Braavos

shah2017

Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:20 am

I have not read the books so there might be an answer already so excuse my ignorance. Braavos is the free city and I assume they have their own army. What is stopping Cersie or other Houses from sacking the city and taking over the Iron Bank?

evenwind

Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:50 am

Whether or not Braavos has a standing army, they've got a lot of money and Essos has a lot of mercenaries. There's a nasty rock protecting the entrace of the harbor called the "Arsenal" that is full of fortifications and warships. Also, Braavos is home to the Faceless Men (who founded the city and are probably connected to the Bank, anyhow), so think "regime change" among their enemies. Besides, anybody from Westeros would have long supply lines, very suspectable to interruption by the Braavosi fleet.

shah2017

Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:00 pm

evenwind wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:50 am
Whether or not Braavos has a standing army, they've got a lot of money and Essos has a lot of mercenaries. There's a nasty rock protecting the entrace of the harbor called the "Arsenal" that is full of fortifications and warships. Also, Braavos is home to the Faceless Men (who founded the city and are probably connected to the Bank, anyhow), so think "regime change" among their enemies. Besides, anybody from Westeros would have long supply lines, very suspectable to interruption by the Braavosi fleet.
Thanks.

• Information