Spoilers episode 5

WotW Spoiler Town, with extensive House of the Dragon and Game of Thrones Spoilers including major leaks, filming spoilers, photos and all. Consider yourself warned!
Jack Bauer 24

Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:30 am

Boudica wrote:
Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:58 am
Jack Bauer 24 wrote:
Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:26 pm
Are Jaime and Bronn taken hostage? Please tell me they didn't escape that.
It seems like Jaime escapes without much of an explanation. Perhaps it isn't and the script but it will be shown. Jaime will not be a prisoner, that is 100% confirmed.
Thanks. I find this really strange. We'llsee how it plays on screen I guess. Jaime can't stay submerged underwater for that long, so you would think Dany would see him surface and he would be a huge bargaining chip she could use.

How's the Dany/Jorah reunion? Satisfying? Does he tell Jon that Sam saved his life?

Jack Bauer 24

Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:34 am

Violator wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:53 pm
Jack Bauer 24 wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:05 pm
Violator wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:23 pm

What do you mean by 'epic'?

Every episode doesn't have to include a battle or a duel or a torture scene.

From the leaks it seems that the next and longer episode will explore the aftermath of Dany's decision to ambush the Lannister wagon train and how Varys and Tyrion try to find a way to end the conflict between the two sides. When Varys says, 'You need to find a way to make her listen', this could well be a deliberate attempt a deflection. He may be telling Tyrion that he needs to get through to his sister so they can agree to talk.

Jon offers to head North a get evidence of the threat in the hope that this will convince both sides to come together.

The business on Dragonstone involves a number of key players meeting and then forming a sort of 'Magnificent 7' suicide squad, including Gendry, Jorah, Davos and Jon, who will go beyond the wall (they'll pick up Tormand, Sandor, Beric and Thoros next episode). That in itself is going to be great character interaction and crowd pleasing too.

Sam's decision to leave Old Town and head to Winterfell, as well as Gilly accidentally discovering that Jon is not a Bastard by a legitimate Targaryen is going to be cool.

Finally we have more interactions between Jon and Dany as their relationship develops.

It should be a great episode, but I can understand why is has to be long. There will be a lot of talking.
Is Gendry in this?

He is. Davos meets him after smuggling Tyrion into KL apparently. He's working as a swords-smith I think, but has had enough of making Lannister weapons and wants to make dildos instead. He joins the other two on the return journey to DS where he starts making Dragonglass dildos. Suffice to say, everyone is happy.
What? Is this for real? How does he link up with Jon? Jon leaves DS this episode and comes back for him? I thought Jon heads for Eastwatch and episode 6 they are beyond the Wall?

And how does Tyrion go undetected in KL?

Flayed Potatoes

Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:28 am

Please don't tell me the episode leaked while I was hiking. :lol:

Flayed Potatoes

Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:32 pm

Boudica wrote:
Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:19 pm

I do agree, I also actually think the wight hunt idea is not a bad idea. No one is ever going to believe Jon about an army of dead people and icy creatures. I don't know why so many people hated on this idea, this is something I can actually see happening in the books as well.

Yes this outline is old, some things will be changed.

There are no words for these dumb idiotic Lords within the North. At this stage Jon hasn't kneeled and he has organized dragonglass for weapons, they are really a lost cause. I hope they all die in episode 1 of season 8, as the White Walkers sweep through the North. The funniest thing is how they specifically point out, that they are already rebelling after one month, really? Funny how they never rebelled against the Boltons, they are the sheep Lady Olenna refers to. It is a great shame, because the Northern storyline is really one of the best the books.

The Dragonstone portion of this episode actually sounds pretty good.

The Gendry stuff just sounds a bit ridiculous to me. He is suddenly happily referring to himself as Robert's bastard son and he forging hammers and seeing himself as a Baratheon. Robert never give a crap about him, he wasn't even acknowledged, I find it hard to believe that he has suddenly become such a loyal son to Robert. He didn't even particularly like highborn people.

Poor Arya loses 30 IQ points, as soon as she encounters Sansa and Littlefinger.
I've just read the leaks and I 100% agree with you. It's sad what a mess the northern storyline is this season. Glad Jon peaced out in episode 2 lmao. It's going to be such a mess in season 8 when Jon shows up with Dany after D&D made him kneel because reasons :roll: This is such pointless drama.

