Looking forward: what are your top five predictions of what you are more than 50% sure will happen in season 8?

WotW Spoiler Town, with extensive House of the Dragon and Game of Thrones Spoilers including major leaks, filming spoilers, photos and all. Consider yourself warned!
TheSpidersGenitals

Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:01 am

Hassifrass wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:52 am
I am curious why everyone is ruling out Dany as Azor Ahai. Jon has never "woken dragons from stone"... I think it is much more likely that Dany is in fact The prince that was promised. I also think she will be carrying Jon's child. Jon will sacrifice himself to save them and mankind by allowing her to plunge a sword into his heart. Dany and their child will go on to rule the 7 kingdoms.

As for other predictions:
Jaime will kill Cersei
Bronn will survive and get a castle
Ghost will die, as will Jon
Sansa will be the queen of the North
How will Dany and her child rule the 7 Kingdoms if Sansa is Queen in The North?

Dyanna

Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:51 pm

1) Dany will get pregnant.
2) Jon will ride Rhaegal.
3) Jon AND Dany will co rule in the end
4) Tyrion will betray Dany
5) Sansa will die.

Raeslewolhn

Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:06 pm

TheSpidersGenitals wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:42 am
Not sure I believe these myself however I would love to see:

1- A combo of Ayra & Gendry execute Cersi before skipping off hand in hand to marry.
2- Jamie, The Hound and Tormund fight to the death to try and win Brienne, who subsequently commits suicide rather than make giant babies with any of the aforementioned.
3- The NK storms through WF and sees Bran in the Godswood, they lock misty white/ sapphire eyes and run away to live in an igloo together north of the wall with ice Viserion as their gimp.
4- Jon & Dany defeat all of their adversaries and sit on the IT together until Drogon sneezes on the Red Keep, lighting the wilde fire and detroying half of KL along with his parents.
5 - Varys becomes ruler of Westeros and marries Sansa to bring the Northern Lords on side, however Sansa insists on keeping Tyrion as a lover as Varys cannot satisfy her desires. The Sansa/Tyrion offspring rule Westeros for generations to come and the wheel keeps turning.

Long odds on this happening I know. Ideally I'd like Jon & Dany to survive but can't see it happening at all. One of Tyrion & Varys will survive and I'd really like too see Ayra and Gendry have happy endings too.

So long as Jamie and Cersi die I'll be a happy chappy. Not arsed at all about the Greyjoy storyline, for all I care about the characters Theon can save Yara and kill Euron then Theons ship sinks with his sister on board (Y).
Lol :) to all. Except, Brienne could probably destroyed anyone who won if #2 so not suicide.

I also want those endings,except for Jaime to kill Cersei.

Honestly,bittersweet could mean all our mains die, except maybe ran to write ASOIAF, but it's still sweet bc so do the WW and Cersei and Euron.

matts6783

Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:20 pm

What about that scenario? ;)

1) the NK takes Winterfell, kills Jon, Daenarys and all the dragons...while finally oncle Benjen comes on his horse and saves Bran, along with a wight Hodor.
2) Littlefinger wakes up as a wight and plot to turn the NK against his fellow white walkers.
3) Euron comes back with the golden company and use it to attack Cersei, before climbing on the iron throne.
4) Theon, Varys and Greyworm found the brotherhood without cocks and go south to escape the night king.
5) After a succesful military campaign, the NK arrives in King's Landing after killing everyone in Westeros, he climbs the hill to the red keep, enter the throne room where Euron sits, alone on the Iron Thrones, and kneels before him"Westeros is yours, my Lord". Euron removes his face and reveal himself as the Great Other.

End of the series.

Rodent

Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:28 pm

Mine are just about smaller things, rather than the grand finale.

1. Melisandre and Arya will meet again.
2. Beric will give his last life to some heroic cause (otherwise, there would be no point in hammering into us that "Lord of light brought him back for a reason" and now removing Thoros, which means Beric is now down to just one life)
3. Bronn will get a castle and a wife.
4. Brienne and Jaime (and their "twin" swords) will fight side by side.
5. I'm not expecting Sam to wield Heartsbane himself, but I think all the Valyrian steel swords we know of (and one dagger) will take part in the final battle against the White Walkers. My top guess as to who will be using Heartsbane would be Jorah, because he and Sam have already bonded at the Citadel.
6. Cersei has a miscarriage.
7. Hound's words "You know who's coming for you" don't mean "You know I'm coming for you" and we'll find out something that will explain it. We will also find out what the voice in the fire said to Varys, or there would have been no point mentioning it.

