Episode 6 leaked!!

WotW Spoiler Town, with extensive House of the Dragon and Game of Thrones Spoilers including major leaks, filming spoilers, photos and all. Consider yourself warned!
Jack Bauer 24

Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:13 am

The wight giants disappeared?

Ginevra

Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:17 am

Mau mau wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:52 pm
We don't know how big Westeros is in the show, we dont know how far away Dragonstone is, we don't know how fast ravens in this world can fly, since their capabilities doesn't make any sense if you use normal ravens from our world and we don't know how fast dragons can fly. So yeas, 24 hours could be enough.
We have a presumably scaled map with the info that the Wall is 300 miles long. From there, one could deduce the distance and size of all else on the map. Was George accurate in his estimates? Hell no. He is inconsistent in them often. But we should know the size based on the length of the wall and the map.

Drogon should be flying slow enough not to mess up braids at all, so 30 mph seems like too much, really, to allow for such perfect coiffure. The speed of an unladen swallow is a wee bit faster, 31-40 mph, and so one can presume that a lightly-laden raven (loving the rhymes, all of the times!) might be around 30 mph, as well.

The non-magical ravens in this world would have speeds much the same as our own ravens - just as their horses and their humans and their bears and their boars do. Unless it is magical, there is no reason to presume it is vastly different.

Here are the official maps: http://a1018.g.akamai.net/f/1018/19022/ ... s_maps.pdf.

Just eye-balling the distance, I'd say that Dragonstone-to-Eastwatch, as the dragon flies (dragonflies!), is about 7 times as long as the Wall. And so that would be about 2000 miles. At 30 mph, that's around 67 hours one direction for the raven and 67 hours the other direction for the dragons. And that's not counting the run that Gendry made. No wonder Thoros froze!

Seriously, I'm not that bothered. It is a bit ridiculous, and I wish they'd taken the time to come up with more elegant solutions since they spent an extra 3-4 months on fewer episodes, but there is much to love.

Jack Bauer 24

Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:20 am

Is Theon in this episode? Just say yes or no.

Jack Bauer 24

Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:23 am

Does this live up to other "episode 9's" in the series? I know this is episode 6, but it's the big one before the finale.

Conan Troutman

Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:25 am

Bunkerbill wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:19 am
If the episode was leaked by HBOSpain, then why is it in English and not dubbed in Spanish or with Spanish subtitles?
Because HBO Nordic released it early as well. :roll:

Decided to watch it as the net is dark and full of spoilers - much rather wait eleven days for the finale than have an episode like this spoiled. And boy, what an episode it was. "The Spoils of War" was an instant classic as well and this one was even better (certainly "Hardhome" levels of amazing). The fight was spread out in several smaller skirmishes before the final big one as opposed to the previous WW attacks, which left plenty of time for endlessly quotable dialouge. Tormund and the Hound talking about Brienne was probably the best one though.

But the big star of the episode were the dragons, Viserion in particular. Hate to see him go down like that, but damnit, it's going to make for some seriously great scenes and the WW needed an upgrade just like Cersei did to keep things interesting. On the plus side, other than Viserion only Thoros died which is a pleasant surprise. I was convinced he and Beric were toast going into the episode along with probably at least one of Jorah/Tormund/Sandor, so I'll gladly trade one dragon against all of these characters.

They also did get their wight, so at least it wasn't a total failure. I'll just assume it isn't going to rot before they reach KL like on their last try because that would be freaking lame, so Cersei (who likes the idea of an armistice anyway) will probably agree to Dany's proposal. As did Jon in a way by bending the knee - didn't expect the episode to basically end with this, but that scene was really fantastic as well. We'll see how the Northern and Vale lords are going to react to that and that ties in nicely to the Winterfell plot that's sprinkled in throughout the episode.

Arya is maybe a bit too harsh and confrontational here, but I guess she wants to make a point that she's to be taken seriously. And Sansa got the message, that's for sure. LF's plan has worked well so far, if it was to play Arya and Sansa against eath other and get rid of Arya. What was interesting about it was that LF reminded Sansa that Brienne is sworn to protect both her and Arya, and later Sansa sends her away. Probably just misdirection, but something's probably coming next week. You'd think LF is overdue by now, but maybe the show wants to save some intrigue for next season.

Jack Bauer 24

Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:29 am

I thought Thoros was only injured?

Young Dragon

Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:31 am

I actually really enjoyed the Winterfell plot this episode. To be honest, I completely understand where Arya is coming from. It fits Arya's character. She's always been a moral absolutist. It's either you're a friend or an enemy. And you have to remember that Arya hasn't seen Sansa's story the way we've seen it. Of course we know Sansa's circumstances in writing that letter and the horrors that have befallen her, both with Ramsay and Joffrey, but the last time Arya saw Sansa, she was still infatuated with Joffrey and with the queen. It's not a big leap for Arya to think that Sansa assisted the Lannisters in framing their father, especially with the letter as evidence. Anyway, I actually really enjoyed the Stark sister interactions this episode a lot better than last episode. It was well written and well acted.

Conan Troutman

Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:42 am

Jack Bauer 24 wrote:
Does this live up to other "episode 9's" in the series? I know this is episode 6, but it's the big one before the finale.
Absolutely. As far as everything battle related goes, I'd rank it above Blackwater, WotW and at least on par with Hardhome and BotB, possibly better. The WF scenes aren't quite the caliber of Hardhome or Blackwater (still very good, just not some of the best the show has ever done like in these two) and it's hard to compare it to Baelor or the Red Wedding, but this week's episode definitely didn't disappoint.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:59 am

Jack Bauer 24 wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:13 am
The wight giants disappeared?
There were no wight giants in episode 6. Scene with wight giants in episode 1 is Bran's vision of future i.e. when The Wall gets destroyed. Same scene will be shown in real time in episode 7 and then Night King will destroy The Wall with Viserion.
Jack Bauer 24 wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:20 am
Is Theon in this episode? Just say yes or no.
No.
Jack Bauer 24 wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:29 am
I thought Thoros was only injured?
He was injured by polar bear, but freezes to death later when they get trapped on an island.
Jack Bauer 24 wrote:
Yes! Btw, why don't you watch it?

Jon Snowed

Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:12 am

Jack Bauer 24 wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:35 pm
Does Dany make eye contact with NK? Do they show her reaction to seeing the WW for the first time?
No Jack, it's only Jon and the Night King but even that is fairly low key, I think it could have been better done. I feel the final confrontration will be between JOn and the Night King in S8.

• Information