Looking forward: what are your top five predictions of what you are more than 50% sure will happen in season 8?

WotW Spoiler Town, with extensive House of the Dragon and Game of Thrones Spoilers including major leaks, filming spoilers, photos and all. Consider yourself warned!
Flayed Potatoes

Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:11 am

Violator wrote:
Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:21 am
Flayed Potatoes wrote:
Sun Aug 27, 2017 4:28 am
Violator wrote:
Sun Aug 27, 2017 4:25 am
Just a thought, but doesn't the revelation that Rhaegar annulled his marriage to Ellia mean that Young Griff/ Aegon in the books is actually illegitimate, even if he is genuinely who he is claimed to be?

An annulment of a marriage isn't like a divorce - it cancels out the legitimacy of the entire marriage, it doesn't just end it. That means any children you had in that marriage are no longer considered legitimate because the marriage was not legitimate.

So you can see how the revelation might have wider implications in the novels.
No it doesn't necessarily cancel the legitimacy of children, unless the marriage was conducted by force (see: royal annulments in Medieval Europe).

My idea's better though. It certainly helps us dismiss a useless character.
I'm only telling you how royal annulments were typically conducted in medieval times, not competing for ideas.

gabbo23

Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:31 pm

I agree with most of these except Dany dying vs. Jon dying. Try as I might, I cannot see Jon ruling the seven kingdoms. He's a warrior, not a politician. I think he will sacrifice himself so that Dany and the unborn baby can live and rule the world. As David Benioff said, Jon is the guy who throws himself on the grenade to save the platoon. (naturally I want them both to live, but that's too radical a thought to contemplate)

AB in Michigan

Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:29 pm

1. Jamie will kill the Night King. #kingslayer

2. Red Woman will return w army of priests to kick some undead ass in the final battle.

3. Tyrion will trap the wights, recalling his Battle of Blackwater Bay strategy, so Dragons can light them up.

4. Lyanna and Jorah will meet. Jorah will have earned a place of honor in Westeros back by then & she will either give him that, or bury him w dignity.

5, Finally: Dany will give birth to Jon/her little song o' ice and fire (as dragon fire makes sun appear to rise in the west) and will die either in childbirth or in battle (because death pays for life) with "Promise me, Jon" as her final words. A reluctant Jon Snow will ascend the iron throne and raise the child. HIs life will echo Ned Stark's -- but be longer.

anna1226

Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:51 pm

AB in Michigan wrote:
Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:29 pm
1. Jamie will kill the Night King. #kingslayer

2. Red Woman will return w army of priests to kick some undead ass in the final battle.

3. Tyrion will trap the wights, recalling his Battle of Blackwater Bay strategy, so Dragons can light them up.

4. Lyanna and Jorah will meet. Jorah will have earned a place of honor in Westeros back by then & she will either give him that, or bury him w dignity.

5, Finally: Dany will give birth to Jon/her little song o' ice and fire (as dragon fire makes sun appear to rise in the west) and will die either in childbirth or in battle (because death pays for life) with "Promise me, Jon" as her final words. A reluctant Jon Snow will ascend the iron throne and raise the child. HIs life will echo Ned Stark's -- but be longer.
nice predictions:) I'd love to see Jon & Dany rule together. If she's pregnant they'll get married, Jon won't make a bastard.

Jbird

Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:10 am

1- Jamie will kill the NK

2- The Hound will kill the Mountain

3- Arya will kill Cersei. D&D's green eye prophecy. Not much time left on the show to bring another green eyed char.

4- Dany & Jon will have a child. Dany will die in a sacrificial way. Not sure about Jon.

5- Bran will fly a dragon.

6- Sansa will be queen, raise Dany's baby; marry Tyrion or Jon if he survives. Arya will marry a lord like Ned said on the show or maybe not since she said that's not me!

7- Everyone else dies! ='(

Raeslewolhn

Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:52 pm

Not chrono:
1. Cersei will die at the hands of Jaime or Tyrion
2. Dany will die in childbirth (Jon's)
3. The NK will be defeated, I DON'T know if completely or pushed BK into the LoAW
4. Jon will ride Rhaegal
5. Jorah will die defending Dany

Bonus, 6. All hope will seem lost before Cersei is defeated as the Big Bad.

alienarea

Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:21 pm

1. The dragons die
2. The direwolves die
3. Jon Snow dies for good
4. Daenerys Targaryen dies
5. Jaime and Cersei Lannister die
6. The next book will not be finished

darwin-t

Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:27 pm

I would like to see Jon and Dany marry, have a child and rule.

An alternate idea is that both Jon and Dany die and Tyrion rules as the hand of the king (or queen), Dany and Jon's child.

Has Martin even started the next book? I don't think he will ever finish it in any case.

I'd also like to see Arya wear Littlefinger's face to kill Cersei.

TheSpidersGenitals

Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:42 am

Not sure I believe these myself however I would love to see:

1- A combo of Ayra & Gendry execute Cersi before skipping off hand in hand to marry.
2- Jamie, The Hound and Tormund fight to the death to try and win Brienne, who subsequently commits suicide rather than make giant babies with any of the aforementioned.
3- The NK storms through WF and sees Bran in the Godswood, they lock misty white/ sapphire eyes and run away to live in an igloo together north of the wall with ice Viserion as their gimp.
4- Jon & Dany defeat all of their adversaries and sit on the IT together until Drogon sneezes on the Red Keep, lighting the wilde fire and detroying half of KL along with his parents.
5 - Varys becomes ruler of Westeros and marries Sansa to bring the Northern Lords on side, however Sansa insists on keeping Tyrion as a lover as Varys cannot satisfy her desires. The Sansa/Tyrion offspring rule Westeros for generations to come and the wheel keeps turning.

Long odds on this happening I know. Ideally I'd like Jon & Dany to survive but can't see it happening at all. One of Tyrion & Varys will survive and I'd really like too see Ayra and Gendry have happy endings too.

So long as Jamie and Cersi die I'll be a happy chappy. Not arsed at all about the Greyjoy storyline, for all I care about the characters Theon can save Yara and kill Euron then Theons ship sinks with his sister on board (Y).

Hassifrass

Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:52 am

I am curious why everyone is ruling out Dany as Azor Ahai. Jon has never "woken dragons from stone"... I think it is much more likely that Dany is in fact The prince that was promised. I also think she will be carrying Jon's child. Jon will sacrifice himself to save them and mankind by allowing her to plunge a sword into his heart. Dany and their child will go on to rule the 7 kingdoms.

As for other predictions:
Jaime will kill Cersei
Bronn will survive and get a castle
Ghost will die, as will Jon
Sansa will be the queen of the North

• Information