GoT General Discussion Guidelines

SueTheFury

Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:25 pm

Welcome to our General Discussion Forum! This is the main place to be for all you fans. You can chat about most anything related to Game of Thrones.

We do also have a forum for the Unsullied (the Spoiler-Free Talk area) and a forum for those who want to go hog-wild with spoiler discussion and leak talk without using spoiler-coding called Quarantine. Do not mix them up!

This forum is the middle-ground, comparable to the comments section on most Watchers on the Wall posts.

Here are a few guidelines for the General Discussion forum:

1. We do ask that you cover spoilers that have not aired yet on HBO with spoiler coding. Once the episode has aired on HBO, Sunday nights at 9PM Eastern US Time, you can post about the episode openly.

2. How do you cover spoilers? Easy as pie on the forums- you just use this button: Image Click that button on the bar above the writing area when you're composing your post, and place your spoiler info in between the coding! When you Preview your post, you'll see that it works!

3. Follow the standard Watchers on the Wall rules of civility, as laid out in our FAQ.

4. If we think of anything else, we'll let you know!

Thank you all for joining us!

Sue the Fury

QueenofThrones

Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:53 pm

Hi Sue. Thanks for the forum! :D If something is long past much chance of happening in the books, is it OK to discuss w/o spoiler coding here (LSH for example, or discussion about Sansa taking the place of Jeyne Poole)? Should I use spoiler coding still, or is that fair game? I am also wondering, what is the policy about interviews, behind the scenes, Bluray extras etc? I would like to be able to freely discuss any information released officially by HBO (photos, previews, BtS etc) as well as speculative interviews with cast and crew while still knowing I'll be (relatively) safe from leaks...

Aryamad

Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:01 pm

Ah yes, a new place to lurk the discussions... excellent. 8-)

Steel_Wind

Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:07 pm

I guess time will tell is these are used more than quick anonymous web comments.

(Probably not - but it can't hurt)

Dan Stark

Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:10 pm

So glad the forum is back. Valar Morghulis.

Dee Stark

Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:18 pm

This is exciting! Ive never used the forums...

The Wolves of Winter

Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:29 pm

Awesome! :D

No One

Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:48 pm

Cant wait to discuss the new season!!! 20 more days!

Valyrian Vlinder

Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:54 pm

Really glad to have a shiny new forum to enjoy for the new season! :D

Ginevra

Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:58 pm

Thanks, Sue! I'm so glad there are three areas because those of us in the middle - book sullied but not Season 7 sullied - will really appreciate it.

Dee, you have a different avatar? Is everyone doing different avatars?

• Information