S7 finale deleted scene

Jack Bauer 24

Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:12 am

Deleted scene from the finale. Sansa going to Bran for help. Wow can’t believe they cut this. Would have added so much context and clarity.

http://ign.com/articles/2017/08/29/game ... -and-sansa

onefromaway

Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:17 pm

Well, well, well. As another reviewer (I think it was Ozzy Man) pointed out, this season increased the importance of "off screen" scenes. Based on what Issac is saying in this and other interviews (or summaries of the same interview) the "I need your help" scene must have happened after the scene with LF and his "worst case" speech. I guess.... And the info that Bran wouldn't have let the animosity between his sisters go too far!? He let it go pretty far, but if he knew Sansa would eventually come to him, I guess that is why he waited. Well, it is all interesting!

While it would have helped to understand what was going on if they included that scene, it would have lessened the impact of the moment Sansa turns on LF, which was a pretty good moment! After LF's death, they could have added a line or two between Arya and Sansa outside to indicate that LF had them going at each other and they won't let someone pit them against each other again. But I suppose what they did say is enough, it is clear they have a truce and are putting the pack first.

The other "off screen" scene Ozzy pointed out was the Cersei/Tyrion one in the finale. It ends but we know they are still in the room and talking after the cut. Just like in the Godswood with Bran, Arya, and Sansa, the scene ends but they could have kept on talking.

evenwind

Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:58 pm

I'm kinda glad they left the scene out. I think it would lessen Sansa. Without the scene, we have to assume Sansa figured out how to get the best of LF on her own - or maybe with some sisterly help. With the scene in, Sansa basically did a Google search on "Littlefinger plots".

Jack Bauer 24

Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:35 pm

evenwind wrote:
I'm kinda glad they left the scene out. I think it would lessen Sansa. Without the scene, we have to assume Sansa figured out how to get the best of LF on her own - or maybe with some sisterly help. With the scene in, Sansa basically did a Google search on "Littlefinger plots".
Without the scene it is still suggested that the Bran scene happened off screen, so Sansa still didn't figure it out on her own.

evenwind

Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:48 pm

Jack Bauer 24 wrote:

Without the scene it is still suggested that the Bran scene happened off screen, so Sansa still didn't figure it out on her own.
It's obvious that some sort of Bran scene happened but not the particulars. It could have been Sansa going to Bran for dirt on Arya so she'd have reason to execute her and Bran turning Sansa around. Or, it could have been Sansa looking for the last couple of nails to seal Littlefinger's doom. Or a general convo on what Sansa should do about the complexities of her situation. Or any other variation. I'm taking the removal of the scene to mean that the contents were reconsidered by the show runners, not that they ran out of running time for the episode.

Meg22

Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:52 pm

Jack Bauer 24 wrote:
evenwind wrote:
I don't think it diminishes Sansa. She still worked out that Littlefinger could be playing them and then went to Bran for confirmation. Without Sansa's suspicions, she wouldn't have gone to Bran. I assume she went from there to Arya and had a plain talk with her.

• Information