Theories, Wild Theories, & General Lunacy

Ginevra

Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:11 pm

Flayed Potatoes wrote:
Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:14 pm
► Show Spoiler
George was not the first to say that, I think. Of course, this is after George, but I think that's kind of cliche.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjocstM93BA

Flayed Potatoes

Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:20 pm

QueenofThrones wrote:
Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:09 pm
I don't think either of us is saying that she'll be evil the way Joffrey was or Cersei is. What I am saying is that she will be perceived by others to be a villain based on the people she surrounds herself with and some actions she will take (which might have good intentions, but will probably not be perceived this way by everyone). This applies to the books very much, where things are less black and white.

For example, Dany wants to conquer Westeros and wants to do what she sees as good deeds as a queen. However, she is doing this while allied with Dothraki and Ironborn and advised by an exiled slaver and a pretty unpopular Lannister who was convicted of regicide, which is not the best PR. Also, she can have good intentions, but go about some of these intentions in the wrong way, if that makes sense. What works for Slaver's Bay, may not work for Westeros.

Ice Dragon

Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:54 pm

OH MY GOODNESS... how in the HELL am I going to catch up it will take me a week just to read all of the comments.. I will def get back to you Ginevra!!

Ice Dragon

Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:05 pm

I'm surprised and/or I missed it but how is Gendry NOT mentioned in any of these "theories".. I mean he is really a TOP contender for the throne too.... I do not think we have seen the last of him. Dark Sister is in Westeros - I'm certain of that and Im curious as to whom will reveal it's presence. Perhaps Sam's snooping around in the Citadel will prove useful in finding Dark Sister?? Hmmmm Im just guessing here. Ginevra you have always great insight.. I Hope I get to see you at the Con...

Ginevra

Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:25 pm

Ice Dragon wrote:
Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:05 pm
Ginevra you have always great insight.. I Hope I get to see you at the Con...
It was lovely chatting with you tonight, Ice Spider/Dragon! And I really hope you can make this weekend!

Dee Stark

Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:17 am

GeraltOfRivia wrote:
Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:19 pm
Dee Stark wrote:
Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:11 pm
I was talking about the "main" characters....

One can argue Bran as well.
Daenerys. She and Jon are very similar in this, Jon perhaps a bit more selfless. Dragonbringer is not going to like this comment. :D

I love Dany.. so much. But Jon never says things like I will take what is mine and this is my throne blabla... I KNOW he is a bastard and he technically has no right to say that... but it just not who he is .. he doesn't want power.

Dee Stark

Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:20 am

Jay Targ wrote:
Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:30 pm
GeraltOfRivia wrote:
Dee Stark wrote:

Daenerys. She and Jon are very similar in this, Jon perhaps a bit more selfless. Dragonbringer is not going to like this comment. :D
Don't want to answer for Dee but I think what she meant is that Jon is the only one who does this without demonstrating negative/villainous traits.
Daenerys has arguably done the most selfless thing in the series by freeing the slaves (especially post-Astapor) but she has shown a ruthlessness that Jon hasn't shown.
Perfect, thank you :)
Im not a very eloquent writer, some times I don't make sense LOLS

Dee Stark

Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:25 am

Casso wrote:
Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:50 pm

Thanks for the info on the Frey... I forgot about those little details.
And as I said before, i DO NOT think she is a villain or that any of her killings are unjustified.
But I do not see Sansa as a villain (as some have called her) the same way I do not see Arya as one either. Everything Sansa has done, especially last season, was based on protecting herself after what she has been through. And unless you've been through the same, its hard to know what one is thinking.
Not trying to open a can of Sansaworms today, just telling you why I had said those things about Arya.

Ice Dragon

Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:03 pm

Ginevra- it was great catching up with you as well. My sister is def coming down and she said no to going bc she is bringing her son and husband.... ;( UGH

GeraltOfRivia

Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:18 am

Dee Stark wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:17 am
GeraltOfRivia wrote:
Dee Stark wrote:

I love Dany.. so much. But Jon never says things like I will take what is mine and this is my throne blabla... I KNOW he is a bastard and he technically has no right to say that... but it just not who he is .. he doesn't want power.
I was talking about helping others and those who can't defend themselves or are discriminated. I understand your point about Jon being the one of those in power to try to not to see the power unlike others.
Just a guy full of sarcasm, flaws and himself.

• Information