Episode 6 leaked!!

WotW Spoiler Town, with extensive House of the Dragon and Game of Thrones Spoilers including major leaks, filming spoilers, photos and all. Consider yourself warned!
HayashiM

Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:14 am

Mau mau wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:58 pm
JennyT wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:20 pm
I know that people will bitch about Arya and say she is a psycho
I think people are completely ignoring that Arya at the end of that scene gave Sansa a dagger. That completely changes the context of the scene.
This.

I think Arya knows that Littlfinger set the letter up for her, so she also knows he could be spying on her while talking to Sansa. So all of the Winterfell squabbles are not real, it is just a play for Littlefinger.
When giving the dagger, Arya uses the opportunity to send a message to Sansa: "Now when you have seen what I can do, let's team up. Perhaps I don't have to use your face after all, since you can be stronger yourself. Just show me a target to use the dagger on."¨
That's how I would try to read it, otherwise the Winterfell scenes don't make much sense to me.

Jon Snowed

Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:35 am

Not sure I had that impression, I was feeling the tension that Arya may kill Sansa (there were supposed leaks of this during the off season) and Sansa was petrified and in tears, definitely not them in tandem as clearly Littlefinger was not there.

Sam the Slayer

Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:16 am

Jon Snowed wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:31 pm
Now my criticisms:
- This one really bugged me but Jon and co grab a wight then see the coming storm and realise it's going to get nasty. Jon immediately tells Gendry to run to Eastwatch and send a raven to Danerys, I meant what the fuck? They are presumably miles past the wall, if he gets there he has to send a raven to Dragonstone, she has to read it and then fly all the way North and find them, that's going to take days and they are about to get swamped by thousands of wights, it's just daft.
- Anyway Jon and co run in a different direction to Gendry and accidently get refuge on a small island in the middle of a frozen lake, this is all fine and good but the are their presumably for a long time given the above with no noticeable food or heat (well apart from Thoros burning body), they sleep over night then on day 2 Jorah tells Jon they are going to freeze to death despite surviving the night? Also tens of thousands of the army of the dead just stand motionless watching them, why? * see my point below I may have worked out why but it's not clear to the audience.
* Final criticism where exactly did all those chains come from to pull the dragon out of the lake? They are in the frozen north but suddenly have these huge chains?
- What I don't get is why the group didn't run back with Gendry to Eastwatch in the first place? They literally came across the best possible scenario - a single White Walker with a few wights instead of the entire army - yet continued onto the lake? Did I miss something there?
- I don't think they're there for more than just the night and then a few hours. I think they would be able to manage that without food - adrenaline does a lot to your body - but I don't know how they did it without any water, except for Thoros's wine. I'm guessing they had supplies offscreen. The wights didn't attack because they - or the White Walkers - knew they would sink into the lake. That's why they only attacked when Sandor threw the rock onto the ice - it made them realize they could just walk over to the group.
- About the chains: the White Walkers knew the dragons were coming, you said that yourself. They probably took those chains from the giants or made their army forge them. They had to do something beyond the Wall for the entire season!

ghost of winterfell

Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:27 am

I see people on Reddit are blaming Jon for charging at the wights instead of climbing onto Drogon lol. People love to call him stupid, with more Leeroy Jenkins references. They are blaming him for the death of Viserion.

I thought it was quite clear that the reason he charged at the wights was to fend them off till the others could get on the dragon. He was trying to protect them while they climbed on Drogon, and then got too far ahead. But a lot of people seem confused as to why he charged.

HayashiM

Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:39 am

Jon Snowed wrote:
Not sure I had that impression, I was feeling the tension that Arya may kill Sansa (there were supposed leaks of this during the off season) and Sansa was petrified and in tears, definitely not them in tandem as clearly Littlefinger was not there.
Sure, because this is all Arya's game. Sansa only understands at the end when she's given the dagger.

Flayed Potatoes

Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:17 am

Sam the Slayer wrote:

- What I don't get is why the group didn't run back with Gendry to Eastwatch in the first place? They literally came across the best possible scenario - a single White Walker with a few wights instead of the entire army - yet continued onto the lake? Did I miss something there?
- I don't think they're there for more than just the night and then a few hours. I think they would be able to manage that without food - adrenaline does a lot to your body - but I don't know how they did it without any water, except for Thoros's wine. I'm guessing they had supplies offscreen.
- The group knew the WW were on their heels and Jon knew they couldn't outrun them with their weapons, an injured Thoros and the wight they needed to bring as proof. So the best solution was to send the fastest of the group (Gendry) to summon help and airlift them, while making sure the WW army would follow the main group instead of him.

- As they are not in a hot environment, they won't dehydrate easily and can live without water long enough to wait for Dany to arrive. Generally they can live for 3-4 days without drinking water beyond the Wall, provided that they don't die of cold.
ghost of winterfell wrote:
I see people on Reddit are blaming Jon for charging at the wights instead of climbing onto Drogon lol. People love to call him stupid, with more Leeroy Jenkins references. They are blaming him for the death of Viserion.

I thought it was quite clear that the reason he charged at the wights was to fend them off till the others could get on the dragon. He was trying to protect them while they climbed on Drogon, and then got too far ahead. But a lot of people seem confused as to why he charged.
They're just bitter haters at this point. Most are probably the same people who whined about Jon being legitimate a few weeks ago.
Last edited by Flayed Potatoes on Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Meg22

Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:28 am

HayashiM wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:39 am
Jon Snowed wrote:
Sure, because this is all Arya's game. Sansa only understands at the end when she's given the dagger.
But why has Arya toyed with Sansa, threatening to expose her to the lords? Even in the privacy of Arya's room, Arya was toying with Sansa. What is the rationale behind that?

Loonyluna

Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:36 am

Because Arya knows she is being watched and/or heard by LF or his spies. She is playing games with him. Otherwise all the WF scenes don't make any sense. After all Sansa has been through she would never send Brienne away if she was afraid of Arya. She actually knows Arya is protecting her. This is all leading to LF's downfall I think. She is thinking like a mobster, a Michael Corleone move.

ChristinaB618

Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:47 am

I thought that was very clear too! He tried to run back to jump on the dragon and tell them to leave once he saw the NK grabbing another dragon-killing-ice-spear. He got swamped before he could make it but he was clearly fending the wights off to get everyone out safely, putting his own well being as the last priority, which is why he is such a great leader. Dany also clearly did not want to leave him, she only did when she saw the NK getting ready to take down another of her babies and she thought there was no way to save Jon

ChristinaB618

Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:51 am

Flayed Potatoes wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:17 am
Sam the Slayer wrote:

- I don't think they're there for more than just the night and then a few hours. I think they would be able to manage that without food - adrenaline does a lot to your body - but I don't know how they did it without any water, except for Thoros's wine. I'm guessing they had supplies offscreen.
- The group knew the WW were on their heels and Jon knew they couldn't outrun them with their weapons, an injured Thoros and the wight they needed to bring as proof. So the best solution was to send the fastest of the group (Gendry) to summon help and airlift them, while making sure the WW army would follow the main group instead of him.

- As they are not in a hot environment, they won't dehydrate easily and can live without water long enough to wait for Dany to arrive. Generally they can live for 3-4 days without drinking water beyond the Wall, provided that they don't die of cold.

They're just bitter haters at this point. Most are probably the same people who whined about Jon being legitimate a few weeks ago.
Yep everything you said is 100% right! Wait, who in their right mind could complain that Jon is legitimate?! It is so central and important to the entire story

• Information