So what are our views on these alleged leaks for season 8?

WotW Spoiler Town, with extensive House of the Dragon and Game of Thrones Spoilers including major leaks, filming spoilers, photos and all. Consider yourself warned!
BeardedOnion

Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:17 am

Bunch of shite.

I knew as soon as Euron "takes storm's end" despite it being under Lannister control since season 2 that it was a bunch of shite.

Bran, the " key to the war" wargs a dragon for a moment then dies in episode 2, along with Meera who's meant to be "out of the series?"

The cast splits up and Sansa and co go to the fucking EYRIE causing more budget issues due to more unnecessary sets and spliting up the plot more?

The Undead are beat at the Eyrie by what appears to be only the Vale and some Lannister forces..? The Night King's fate is left unknown? Jon has NOTHING to do with their defeat? WTF

Dany dies in childbirth with zero scenes against the undead and who does fuck all in the final act? LOL

Arya SPLITS FROM HER FAMILY to go with the Hound, to kill Cersei, because Jack-in-a-car told her to despite her failing her training? AND SHE AGREES? LMAO

Theon gains control of Pyke... somehow.. then dies. lol?

Jaime has no more scenes with Cersei despite their fates being tied, despite the prophecy, in favour of making Arya look cool? ROFL!

JON BEING BLOWN UP IN THE DRAGONPIT AFTER BEING KING FOR A DAY, WHO ALSO APPARENTLY DOES NEXT TO NOTHING LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL HAHAHAHAHA

Sorry. The validity of these leaks aren't up for debate, not remotely. Not when the cast haven't even been handed them, let alone the crew.

trarecar

Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:38 am

Something is going to blow up in KL, I believe that. Too many instances of folks talking about the wildfyre. I don't think the Sept was the one and done. I think Jamie will kill Cersei over using the wildfyre. They'll shown us the throne room in Dany's vision. I think a direct hit from either wildfire or dragon fire would melt the throne, so it's used elsewhere. (Or it could just simply be Drogon, who knows? :lol: )

I'd love to see the Eyrie but Sansa's already talked about folks having to come to Winterfell for shelter. I think they'll have plenty of emotional drama at Winterfell to have to worry about adding another location.

I do think it's likely that Ayra will leave Winterfell with The Hound. She probably will go with the intention to kill Cersei. But she won't be the one to do it. The Mountain is on her list, too, you know. Maybe she can The Hound will fight him together. *geeks out* (She will definitely kill Melisandre, tho, and maybe Varys, too)

I want to say Theon gains control of Pyke, but I just don't see it, man. My money is on Yara.

Brienne and Jamie. :lol: :lol: :lol: Come on. Like, no. Just no. Jamie will not love anyone but Cersei, even despite himself at some point. She will be the death of him. Poor Jamie.

ghost of winterfell

Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:21 am

It's fake. Say what you will of D&D' s writing, there is 0% chance that they would write a scene which involves peole throwing feces at Dany's body. That's not gonna happen. Not to mention all the other unlikely things as mentioned by BeardedOnion

Besides, didn't Sue confirm that the S8 leaks floating around are fake?

Icewalker

Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:39 pm

It was probably written by a Euron fanboy. There is no way he is the "final boss" on the biggest show on Television. The actor playing him neither has the charisma nor the mystique for a great villain. Even Joffrey's corpse has more aura than him.

And there is no way Dany's last season will be about her giving birth. I'm positive that she will most likely die but the "leaks" are nonsensical. Same with Bran.

With all that said, I wouldn't be surprised if it was the genuine script.

BeardedOnion

Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:56 pm

Also I gotta admit, Varys turning out to be Azor Ahai made me laugh out loud. Like him shoving Hearts Bane into Dany looks funny as shit in my head.

Also lol, the dude who wrote it forgot that Mel is meant to meet Arya again and die.

Jack Bauer 24

Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:48 pm

Haven't read them, but someone on Twitter said that S8 will have time jumps. Is that in this leak?

Violator

Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:03 pm

Hypothetically, if the leaks are true, how much of what happens in the last season will probably happen in the books too?

anna1226

Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:15 pm

Violator wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:20 am
I want to make sure that the reasons I'm cynical about this leak have nothing to do with me just not likeing what I'm reading.

That being said, there are a few things that don't seem 'right' to me.

