S7 disappointment?

WotW Spoiler Town, with extensive House of the Dragon and Game of Thrones Spoilers including major leaks, filming spoilers, photos and all. Consider yourself warned!
ICH_GoT

Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:09 pm

Jack Bauer 24 wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:20 pm
I love Seasons 1-6. I love all of it. Even Dorne. But this season has just really not sat well with me. Anyone else feel the same?
I actually LOVE S5, S6, and S7.

Pigeon

Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:23 pm

Jack Bauer 24 wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:20 pm
I love Seasons 1-6. I love all of it. Even Dorne. But this season has just really not sat well with me. Anyone else feel the same?
Nope.

Stormborn

Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:53 pm

Yes I feel the same but as others have pointed out it's not over yet.

I think the matter rests with this pacing issue. In an effort to simulate something hurtling towards a climax, they've cut too much narrative. The show feels a bit shallow, to many things glossed over. I appreciate D&D's POV that there's not much story left to tell but I don't think they found the right balance. They didn't need to invent more plots but they did need to spend a bit more time on the story they did write.

Cutting non-essential scenes like travelling to just arrivals and departures is fine but things like the scenes between Bronn and Tyrion in KL were cut. A few more of these and an extra episode or two would've been better, especially for the Dany and Jon story line. The romance feels too contrived and that's not good as I'm not hooked wanting to see what happens next.

Hursta1

Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:20 am

Jack Bauer 24 wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:16 pm
BeardedOnion wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:15 pm
Jack Bauer 24 wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:11 pm

Why should I care about WF sister squabble when NK just got a dragon?
You're not meant to. It contrasts how petty some fights are in the light of the real one.
And why did Bran squash this 2 episodes ago? They have no idea what to do with Bran
Why didn't Bran tell them "don't take the dragons north of the wall"? You could ask these kinds of questions until you're blue in the face but the answer is exactly the same no matter what you ask. They are there to build drama and suspense. It's that simple.

Bran the Muffin

Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:27 pm

I found season seven very satisfying. I started this journey as a book reader, and I do appreciate the depth and detail of GRRM's novels. That being said, I have my doubts if he'll finish this story. He seems to have lost his love for his creation, and my enjoyment as decreased from each subsequent novel after A Storm of Swords.

Dance was a struggle, and I fear Winds will be virtually unreadable. It's been 20 years since GOT. I'm ready to see how this plays out, and I've been very happy with the adaptation.

• Information