Chaos is a ladder...

Raeslewolhn

Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:14 pm

Lluid wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:32 pm
Dgskdive wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:55 am
Has he already seen LF's death? Its hard to know what Bran knows at this point. I was under the impression that Bran could only see what was near the Weirwood trees.
Based on what he said in S07E03, Bran "can see everthing that's hever happened to everyone, everything that's happening right now". So he probably can't see the future, but he can see anything even far from Weirwood trees. It's probably different in the books.
We share the same impression that Bran doesn't know yet how dangerous LF can be. And that's good because it makes Bran and his sisters vulnerable still. Else that wouldn't be interesting.

About LF's plan, it's hard to see what he could do. Maybe he could find some info in the copies of old raven messages and use it to his advantage ? I'm betting that he'll invite Robin in Winterfell and convince him that he must marry a Stark girl. Without precising whom, because such a choice could bring chaos in the "wolf pack". It doesn't seem diabolic enough though.
(sorry if the use of "whom" above is incorrect, I really can't tell)
Robin marries whom. Who marries Robin. Robin and who get married. You're good. Whom is the object, not subject, who acts, whom is acted upon or with. Of whom do you speak? Who spoke?

Grandmaester Flash

Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:52 pm

The use of "whom" had almost died out of informal English. (The language doesn't have many case variations.)
But very recently "whom" and "whomever" have enjoyed a massive revival; I have no idea why.
Sadly they are often wrongly used. I think we were better off without them.

Not Littlefinger

Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:06 pm

Grandmaester Flash wrote:
Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:52 pm
The use of "whom" had almost died out of informal English. (The language doesn't have many case variations.)
But very recently "whom" and "whomever" have enjoyed a massive revival; I have no idea why.
Sadly they are often wrongly used. I think we were better off without them.
I hope they don't go back out. I reinforce my superiority around others by correcting their grammar. Yes, really.

Dgskdive

Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:01 pm

Raeslewolhn wrote:
Lluid wrote:
Dgskdive wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:55 am
Has he already seen LF's death? Its hard to know what Bran knows at this point. I was under the impression that Bran could only see what was near the Weirwood trees.
Based on what he said in S07E03, Bran "can see everthing that's hever happened to everyone, everything that's happening right now". So he probably can't see the future, but he can see anything even far from Weirwood trees. It's probably different in the books.
We share the same impression that Bran doesn't know yet how dangerous LF can be. And that's good because it makes Bran and his sisters vulnerable still. Else that wouldn't be interesting.

About LF's plan, it's hard to see what he could do. Maybe he could find some info in the copies of old raven messages and use it to his advantage ? I'm betting that he'll invite Robin in Winterfell and convince him that he must marry a Stark girl. Without precising whom, because such a choice could bring chaos in the "wolf pack". It doesn't seem diabolic enough though.
Robin marries whom. Who marries Robin. Robin and who get married. You're good. Whom is the object, not subject, who acts, whom is acted upon or with. Of whom do you speak? Who spoke?
Not sure that Little Finger is any position to even propose a marriage for Robin and Sansa, or Arya for that matter. Last time he arranged something for a Stark, it did not go well. He almost pushed it too far when he told Jon he loved her.

Raeslewolhn

Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:18 am

Dgskdive wrote:
Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:01 pm
Raeslewolhn wrote:
Lluid wrote:

Not sure that Little Finger is any position to even propose a marriage for Robin and Sansa, or Arya for that matter. Last time he arranged something for a Stark, it did not go well. He almost pushed it too far when he told Jon he loved her.
While I believe this was part of him playing the game, telling Jon, and he's got a few more tricks up his sleeve, I don't think this is how it will go. It's not realistic. He wants Robyn to be his for as long as possible anyway.

• Information