threat in the hope that this will convince both sides to come together.

The business on Dragonstone involves a number of key players meeting and then forming a sort of 'Magnificent 7' suicide squad, including Gendry, Jorah, Davos and Jon, who will go beyond the wall (they'll pick up Tormand, Sandor, Beric and Thoros next episode). That in itself is going to be great character interaction and crowd pleasing too.

Sam's decision to leave Old Town and head to Winterfell, as well as Gilly accidentally discovering that Jon is not a Bastard by a legitimate Targaryen is going to be cool.

Finally we have more interactions between Jon and Dany as their relationship develops.

It should be a great episode, but I can understand why is has to be long. There will be a lot of talking.
Is Gendry in this?

Boudica
Posts: 115
Joined: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 am

Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:34 am

trarecar wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:04 pm
Boudica wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:39 pm

Everyone always believe that Tyrion is guaranteed to survive. He will survive until the end, but I personally believe his death warrant has already been signed in the books. In the show I could see him surviving and becoming the Lord of Casterly Rock.
You think George has changed his mind about Tyrion being one of the ones that makes it all the way to the end?
I think he will make it to the end, but he could die at the very end. GRRM has killed anyone who breaks the most sacred customs. These sacred customs are very important in the books. Even some of the worst characters are very careful about breaking these sacred customs. I am referring to oatthbreaking, guestrights and kinslaying. Anyone who breaks these old customs tends to die. Tyrion committed kinslaying. Of course there are theories about him being a Targaryen, if he is a secret Targaryen he wouldn't be a kinslayer, but I personally don't subscribe to those theories.

User avatar
trarecar
Posts: 50
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:48 am

Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:39 am

They DID show Tyrion being able to touch and free the dragons in Mereen.....

Violator
Posts: 68
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:14 pm

Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:53 pm

Jack Bauer 24 wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:05 pm
Violator wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:23 pm
Jack Bauer 24 wrote:
Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:09 am
Haven't seen much about this episode besides Gendry. Will it be epic or kind of a lull in between Episodes 4 and 6?
What do you mean by 'epic'?

Every episode doesn't have to include a battle or a duel or a torture scene.

From the leaks it seems that the next and longer episode will explore the aftermath of Dany's decision to ambush the Lannister wagon train and how Varys and Tyrion try to find a way to end the conflict between the two sides. When Varys says, 'You need to find a way to make her listen', this could well be a deliberate attempt a deflection. He may be telling Tyrion that he needs to get through to his sister so they can agree to talk.

Jon offers to head North a get evidence of the threat in the hope that this will convince both sides to come together.

The business on Dragonstone involves a number of key players meeting and then forming a sort of 'Magnificent 7' suicide squad, including Gendry, Jorah, Davos and Jon, who will go beyond the wall (they'll pick up Tormand, Sandor, Beric and Thoros next episode). That in itself is going to be great character interaction and crowd pleasing too.

Sam's decision to leave Old Town and head to Winterfell, as well as Gilly accidentally discovering that Jon is not a Bastard by a legitimate Targaryen is going to be cool.

Finally we have more interactions between Jon and Dany as their relationship develops.

It should be a great episode, but I can understand why is has to be long. There will be a lot of talking.
Is Gendry in this?

He is. Davos meets him after smuggling Tyrion into KL apparently. He's working as a swords-smith I think, but has had enough of making Lannister weapons and wants to make dildos instead. He joins the other two on the return journey to DS where he starts making Dragonglass dildos. Suffice to say, everyone is happy.

Post Reply
  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests