Episode 2 Preview/Sea battle from trailers

Jack Bauer 24

Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:04 pm

So the sea battle takes place at night as can be seen in the trailers. In the episode 2 preview, we see Euron sailing at night but Yara advising Dany to attack KL and it's day time. We also see a clip of Tyene fighting on a ship at night. So does Dany take Yara's advice and send a fleet to KL and they get intercepted by Euron at night?

QueenofThrones

Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:40 am

Jack Bauer 24 wrote:
So the sea battle takes place at night as can be seen in the trailers. In the episode 2 preview, we see Euron sailing at night but Yara advising Dany to attack KL and it's day time. We also see a clip of Tyene fighting on a ship at night. So does Dany take Yara's advice and send a fleet to KL and they get intercepted by Euron at night?
Good eye. I coulnd't figure out who that was fighting - it's one of the SS? I suppose that maybe could be who Euron sends the head of to Cersei as a gift.

I suspect by having Yara say "lets' attack KL" in the preview, that means it won't be their decision to go there first. Instead they'll attack the Lannister's home (Casterly Rock)? Or perhaps meet up with the Tyrell or Dornish forces somewhere...? Which is super risky, since then they have to sail all the way around Westeros... plenty of time for Euron's fleet to intercept. But they probably doubt Euron has a big enough fleet yet so maybe hope to still have the element of surprise, plus Dany could join the Fray with Drogon which is a massive threat to any armada (Unless Euron built his ships with some sort of crazy magic fireproofing...?).

Whoever the "visitor" is may make a difference in their plans as well. Maybe Dany will need to stay for some reason.... which lets Euron more easily win the sea battle.

Meanwhile, what will Cersei do with her land force? Send them to attack somewhere? Defend? Maybe try to meet up with Randyll Tarly / offer him the Lordship of the Stormlands or Reach if he supports her claim?

Combat Boots

Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:35 am

Its got to be the 2 Iron Born fleets slugging it out

Jack Bauer 24

Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:26 am

QueenofThrones wrote:
Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:40 am
Jack Bauer 24 wrote:
Good eye. I coulnd't figure out who that was fighting - it's one of the SS? I suppose that maybe could be who Euron sends the head of to Cersei as a gift.

I suspect by having Yara say "lets' attack KL" in the preview, that means it won't be their decision to go there first. Instead they'll attack the Lannister's home (Casterly Rock)? Or perhaps meet up with the Tyrell or Dornish forces somewhere...? Which is super risky, since then they have to sail all the way around Westeros... plenty of time for Euron's fleet to intercept. But they probably doubt Euron has a big enough fleet yet so maybe hope to still have the element of surprise, plus Dany could join the Fray with Drogon which is a massive threat to any armada (Unless Euron built his ships with some sort of crazy magic fireproofing...?).

Whoever the "visitor" is may make a difference in their plans as well. Maybe Dany will need to stay for some reason.... which lets Euron more easily win the sea battle.

Meanwhile, what will Cersei do with her land force? Send them to attack somewhere? Defend? Maybe try to meet up with Randyll Tarly / offer him the Lordship of the Stormlands or Reach if he supports her claim?
Aren't the Tyrell and Dorne fleets already with Dany? I remember seeing their banners on some of the ships sailing with Dany in the S6 finale.

QueenofThrones

Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:51 am

Jack Bauer 24 wrote:
Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:26 am

Aren't the Tyrell and Dorne fleets already with Dany? I remember seeing their banners on some of the ships sailing with Dany in the S6 finale.
Some ships were there and are now at Dragonstone, yes. I seriously doubt that the entire Tyrell/Dornish armies actually went to Meereen. That would be a pointless waste of resources. More likely it was just the leaders (Ollena, Ellaria, SS) plus an honor guard for each who went to Meereen with Varys to offer Dany their allegiance.

• Information