Looking forward to Jon's interactions with the dragons. The Sam and Gilly scenes don't sound as bad as people were saying back when the first waves of leaks came out.

Gendry is now fully turned into Edric Storm or something.

Poor Arya indeed.

elybe

Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:24 pm

The Dragonstone and King's Landing scenes sound pretty good while Winterfell sounds like a proper hot mess. Reading these outlines (including the ones for the first three episodes), it's funny to see how much D&D had to rein in their biases when it came to writing the final scripts. There's also really no denying those biases once you see them laid out in plain text like that. We're very fortunate that the directing, editing, acting, scoring, and cinematography are able to tell a much more nuanced and meaningful story.
Flayed Potatoes wrote:
It's sad what a mess the northern storyline is this season. Glad Jon peaced out in episode 2 lmao.
Accurate af. The minute Jon set foot on southern shores, he was suddenly allowed to be self-aware, make valid points without being undermined, and demonstrate a positive influence on those around him. Arya enters Winterfell, and the Faceless Woman trained to see through lies and manipulations is suddenly more pliable than clay. My only hope is that Samwell and Bran drop the truth of Jon's parentage on him ASAP, so that Aegon Targaryen can helpfully point out to the Northerners that he didn't actually hand the kingdom over to a dragon - THEY did.

Boudica

Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:44 pm

Jack Bauer 24 wrote:
Boudica wrote:
Jack Bauer 24 wrote:
Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:26 pm
Are Jaime and Bronn taken hostage? Please tell me they didn't escape that.
It seems like Jaime escapes without much of an explanation. Perhaps it isn't and the script but it will be shown. Jaime will not be a prisoner, that is 100% confirmed.
Thanks. I find this really strange. We'llsee how it plays on screen I guess. Jaime can't stay submerged underwater for that long, so you would think Dany would see him surface and he would be a huge bargaining chip she could use.

How's the Dany/Jorah reunion? Satisfying? Does he tell Jon that Sam saved his life?
There isn't much wrtten about Jorah and Dany's reunion, it will probably be a very quick scene. It sounds somewhat amusing and friendzone-ish.

Jack Bauer 24 wrote:
Violator wrote:
Jack Bauer 24 wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:05 pm

Is Gendry in this?

He is. Davos meets him after smuggling Tyrion into KL apparently. He's working as a swords-smith I think, but has had enough of making Lannister weapons and wants to make dildos instead. He joins the other two on the return journey to DS where he starts making Dragonglass dildos. Suffice to say, everyone is happy.
What? Is this for real? How does he link up with Jon? Jon leaves DS this episode and comes back for him? I thought Jon heads for Eastwatch and episode 6 they are beyond the Wall?

Tyrion doesn't walk around openly in Kings Landing. My guess is that this meeting is somewhere in the middle of the episode, while Jon leaves closer to the end of the episode.

Jack Bauer 24

Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:18 pm

Boudica wrote:
Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:44 pm
Jack Bauer 24 wrote:
Boudica wrote:

There isn't much wrtten about Jorah and Dany's reunion, it will probably be a very quick scene. It sounds somewhat amusing and friendzone-ish.

Jack Bauer 24 wrote:
Violator wrote:

Tyrion doesn't walk around openly in Kings Landing. My guess is that this meeting is somewhere in the middle of the episode, while Jon leaves closer to the end of the episode.
Ok cool so Gendry goes with them? Does Jorah tell Jon about Sam?

Flayed Potatoes

Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:22 pm

elybe wrote:
Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:24 pm
The Dragonstone and King's Landing scenes sound pretty good while Winterfell sounds like a proper hot mess. Reading these outlines (including the ones for the first three episodes), it's funny to see how much D&D had to rein in their biases when it came to writing the final scripts. There's also really no denying those biases once you see them laid out in plain text like that. We're very fortunate that the directing, editing, acting, scoring, and cinematography are able to tell a much more nuanced and meaningful story.

