Theories, Wild Theories, & General Lunacy

Ginevra

Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:34 am

QueenofThrones wrote:
Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:16 am
So if it is Dany, do you think she will take Jaime from Cersei? Or that Cersei does not actually hold Jaime "dear"?
Hmm, I don't really know! I definitely see Dany taking Cersei's power, which I believe is the thing that she holds most dear even though some part of her does love Jaime. I don't see Dany taking Jaime as a lover or husband, though stranger things have happened in Westeros. Maybe Dany will kill Jaime. Oops!

QueenofThrones

Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:44 am

Ginevra wrote:
Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:34 am
Hmm, I don't really know! I definitely see Dany taking Cersei's power, which I believe is the thing that she holds most dear even though some part of her does love Jaime. I don't see Dany taking Jaime as a lover or husband, though stranger things have happened in Westeros. Maybe Dany will kill Jaime. Oops!
Secretly, I ship Dany x Jaime *ducks rotten fruit*

Anyway... Drogon could certainly eat the Kingslayer. NCW did say he hoped he'd get eaten by a dragon. People sure like to ask him how his character will die. I love how he answers it differently each time, lol.

Jay Targ

Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:56 am

QueenofThrones wrote:
Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:43 am

Brienne - She is called "Brienne the Beauty" mockingly but if we take the statement metaphorically then Brienne is more beautiful than Cersei in many ways as well as younger, and there would be a nice irony there. Plus Brienne is much more likely than anyone to "take" Jaime from Cersei (meaning his loyalty and affections). But Brienne is not in a position to take from Cersei what she holds most dear - which is power. So I definitely rank her below Dany or Jaime.
I've always liked this interpretation (mostly due to irony) but I would agree that what Cersei holds most dear is her power. So while Jaime could be her source of power going forward, he can be replaced by Qyburn (if he pulls off more magic), the Mountain, or potentially even Euron.
I think my ranking would be similar to yours but I would flip Jaime and Brienne.

QueenofThrones

Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:43 pm

Jay Targ wrote:
Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:56 am
I've always liked this interpretation (mostly due to irony) but I would agree that what Cersei holds most dear is her power. So while Jaime could be her source of power going forward, he can be replaced by Qyburn (if he pulls off more magic), the Mountain, or potentially even Euron.
I think my ranking would be similar to yours but I would flip Jaime and Brienne.
I would so love it if Cersei goes down knowing that Jaime chose Brienne over her / that Brienne could be the one who took what she holds dear.

I guess in the end it probably matters more who Cersei believes the prophecy is about than who it "actually" is about - or even if there is such a person. Thinking the younger queen was Margaery I believe led Cersei to shut off any possibility of alliance with the Tyrells very early which ultimately led to a lot of what's happened to her. Margaery did extend her hand in peace to Cersei at one point and Cersei rejected that.

Jay Targ

Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:22 pm

QueenofThrones wrote:
Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:43 pm
I would so love it if Cersei goes down knowing that Jaime chose Brienne over her / that Brienne could be the one who took what she holds dear.
Lol yeah. I'd also like to see the look on her face when she finds out that her other brother chose to align himself with another potential "younger, more beautiful queen" (I don't believe she knows yet?).
Cersei has a serious problem of turning natural allies into enemies.

Dornish Gourmand

Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:51 am

As theories go, there are so many I'm interested in…Who is Quaithe? Does Patchface (and for that matter Greenseers et al.) really have prophetic abilities and if so from where are they derived and to what purpose? What brought magic back into the world (a kind of chicken vs. the egg with Dany and her dragons) ? What is Howland Reed up to? What is the deal with the HoB&W? etc., etc.

But mostly, I'm interested in learning about the Great Other and R'hllor, their motivations, their end goals, etc.

I often wonder if in the end neither is necessarily good nor evil but both are simply opposing forces interlocked in an eternal struggle in which balance will be destroyed if one or the other becomes too powerful. As a result both the CotF and humankind got wrapped up in the fight and both harnessed weapons (the Others (ice), the dragons (fire) ) as an immediate solution but unbeknownst of the true consequences.
(Two other sources come to mind as I write this: the HBO series Carnivale and American Gods.)

If Jon, Dany, and Bran are successful in completely destroying the Others, for example, might not the opposite version of the Long Night occur? Say a Long Day with rising temperatures, droughts, famine, dragon like creatures terrorizing the living, etc.?
(I'm also not trying to simplify the matter to some great analogy for climate change…but I think that our players are all caught up in something bigger that they don't quite understand and that there will be unexpected consequences that support GRRM's comments about a "bittersweet ending".)

