Looking forward: what are your top five predictions of what you are more than 50% sure will happen in season 8?

WotW Spoiler Town, with extensive House of the Dragon and Game of Thrones Spoilers including major leaks, filming spoilers, photos and all. Consider yourself warned!
elybe

Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:41 pm

Flayed Potatoes wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:54 am
You probably missed the 49843340439 theories that have been popping up on reddit about Jon dying ever since the leaks were confirmed. Trust me there's rush to kill him as well.
No kidding. Half the fandom thinks the Lord of Light brought Jon back to make a sperm deposit and that D&D spent two seasons building up to Jon's full parentage reveal because the NK isn't going down unless his final nemesis can produce documentation that he was born in wedlock. Don’t get me started on Jon the contrarian corpse who can enjoy a good meal, a good nap, a good fuck, and shoots the kind of super sperm that can lift fertility curses, but apparently can’t ever have nice things.

Pigeon

Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:40 pm

I realize that the story is totally pointing to it, but I honestly don't give a crap about potential Targ offspring. The characters I care about are currently alive. If both Jon and Dany go, that isn't bittersweet to me, just bitter.

JennyT

Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:02 am

Jon and Dany will have a baby.Jon will ride Rhaegal.Sansa lives 100% and is left in charge of Winterfell.Obviously all the villains will die.Sam,Tyrion will live for sure.I sure as hell hope Jon and Dany both live.With the importance their relationship has to them by the time of season 8 then one of them dying is just bitter not bittersweet.

ancalagontheblack

Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:17 am

anna1226 wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:37 pm
My Guesses:
Jon revealed as Targaryen, becomes dragon rider.
Gendry master weapon maker, non romantic reunion with Arya.
Bran worgs into ice dragon briefly when NK army gets to Winterfell, again in final battle.
Children of the Forest assist Winterfell battle, NK army retreats.
NK war reaches Kings Landing, the Red Keep is torched (roof missing in visions).
Jon is the prince that was promised & kills NK, with Bran's help.
Melisandre returns for final battle, maybe to resurrect Jon again.
J+D will have a baby (S8 time jump for this?).
Dany or Jon may die, though I'd love to see them rule together (references to Dany being a conqueror and Jon a ruler).
Cersie hires Golden Company army, but Daario Naharis secretly runs it & betrays her.
Jamie dies heroically in battles against NK (preferable in Brienne's arms), Arya steals his face/hand.
Arya will kill Cersie with dagger. Uses Littlefinger's face to spy, then maybe Jamie's face to kill.

After the war Westeros is more democratic, still kings/queens & lords but more balanced power.
Wardens: Sansa-North, Gendry- Stormlands, Tyrion-Rock, Sam-Reach, Edmure Tully-Riverlands, Yara/Theon-Iron Islands, Vale-Robin?, Dorne-unknown Martel?
Small Council: Tyrion-hand, Davos-master coin, Sam--master laws, Grand Maester-Ebrose, Brienne-LC kingsgaurd, Arya-master whispers (spies/assassins), Yara-master ships.
Bran remains TER. Tormund/wildlings-watchers of the wall. Gray Worm/unsullied- replaces gold cloaks. Dothraki-return to Essos. Ghost joins Nymeria's pack. Dragons retire to Valeria.
I loved your predictions, specially the ones related to Jamie.

Imagine if the retun of the Dragons to Valyria sparks a revival of the ancient city?

anna1226

Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:36 pm

ancalagontheblack wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:17 am
anna1226 wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:37 pm
My Guesses:
Jon revealed as Targaryen, becomes dragon rider.
Gendry master weapon maker, non romantic reunion with Arya.
Bran worgs into ice dragon briefly when NK army gets to Winterfell, again in final battle.
Children of the Forest assist Winterfell battle, NK army retreats.
NK war reaches Kings Landing, the Red Keep is torched (roof missing in visions).
Jon is the prince that was promised & kills NK, with Bran's help.
Melisandre returns for final battle, maybe to resurrect Jon again.
J+D will have a baby (S8 time jump for this?).
Dany or Jon may die, though I'd love to see them rule together (references to Dany being a conqueror and Jon a ruler).
Cersie hires Golden Company army, but Daario Naharis secretly runs it & betrays her.
Jamie dies heroically in battles against NK (preferable in Brienne's arms), Arya steals his face/hand.
Arya will kill Cersie with dagger. Uses Littlefinger's face to spy, then maybe Jamie's face to kill.

