Wight animated by fire

Discussion of the first 5 books in George RR Martin's ASOIAF series
Chilli

Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:44 am

Quote from interview Time with GRRM http://time.com/4791258/game-of-thrones ... interview/ :
"And poor Beric Dondarrion, who was set up as the foreshadowing of all this, every time he’s a little less Beric. His memories are fading, he’s got all these scars, he’s becoming more and more physically hideous, because he’s not a living human being anymore. His heart isn’t beating, his blood isn’t flowing in his veins, he’s a wight, but a wight animated by fire instead of by ice, now we’re getting back to the whole fire and ice thing."

I didn't realise Beric was a wight. I thought he was still alive minus some physical problems. Does that mean Jon is also a wight by fire? In the show I think he certainly is alive.

Flayed Potatoes

Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:28 pm

Chilli wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:44 am
Quote from interview Time with GRRM http://time.com/4791258/game-of-thrones ... interview/ :
"And poor Beric Dondarrion, who was set up as the foreshadowing of all this, every time he’s a little less Beric. His memories are fading, he’s got all these scars, he’s becoming more and more physically hideous, because he’s not a living human being anymore. His heart isn’t beating, his blood isn’t flowing in his veins, he’s a wight, but a wight animated by fire instead of by ice, now we’re getting back to the whole fire and ice thing."

I didn't realise Beric was a wight. I thought he was still alive minus some physical problems. Does that mean Jon is also a wight by fire? In the show I think he certainly is alive.
He's definitely functioning well in the show. The main difference between book Jon and book Beric is that Jon is a warg. So warging in Ghost might actually preserve him.

Everyone is freaking out over this quote on reddit. I don't know what to say.

What are all your thoughts?

• Information