Jon's big reveal

Violator

Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:23 pm

I think the big question is, what happens when Dany and Jon find out? Let's take into account that Dany is almost certainly going to end up pregnant.

There are only a few possible ways this could go, although the writers will flesh them out in their own ways.

1. Dany and Jon will end up estranged but both will live.

2. Dany and Jon will end up estranged and both will die separately.

3. Dany and Jon will reconcile and live happily ever after together.

4. Dany and Jon will reconcile and die together or separately.

So what do we think. The only one which I think is unlikely is 3. My personal preference is for 4.

I'm not a fan of either 1 or 2 because it seems to suggest that there is simply no possibility of a relationship enduring after the revelation is made public. I'm not sure I would buy that being Martin's take on things, but we'll see.

The child does sort of complicate things because Dany would want it more than anything and Jon would never abandon his child to be raised as a bastard.

In some ways, the prospect of a child almost ensures that after the personal and political challenges that come with their union, they might overcome these because of the shared love for the baby they've created together.

Grandmaester Flash

Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:13 am

What if the Night King steals the baby and turns it into a Night Prince? Image

Tensor the Mage

Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:10 am

As a wise man once said, this show is at it's best when two or three characters have an in-depth conversation. Jon's Big Reveal provides a perfect reason for multiple such conversations, and I hope the writers make the most of these delightful opportunities.

Dornish Gourmand

Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:17 am

Violator wrote:
Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:23 pm
I think the big question is, what happens when Dany and Jon find out? Let's take into account that Dany is almost certainly going to end up pregnant.

There are only a few possible ways this could go, although the writers will flesh them out in their own ways.

1. Dany and Jon will end up estranged but both will live.

2. Dany and Jon will end up estranged and both will die separately.

3. Dany and Jon will reconcile and live happily ever after together.

4. Dany and Jon will reconcile and die together or separately.

So what do we think. The only one which I think is unlikely is 3. My personal preference is for 4.

I'm not a fan of either 1 or 2 because it seems to suggest that there is simply no possibility of a relationship enduring after the revelation is made public. I'm not sure I would buy that being Martin's take on things, but we'll see.

The child does sort of complicate things because Dany would want it more than anything and Jon would never abandon his child to be raised as a bastard.

In some ways, the prospect of a child almost ensures that after the personal and political challenges that come with their union, they might overcome these because of the shared love for the baby they've created together.
It would certainly be bittersweet if Jon died and the child had to grow up --not necessarily a bastard-- but nonetheless without a living father.

• Information