s07e01 - Dragonstone

Home of Spoiler-Free Unsullied Discussion!
QueenofThrones

Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:28 pm

I've started this thread for discussing the episodes (please delete if an "official" thread gets made). Rules for the forum reposted below!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome to the Game of Thrones Spoiler-Free Forum, home of the Unsullied!

This forum is intended for fans who love to view Game of Thrones with as few spoilers as possible. So with that aim in mind, a few basic guidelines!

1. No ASOIAF book discussion is allowed here! None at all, no matter how harmless you think it is. Leave it at the door.

2. No spoilers or information of any kind from the filming of Game of Thrones season 7 (or the most current season). This includes any kind of leak that might appear anywhere online.

3. Speculation is not a spoiler. If you're not spoiled, feel free to speculate all you like. Please do!

4. Fans have different opinions on this matter occasionally, but trailers and official promo material such as HBO-released photos are not generally considered spoilers. However, in the interest of respecting your fellow fans, it's probably best to start a new post if new season photos or videos come in so that fans can choose to avoid that material if they want to. Simply label your threads clearly so everyone knows what they're getting!

5. Have fun and be good to each other!

Dead Dane Walking

Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:23 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDwijQd-g-4
“I’ve heard she beat The Hound in single combat”
Just watched S7E1 “Dragonstone” again-again…again :P Right after the Brienne/Pod training scene in the courtyard, Littlefinger says the following to Sansa: “I’ve heard she beat the Hound in single combat”...(At 00:32 in the clip above). Question:
How the heck does LF know about this fight and it’s outcome?? The only characters with this knowledge are Brienne, The Hound, Arya, Podrick and to some extend, Septon Ray (possibly Septon Ray’s congregation, although I doubt the Hound would’ve shared the information about this defeat with them). Who is the source of his knowledge?

* BRIENNE – highly unlikely, as I can’t imagine her leasurely having conversations with LF (whom she despise so much) “off camera” at Winterfell, and before that, they haven’t met each other since S5E2 at the inn.

* THE HOUND – impossible, as LF hasn’t met him since I can’t even remember, and certainly not anytime after the fight (or met anyone The Hound has been around since then).

* ARYA – impossible for the same reason, as they haven’t been anywhere near each other since Harrenhal in S2E6.

* PODRICK – hmm…possible. He is a bit gullible 😉 and could at some point have told LF about it at Winterfell. On the other hand – he knows LF from way back at KL and has learned a lot from Tyrion and Brienne since. He is also highly aware of Brienne’s distrust towards LF and has supported Brienne in this all along.

* SEPTON RAY (and his congregation) – impossible. In S6E7 The Hound did tell Ray, that he lost to a woman, and we don’t know, if he later told him which woman, BUT…Valar Morghulis, so bye-bye Ray and followers... R.I.P.

Is Podrick really the good-hearted Podrick Payne, we think he is? He may appear to be a simple-minded squire, BUT come to think of it now, he has sometimes been a lot smarter and way more knowledgeable, than he lets people think. Could LF have gotten to him? Maybe that’s the unknown reason, Pod didn’t have to pay anything for all the prostitutes Tyrion and Bronn gave him? :lol: :lol: Or is there a simple reason for LF’s knowledge about the fight, that I have just missed? Let me hear your thoughts… No spoilers, please!

Grandmaester Flash

Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:31 am

Most likely Podrick. But LF needn't have heard it directly from Pod, nor does he necessarily know the exact circumstances. Pod might well have mentioned it in conversation with people at Winterfell. Word gets round. People pass things on, and others overhear.

Raeslewolhn

Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:20 pm

Grandmaester Flash wrote:
Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:31 am
Most likely Podrick. But LF needn't have heard it directly from Pod, nor does he necessarily know the exact circumstances. Pod might well have mentioned it in conversation with people at Winterfell. Word gets round. People pass things on, and others overhear.
This. Pod spread the word at WF

• Information