Is Jaime dead?

evenwind

Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:11 pm

While we wait to find out...

As far as his character arc, it could easily end here. He knows he's on the side of the crazies but can't help himself because of his love for his sister. So he's at an impasse. His death might be more important to the story than his continuing on doing the same things.

Anyhow, I see these possibilities:

First, and not very likely, he drowns but his body is not recovered, leaving unanswered questions.
Next, and probably most likely, they'll be a scene where he's lying on the bank of the river. Somebody comes along and either says "I feel a pulse!" or "He's dead, Jim!" and the story goes on from there.
Or, he's lying dead on the side of the river but comes back to life on his own, ranting about how the Drowned God saved him. Which also very unlikely but I think would be pretty cool.

Whatcha think?

K-wilding

Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:22 pm

I think he's alive. Bronn didn't have on armor (I believe) and he will help him remove his armor and get back to the surface. My guess. Although he is going to owe Bronn more than a castle. I think there would be more fanfare and interviews if he was truely done. I don't think they would wait another week for closure.

I would like for him to be dead... As much as I do like Jamie and would like him to be the one who finally kills his sister, I think it would be incredible to watch Cersei sink even deeper into her madness after hearing her beloved brother also died. Mad Queen indeed.

Dgskdive

Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:02 am

I think he is still alive and will be taken prisoner. At least in my mind Jamie is too important to die off screen. He or Bronn will get his armor off and he will survive. What happens after he is taken prisoner is the question on my mind. Will Tyrion do something to effect his relationship with Dany? Tyrion owes his life to Jamie but Jamie will probably still be angry with Tyrion for killing their father. Or, will Olenna's confession somehow soften Jamie to the fact that Tyrion killed Stannis? I really am looking forward to a resolution between the two brothers and which one will actually kill Cerci.

Grandmaester Flash

Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:36 am

Don't forget it was Jaime who killed the Mad King. His daughter might be interested in meeting him.

evenwind

Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:25 am

For me this would be a no-brainer - of course Jaime isn't dead. Except, according to Nikolaj, "The actors were told, 'One of our main characters is about to die'”. And I don't know if Bronn rates as a "main character". Could be Randyll Tarly, I guess. Or Noah Syndergaard or maybe Dorthaki With Two Swords. Or could be they're trolling everybody.

edit: Just had another thought - What if the main character that dies is Drogon?

• Information