Accurate af. The minute Jon set foot on southern shores, he was suddenly allowed to be self-aware, make valid points without being undermined, and demonstrate a positive influence on those around him. Arya enters Winterfell, and the Faceless Woman trained to see through lies and manipulations is suddenly more pliable than clay. My only hope is that Samwell and Bran drop the truth of Jon's parentage on him ASAP, so that Aegon Targaryen can helpfully point out to the Northerners that he didn't actually hand the kingdom over to a dragon - THEY did.
I've just finished reading the rough outlines for the first 3 episodes and I couldn't agree more. People who still claim that D&D's favorites aren't Sansa and Dany need to get their eyes checked. It's also ridiculous how much D&D shit on Jon. I bet they weren't pleased to make him KITN last season :lol: Thank god for competent directors, editors, Kit etc.

Flayed Potatoes

Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:25 pm

The hilarious part about these episode 5 outlines is that apparently the wight hunt is Tyrion's idea. :lol: But I'm sure everyone will just blame Jon again as usual. :roll: Even though the plan itself actually kind of makes sense. :lol: Dany can't fight two wars at the same time.

Boudica

Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:29 pm

Flayed Potatoes wrote:
Boudica wrote:
Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:19 pm

I do agree, I also actually think the wight hunt idea is not a bad idea. No one is ever going to believe Jon about an army of dead people and icy creatures. I don't know why so many people hated on this idea, this is something I can actually see happening in the books as well.

Yes this outline is old, some things will be changed.

There are no words for these dumb idiotic Lords within the North. At this stage Jon hasn't kneeled and he has organized dragonglass for weapons, they are really a lost cause. I hope they all die in episode 1 of season 8, as the White Walkers sweep through the North. The funniest thing is how they specifically point out, that they are already rebelling after one month, really? Funny how they never rebelled against the Boltons, they are the sheep Lady Olenna refers to. It is a great shame, because the Northern storyline is really one of the best the books.

The Dragonstone portion of this episode actually sounds pretty good.

The Gendry stuff just sounds a bit ridiculous to me. He is suddenly happily referring to himself as Robert's bastard son and he forging hammers and seeing himself as a Baratheon. Robert never give a crap about him, he wasn't even acknowledged, I find it hard to believe that he has suddenly become such a loyal son to Robert. He didn't even particularly like highborn people.

Poor Arya loses 30 IQ points, as soon as she encounters Sansa and Littlefinger.
I've just read the leaks and I 100% agree with you. It's sad what a mess the northern storyline is this season. Glad Jon peaced out in episode 2 lmao. It's going to be such a mess in season 8 when Jon shows up with Dany after D&D made him kneel because reasons :roll: This is such pointless drama.

Looking forward to Jon's interactions with the dragons. The Sam and Gilly scenes don't sound as bad as people were saying back when the first waves of leaks came out.

Gendry is now fully turned into Edric Storm or something.

Poor Arya indeed.
Yes, the Sam and Gilly scenes does sound good, and yes you are right Gerndry has now morphed into Edric Storm.

I am interested to see how the North will play out in season 8. We know that the Wall falls down and that the Nights King crosses the Wall in episode 7. Jon and Dany are on their way to the Wall. Will they somehow realise that the Wall has come down while they are sailing to Eastwatch? It could take them some time to reach Winterfell, they wouldn't end up there immediately, by the time they reach Winterfell it might be surrounded by wights. The White Walkers will have to get into the South rather quickly, otherwise their threat wouldn't seem to be that important. They would need to cause some damage to the South. When Jon and Dany reaches Winterfell the White Walkers might be attacking or laying siege to Winterfell. I could almost see a scenario where Dany has to burn a path through some wights in order to get into Winterfell. My guess by the time Jon and Dany reaches Winterfell the picture would have changed a lot, and they might care less about the kneeling. (I am speculating that the White Walkers cant enter Winterfell, perhaps Winterfell is protected by some spell.)

On the other hand there might still be a chance that Jon and Dany come to some agreement about a marriage allience. It is strange how there are several conversations about Dany being barren, and about Jon saying that he doesn't care. At this point one of their many advisors should have addressed or considered a marriage allience. One could say that it is almost a measure of incompetence from the advisors, that they haven't address the issue yet.

I hope some of these Lords within the North are killed by wights or White Walkers. Then again the Lords within the North are so idiotic they would even complain about Jon, with White Walkers are standing right outside of the gates. At this point they just deserve to die.

• Information