GeraltOfRivia

Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:46 am

shah2017 wrote:
Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:08 am
I believe Tyrion will die at the end of Season 8 (bitter sweet ending for one of the show's most popular character).

Jon will end up on the Iron throne as Jaehaerys and married to Daenerys.

The Night King will be the the third dragon rider and originally a Targaryen.
I have to disagree with these three.

Tyrion will likely end up being Hand of The Queen or King whet its all said and done. Dying at the age of 80, as he always wanted.

Jon and Dany on the iron throne with Jon named Jaeherys which is most likely not even his name, this is really close to sweet ending and I can't see George or Weiss and Benioff doing that. She'll bear a living child and die to be with Drogo and Rhaego, as we saw in House of the Undying.

Night King is from the times before the Targaryens, like centuries old. Maybe not as aold as Night's King in the books. Not everybody is a secret Targaryen.
Just a guy full of sarcasm, flaws and himself.

Dee Stark

Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:59 am

Dornish Gourmand wrote:
As theories go, there are so many I'm interested in…Who is Quaithe? Does Patchface (and for that matter Greenseers et al.) really have prophetic abilities and if so from where are they derived and to what purpose? What brought magic back into the world (a kind of chicken vs. the egg with Dany and her dragons) ? What is Howland Reed up to? What is the deal with the HoB&W? etc., etc.

But mostly, I'm interested in learning about the Great Other and R'hllor, their motivations, their end goals, etc.

I often wonder if in the end neither is necessarily good nor evil but both are simply opposing forces interlocked in an eternal struggle in which balance will be destroyed if one or the other becomes too powerful. As a result both the CotF and humankind got wrapped up in the fight and both harnessed weapons (the Others (ice), the dragons (fire) ) as an immediate solution but unbeknownst of the true consequences.
(Two other sources come to mind as I write this: the HBO series Carnivale and American Gods.)

If Jon, Dany, and Bran are successful in completely destroying the Others, for example, might not the opposite version of the Long Night occur? Say a Long Day with rising temperatures, droughts, famine, dragon like creatures terrorizing the living, etc.?
(I'm also not trying to simplify the matter to some great analogy for climate change…but I think that our players are all caught up in something bigger that they don't quite understand and that there will be unexpected consequences that support GRRM's comments about a "bittersweet ending".)
Its funny that you mention the what brought magic back into the world?
My sister and I were discussing this yesterday and she was wondering about magic... and if it is the dragons reborn that has strengthened even the magic of the Others... but we ruled that out because the Dragons were born after the WW had come back.
Because the Warlock in the House of the Undying told Dany that theyre magic has been stronger with the dragons around. Is there a relation?

I would also add to my theories about Quaithe. Very curious who she is and if we will see her again (haven't read the books, this only based on the show)

GeraltOfRivia

Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:32 am

Dee Stark wrote:
Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:59 am
Dornish Gourmand wrote:

Its funny that you mention the what brought magic back into the world?
My sister and I were discussing this yesterday and she was wondering about magic... and if it is the dragons reborn that has strengthened even the magic of the Others... but we ruled that out because the Dragons were born after the WW had come back.
Because the Warlock in the House of the Undying told Dany that theyre magic has been stronger with the dragons around. Is there a relation?

I would also add to my theories about Quaithe. Very curious who she is and if we will see her again (haven't read the books, this only based on the show)
I suspect magic is stronger because of dragons as warlock said but the white walkers have been around before that. Also in the books
► Show Spoiler
I think it really might be connected more than we thought.

What I like is that the birth of Dany, Jon, Bran also helped the magic around. If these three are truly Azor Ahai Reborn, Prince that was Promised and The Last Hero. Food for thought 8-)

Quithe is a very interesting character but I don't think we'll see her again. many theories on who she really is from Ashara Dayne, former Red Priestess or a FM. But then again some people think Missandei is a FM.
Last edited by GeraltOfRivia on Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Just a guy full of sarcasm, flaws and himself.

Dee Stark

Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:53 am

Missandei a FM?? hahaha wtf

Yeah I haven't read the books so I don't know much about that. And I know the WW have been around for a thousand years... but what made them come back now... why were they hiding (besides having been defeated by the COF...) Why now?!??! Stronger magic? Or is it because the NK was just poking babies building his army and his Lieutenants and the timing is a coincidence?

• Information