Magic at the Wall

Dee Stark

Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:09 am

Guys, I am getting confused. Few questions I need answered:

Is there magic at the Wall that keeps the White Walkers out?

if YES: Why is everyone worried about the White Walkers then???

if YES: Did Bran crossing the Wall eliminate that? If so, why did we see the NK and his Army just waiting at Eastwatch? Why didn't they just cross?

if YES: Can they destroy the Wall? If so, why haven't they already

if NO: Why haven't the White Walkers crossed yet?

Chilli

Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:38 am

Yes the magic at the wall keeps the white walkers out. But I too am wondering about the rest.

Dee Stark

Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:41 am

Chilli wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:38 am
Yes the magic at the wall keeps the white walkers out. But I too am wondering about the rest.
Hopefully someone helps us out :lol: :D

Lluid

Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:37 pm

I think the white walkers were only waiting for winter to be colder so that they can go south, but now (in Bran's vision) they're definitely on the march.

Why is Jon (and others) worried about them ? Honestly he has no reason to think so, so we have to guess that he "senses" it. After all the look the Night King gave him at Hardhome was quite menacing.

The wall is a magical barrier indeed, but I think the Night King will need more than a psycho-link with Bran to cross it. Hopefully he'll use some magic spell, revealing at the same time what he really wants.

evenwind

Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:48 pm

The Wall was built at the end of the Long Night by Bran the Builder to keep the WW out of southern Westeros - supposedly. It's all myth, not history. I'm one of those who believe that the Wall was built by the WW to stem the northern invasion of First Men. If the WW did build it, then they can bring it down whenever they want and whole story shifts.

It comes down to whether the WW are in the story as a mysterious, mindless, evil force or whether they have there own (reasonable) motivations - as I believe GRRM has hinted.

Dee Stark

Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:20 pm

Interesting! Thanks all:)

• Information