1. Brienne and Jamie becoming romantically involved. I don't even think people who ship these two actually take themselves seriously and that's not because these two couldn't get together, but because the story has never indicated they would. Their relationship is about fraternal love and respect fr one another - a bond built of shared understanding.

2. Dany dying is child birth. It's not impossible this could happen but it seems suspiciously too similar to Lyanna's death and that leads me to think someone has been influenced by it.

3. The explosion at the Dragonpit. This seems to mirror the destruction of the Sept of Baelor far too much, but then again, I wouldn't put it past the show.

4. Cersei being effectively a passive character for the entire season. If nothing else, season 7 has shown us that the writers want her to be a much more active threat than she turns out to be in these 'leaks'.

5. Arya killing Cersei. It's reasonably inventive, the way it's being told. However, it doesn't fit the Valanquar prophecy one bit. What, are we supposed to interpret to interpret it as 'Arya is sort of a little brother 'cause she's a tom boy'? That sounds very weak.

I'll have a think about some more.
5. Arya killing Cersei.... what if she is wearing the face of Jamie or Tyrion? Prophecy says she'll be replaced by a better queen, so Dany would need to survive.

Violator

Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:07 pm

anna1226 wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:15 pm
Violator wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:20 am
I want to make sure that the reasons I'm cynical about this leak have nothing to do with me just not likeing what I'm reading.

That being said, there are a few things that don't seem 'right' to me.

1. Brienne and Jamie becoming romantically involved. I don't even think people who ship these two actually take themselves seriously and that's not because these two couldn't get together, but because the story has never indicated they would. Their relationship is about fraternal love and respect fr one another - a bond built of shared understanding.

2. Dany dying is child birth. It's not impossible this could happen but it seems suspiciously too similar to Lyanna's death and that leads me to think someone has been influenced by it.

3. The explosion at the Dragonpit. This seems to mirror the destruction of the Sept of Baelor far too much, but then again, I wouldn't put it past the show.

4. Cersei being effectively a passive character for the entire season. If nothing else, season 7 has shown us that the writers want her to be a much more active threat than she turns out to be in these 'leaks'.

5. Arya killing Cersei. It's reasonably inventive, the way it's being told. However, it doesn't fit the Valanquar prophecy one bit. What, are we supposed to interpret to interpret it as 'Arya is sort of a little brother 'cause she's a tom boy'? That sounds very weak.

I'll have a think about some more.
5. Arya killing Cersei.... what if she is wearing the face of Jamie or Tyrion? Prophecy says she'll be replaced by a better queen, so Dany would need to survive.
Not if the younger and more beautiful queen who replaces her is Lyanna Targaryen.

Hursta1

Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:58 am

So I read them a couple times and they really do sound plausible. As the Dany Mark it bothers me to see her reduced to a brood mare there to incubate Jon's baby. That's also the most predictable ending ever. The two heroes die but their kid lives to rule the world and make it into what they wanted. Except that the kid never met the parents and have no idea about what her parents wanted. Tyrion sure didn't understand the kids mother and now he is in charge and going to raise Dany and Jons daughter? But the absolute worst part is that this ending completely subverts the central theme of the show that the "game of thrones" didn't really matter, that the AotD and WW were the real true threat. Here the Night King is defeated off screen by some unknown Vale red shirt and Cersei and Euron turn out to be the "real" threat. In this scenario Dany would have been 100% justified in first defeating Cersei and then turning her attention north. The NK wasn't crossing without a dragon. We now know that's what was waiting for. So he wasn't the immediate threat that Jon, Davos, and Bran made him out to be and if these are to be believed wasn't as big a threat as Euron Cersei and the GC. If they end it like this I won't watch. And it wont be because my Queen is desecrated after fulfilling her purpose of being Jon's baby momma. It will be because of them abandoning the idea that there are consequences for our actions and that winter is coming. See in this ending only the heroes are punished while Cersei and Euron can underestimate the dead without any consequences. This ending will ruin the show and tarnish D&Ds reputation. But maybe if they put such nonsense to screen maybe it would motivate GRRM to finish the books and give us the ending we deserve where many people die on both sides and the dead are the real threat and not just a plot device used to weaken our heroes so then can be defeated by Cersei and Euron.

• Information