Detailed Spoilers - Episode 4 - HBO leak

WotW Spoiler Town, with extensive House of the Dragon and Game of Thrones Spoilers including major leaks, filming spoilers, photos and all. Consider yourself warned!
selena

Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:35 pm

Fuschia wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:09 pm
.......I loved the Arya-Sansa reunion. It seemed true to their relationship. I'm glad that the show is finally acknowledging Jon and Arya's special bond. Seriously, if you're just a casual show watcher you'd have no clue they had one.
yup.. that was one of my favorite lines "..when he sees you his heart will probably stop" ...

Steel_Wind

Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:50 pm

Jack Bauer 24 wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:31 am

Only Drogon? I'm really disappointed with the battles and budget this year. Seems like the budget was cut. I mean there's 3 fewer episodes so each episode should have tons of money.
There is nothing to be complaining about with the Field of Fire 2.0 or its budget. They totally blew the budget on that battle. It was worthy of any Hollywood epic.

Not a bad scene in the whole episode. I prefer Hardhome for it's impact, but this was, to me, better than the Battle of the Bastards.

You can quibble and people will have their opinions, but "Spoils of War" is clearly in the Top 3 of Game of Thrones Episodes.

And Arya's sparring scene with Brienne was so good it almost stole the show and outshone the Field of Fire. I LOVED it.

Jack Bauer 24

Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:22 am

Steel_Wind wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:50 pm
Jack Bauer 24 wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:31 am

Only Drogon? I'm really disappointed with the battles and budget this year. Seems like the budget was cut. I mean there's 3 fewer episodes so each episode should have tons of money.
There is nothing to be complaining about with the Field of Fire 2.0 or its budget. They totally blew the budget on that battle. It was worthy of any Hollywood epic.

Not a bad scene in the whole episode. I prefer Hardhome for it's impact, but this was, to me, better than the Battle of the Bastards.

You can quibble and people will have their opinions, but "Spoils of War" is clearly in the Top 3 of Game of Thrones Episodes.

And Arya's sparring scene with Brienne was so good it almost stole the show and outshone the Field of Fire. I LOVED it.
How long is the actual battle though? And why is the sparring scene so good? Shame they blew the budget on one episode when there's only 7.

ghost of winterfell

Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:58 am

Fuschia wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:09 pm
After watching the episode, I an less convinced that Friki has any real info other then what has already been leaked.

Why is Jon still hanging around Dragonstone?

I mean he has permission to mine Dragonglass and has the offer of an alliance. His job there is done, imo.

Oh, and poor Marya Seaworth, it seems your husband has truly forgotten you.
I am highly doubtful that Friki has seen the episodes himself, as he was wrong about Arya-Sansa and the fact that the gold has reached KL. But he does have some info other than the leaks imo, because he did get some things right that were never mentioned in the leaks, like Arya asking for Maester Luwin. I am guessing he knows somebody who has seen the episodes.

Jon has the dragonglass, he now wants the dragon ass :D . D&D need Jon to keep hanging around Dany, so he can't go yet. The in-universe reason is that even though Dany says she believes him, she obviously does not take the threat seriously yet, as she has not seen them herself. He cannot just rely on her word that she will send her army north, especially when she is fighting a war in the south. He needs to convince her of the severity of the threat to the north and ensure she makes that her priority. As he said, they barely have 10,000 fighting men in the North and he needs her army.

Davos is enjoying the single life. Flirting with Missendei keeps him occupied lol.
Last edited by ghost of winterfell on Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pigeon

Sat Aug 05, 2017 2:45 am

Can I just say that Davos' "fewer" was probably one of my favourite moments so far this season? ;)

And I want a print of those little white walker cartoons on the cave wall. Nicely done. :D

ghost of winterfell

Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:29 am

Steel_Wind wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:12 pm
ghost of winterfell wrote:
Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:33 pm

I would not go that far. The reason I say so has to do with the way the scene in the Tower of Joy in S06E10 was shot.

You will recall that D&D make sure to have Ned pick up Ser Arthur Dayne's sword, Dawn. Ned carries it into Lyanna's chamber and lies it against the foot of the Bed of Blood. The sword is framed in the shot and the camera lingers on it for just the *slightest* moment.

That's Dawn. The Prince Who was Promised will bring the Dawn. That's what he brings. He brings that sword at the appointed hour.