After the war Westeros is more democratic, still kings/queens & lords but more balanced power.
Wardens: Sansa-North, Gendry- Stormlands, Tyrion-Rock, Sam-Reach, Edmure Tully-Riverlands, Yara/Theon-Iron Islands, Vale-Robin?, Dorne-unknown Martel?
Small Council: Tyrion-hand, Davos-master coin, Sam--master laws, Grand Maester-Ebrose, Brienne-LC kingsgaurd, Arya-master whispers (spies/assassins), Yara-master ships.
Bran remains TER. Tormund/wildlings-watchers of the wall. Gray Worm/unsullied- replaces gold cloaks. Dothraki-return to Essos. Ghost joins Nymeria's pack. Dragons retire to Valeria.
I loved your predictions, specially the ones related to Jamie.

Imagine if the retun of the Dragons to Valyria sparks a revival of the ancient city?
Thanks. I would love to see the dragons start a whole new line of dragon babies in Valyria:) I wonder if Melisandre could bring an ice dragon back. I' secretly hoping to see Jon & Dany rule together, maybe GRRM will surprise us with that happy ending. I think Cersie was the one that sent the dagger/cut throat to kill Bran (maybe via Littlefinger) kicking off the show, so I could see it being her end.

Twinfist

Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:52 pm

anna1226 wrote:
I think Cersie was the one that sent the dagger/cut throat to kill Bran (maybe via Littlefinger) kicking off the show, so I could see it being her end.
In the books, it is pretty much said flat out it was Joffery

In the show it was Jaime.

anna1226

Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:59 pm

Twinfist wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:52 pm
anna1226 wrote:
I think Cersie was the one that sent the dagger/cut throat to kill Bran (maybe via Littlefinger) kicking off the show, so I could see it being her end.
In the books, it is pretty much said flat out it was Joffery

In the show it was Jaime.
Thanks, didn't know about the book thing.

Violator

Sun Aug 27, 2017 4:25 am

Just a thought, but doesn't the revelation that Rhaegar annulled his marriage to Ellia mean that Young Griff/ Aegon in the books is actually illegitimate, even if he is genuinely who he is claimed to be?

An annulment of a marriage isn't like a divorce - it cancels out the legitimacy of the entire marriage, it doesn't just end it. That means any children you had in that marriage are no longer considered legitimate because the marriage was not legitimate.

So you can see how the revelation might have wider implications in the novels.

Flayed Potatoes

Sun Aug 27, 2017 4:28 am

Violator wrote:
Just a thought, but doesn't the revelation that Rhaegar annulled his marriage to Ellia mean that Young Griff/ Aegon in the books is actually illegitimate, even if he is genuinely who he is claimed to be?

An annulment of a marriage isn't like a divorce - it cancels out the legitimacy of the entire marriage, it doesn't just end it. That means any children you had in that marriage are no longer considered legitimate because the marriage was not legitimate.

No it doesn't necessarily cancel the legitimacy of children, unless the marriage was conducted by force (see: royal annulments in Medieval Europe).

Violator

Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:21 am

Flayed Potatoes wrote:
Sun Aug 27, 2017 4:28 am
Violator wrote:

No it doesn't necessarily cancel the legitimacy of children, unless the marriage was conducted by force (see: royal annulments in Medieval Europe).

My idea's better though. It certainly helps us dismiss a useless character.

• Information