Raeslewolhn

Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:45 pm

Rodent wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:28 pm
Mine are just about smaller things, rather than the grand finale.

1. Melisandre and Arya will meet again.
2. Beric will give his last life to some heroic cause (otherwise, there would be no point in hammering into us that "Lord of light brought him back for a reason" and now removing Thoros, which means Beric is now down to just one life)
3. Bronn will get a castle and a wife.
4. Brienne and Jaime (and their "twin" swords) will fight side by side.
5. I'm not expecting Sam to wield Heartsbane himself, but I think all the Valyrian steel swords we know of (and one dagger) will take part in the final battle against the White Walkers. My top guess as to who will be using Heartsbane would be Jorah, because he and Sam have already bonded at the Citadel.
6. Cersei has a miscarriage.
7. Hound's words "You know who's coming for you" don't mean "You know I'm coming for you" and we'll find out something that will explain it. We will also find out what the voice in the fire said to Varys, or there would have been no point mentioning it.
Pretty much all this! Except not sure on 7, you put these thoughts together, so do you think the Lord of light exists in some fashion? If so, how so?

Adding , I hope they find the Real OG Ice and the Crypts of Winterfell finally go off and become metaphysically impactful.

Rodent

Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:56 pm

Raeslewolhn wrote:
do you think the Lord of light exists in some fashion? If so, how so?
Good question. I'm not sure but leaning towards yes (and I'm saying this as an atheist, but realizing this is a TV show, so just as I'm not expecting to meet a dragon round the corner, my suspension of disbelief is also different from real life as far as deity).

If not for one thing, I would say it would be left ambiguous, just as Mel's vision of the Bolton banners being down at Winterfell - maybe it was lord of light or maybe coincidence. But there's this one little detail : at least two people have been brought back from the dead. I can't think of a coincidence that could explain that. So I'm leaning towards : yes, in the show Lord of Light really exists. Now whether it's something that will be explored much further, I have no idea.

Raeslewolhn

Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:25 pm

Rodent wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:56 pm
Raeslewolhn wrote:
do you think the Lord of light exists in some fashion? If so, how so?
Good question. I'm not sure but leaning towards yes (and I'm saying this as an atheist, but realizing this is a TV show, so just as I'm not expecting to meet a dragon round the corner, my suspension of disbelief is also different from real life as far as deity).
Definitely. Yay fantasy :)

If not for one thing, I would say it would be left ambiguous, just as Mel's vision of the Bolton banners being down at Winterfell - maybe it was lord of light or maybe coincidence. But there's this one little detail : at least two people have been brought back from the dead. I can't think of a coincidence that could explain that. So I'm leaning towards : yes, in the show Lord of Light really exists. Now whether it's something that will be explored much further, I have no idea.
I agree, I don't think coincidence explains it. There is a third option... Magic exists but the god doesn't.... And a fourth, that Bran is the 'LoL' trying to communicate with people working towards the defeat of the long night throughout time.

Either way, while they may very well be trolling us, I chose to think that was a weigh in for Cleganebowl! :)

Rodent

Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:33 pm

I'm all for Cleganebowl, would *love* to see it happen (and the Hound win, of course).

But these words struck me as weird. "You know who's coming for you. You've always known." This sounded like referring to something older, much earlier in their life. I mean, for most of their adult life, they both lived in Kings Landing, and even though they might have disliked each other, there was no indication one would kill the other. After all, they both served the same Lannisters. How would the Mountain always have known that the Hound was coming for him?

It might have just been weird phrasing and maybe the "always" was a hyperbole, but in a show where often every word has a meaning (which you're sometimes not aware of till seasons later), I felt like something was off.

Mau mau

Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:25 pm

The story will end with Dany and Jon as king and queen. I think that’s completely clear now.
Jon won’t die, he is legitimate Targaryen. What’s the point of that if he won’t be king? And Dany won’t die, because they will have a child together.

GRRM – trope subvertor LOL

He was lying about the nature of this story for 20+ years because he killed Ned Stark and his fans bought his BS. I’m sure many won’t believe next season that that was his ending and they will blame D&D as usual.

• Information