So we have to get that sword into Jon's hands. And given that we are left to guess what happened at the Tower of Joy, between the lies Ned told to everyone about Howland Reed not being there at the end (Brandon said he heard the story many times) then there was a reason Ned lied about it. The reason he lied was because the fact that Howland Reed survived the fight but did not ride back with Ned was a fact that had to be hidden. It was hidden because it was Howland Reed who must have taken Jon and headed up North across the interior of country, found a wetnurse, and then headed East across the Riverlands to bring the wetnurse, now posing as a Tavern girl, to hand over Jon Snow to Eddard as Eddard rode back up North from King's Landing along the King's Road with the Northern army, going back home.

And that means Howland Reed is overwhelmingly likely, at least in the show, to have Dawn. The sword was not returned to Dayne's sister on the show I don't think.

The camera framing and lingering on Dawn at the foot of the bed was no accident. We are going to see that sword again. That means we are seeing Howland Reed, sometime in Season 8 or in the final episode of Season 7, I wager.
It seems to me like Longclaw is Jon's sword. IDK if he would wield Dawn as well. I have wondered if Dawn will play a role in the final war, but there doesn't seem to be any mention of either Dawn or Howland Reed this season. And we know how D&D like to set things up. I feel like if they were to play a role, they would have been mentioned this season as well. Lets see. Your theory is very plausible and I would be happy if things go down this way.

ghost of winterfell

Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:31 am

Pigeon wrote:
Can I just say that Davos' "fewer" was probably one of my favourite moments so far this season? ;)

And I want a print of those little white walker cartoons on the cave wall. Nicely done. :D
Also "I saw you looking at the good heart" :) Davos was in fine form this episode. He was probably just relieved to be back in all the sunshine and good weather lol. It's showing!

Pigeon

Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:46 am

ghost of winterfell wrote:
Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:31 am
Pigeon wrote:

Also "I saw you looking at the good heart" :) Davos was in fine form this episode. He was probably just relieved to be back in all the sunshine and good weather lol. It's showing!
Haha! And "King Jon". I keep thinking how odd it must be for him to be back at Dragonstone in such different circumstances. No more demon shadow babies. Or ones in jars! Wonder if he visits his old cell just to give it the fing....oh.

Boudica

Sat Aug 05, 2017 4:34 am

I haven't watched the episode yet, I think I will just wait until Sunday night.

From the Freefolk reddit I was starting to worry that they are turing Jon and Dany into a romcom, I am glad to hear that isn't the case.

I am disappointed to hear that the gold made it back to Kings Landing, it means this battle was for naught. I don't really understand why Cersei has to be so empowered, she is a great character but they are making her to competent this season and it isn't done on merit. It also means there is no logical reason for Cersei to meet with them in the Dragonpit.

I also dont really like the idea of Arya being a straight-up warrior and besting Brienne. She was trained as an assassin, her water dancing training was never that extensive. But it sounds like people really liked this scene.

A lot of people are foreshadowing Jon or Arya's death with that line from Sansa about Jon's heart stopping. I hope that is not the case.

The scene between Bran and Littlefinger sounds interesting.

It is interesting to think how the wight hunt and the parley with Cersei comes about, or are developed into a plan.

Violator

Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:53 am

Boudica wrote:
Sat Aug 05, 2017 4:34 am
I haven't watched the episode yet, I think I will just wait until Sunday night.

From the Freefolk reddit I was starting to worry that they are turing Jon and Dany into a romcom, I am glad to hear that isn't the case.

I am disappointed to hear that the gold made it back to Kings Landing, it means this battle was for naught. I don't really understand why Cersei has to be so empowered, she is a great character but they are making her to competent this season and it isn't done on merit. It also means there is no logical reason for Cersei to meet with them in the Dragonpit.

I also dont really like the idea of Arya being a straight-up warrior and besting Brienne. She was trained as an assassin, her water dancing training was never that extensive. But it sounds like people really liked this scene.

A lot of people are foreshadowing Jon or Arya's death with that line from Sansa about Jon's heart stopping. I hope that is not the case.

The scene between Bran and Littlefinger sounds interesting.

It is interesting to think how the wight hunt and the parley with Cersei comes about, or are developed into a plan.
There's some smouldering looks in the cave. Let's just say there's more than just volcanic activity creating heat in there.

Dany and Jon are going to fall for one another and it's being non too subtly foreshadowed.

I for one am enjoying every minute of it. Loves a good weepy me.

• Information