Drogon vs Viserion

WotW Spoiler Town, with extensive House of the Dragon and Game of Thrones Spoilers including major leaks, filming spoilers, photos and all. Consider yourself warned!
ancalagontheblack

Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:10 pm

So, by now we all know that Viserion is turned into a wight by the Night Kind at the end of episode 6.

Now, the adding of an undead dragon to the Army of the Dead is quite an upgrade, providing the NK with the kind of air support that, so far, only Daenerys enjoyed... I can only imagine the kind of destruction the NK on Viserion will bring upon the peoples of Westeros... Imagine the both of them assaulting Winterfell, the Eyrie, Highgarden, the Red Keep, leading the charge against the Dothraki or the Northerners...

Which brings me to this speculation thread.

Other than the obvious use of Qyburn's ballista with spears made of dragonglass (which opens the way to a mistake shot fired at the other 2 dragons and continue eroding Dany's military might)...

Who else can confront undead Viserion and the Night King?

My money is on, of course, Drogon.

Drogon, the biggest of the 3, the most aggressive of the brothers and the one that is more fiercely protective of his Mother. Whats the only thing, other than ballistas/ice spears that can kill dragons in GoT? Another dragon.

Imagine the emotional stress that would put on Daenerys to confront her undead son with another one of her sons... I suppose Drogon would best Viserion, but Drogon (I suppose) would not emerge unharmed. I just hope he doesn't face life-threatening injuries. And once Viserion is disposed of by his brother, the Night King would be on land, ready to face Aegon/Jon and longclaw.

What are your thoughts on this?

ancalagontheblack

Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:12 pm

I think it is, also, another nice play of the confrontation of season 1 between Khal Drogo and Viserys... along with Aegon/Jon riding on his dad's namesake dragon.

trarecar

Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:12 pm

I like it. I can already see it.

Still sad about Viserion, tho. :(

Violator

Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:03 pm

Those dragons don't like it up 'em - they don't like it up 'em!

• Information