Dracarys!

evenwind

Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:59 pm

Okay, something else I bet we never find out: How does Dany control her dragons? She couldn't at first - Drogon flew off with her. So how does she do it? Telepathy? If so, there's never been a hint of it. Warging? Ditto. I could buy that while she riding Drogon, she uses the spines she hanging on to as some sort of dual joy sticks - but that would only work for Drogon and only when she's aboard. There's been many times when all the dragons seem to know what she wants, without any explanation at all. If Jon is to become the last dragon rider, he's got to know the secret of controlling Rheagal. I really hope we hear some kind of instuctions passed along by Dany - but I doubt it.

Meg22

Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:52 pm

There's been hints of telepathy. Watch the scene when Drogon rescues Dany from the fighting pit. Dany closes her eyes to concentrate on something. Again when she defeats the masters at Meereen. No closed eyes, a look of concentration of her face. Both times, Drogon appears.

evenwind

Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:29 am

Meg22 wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:52 pm
There's been hints of telepathy. Watch the scene when Drogon rescues Dany from the fighting pit. Dany closes her eyes to concentrate on something. Again when she defeats the masters at Meereen. No closed eyes, a look of concentration of her face. Both times, Drogon appears.
That actually makes me feel a bit better - maybe they'll be some actual instructional dialog if Dany has to tell Jon how to ride a dragon. 'Course, it does make Dany's dramatic "Dracarys!" just that: drama.

• Information