Spot the random GOT actor

Grandmaester Flash

Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:52 am

I'm enjoying 'Sex Education' on Netflix. A gem of a show, funny, touching and with a terrific soundtrack.
Spotted in minor roles:

DeObia Oparei (Areo Hotah)
Samantha Spiro (Melessa Tarly)
Hannah Waddingham (Septa Unella)

Dame of Mercia

Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:47 pm

I tried to find a clip of N or M where Hannah Waddingham played "blonde assassin" but no luck. I'm posting a link to an episode from a BBC radio series The Pillow Book. There was a real lady Shonegun (sp) who did write a Pillow Book though the drama series was of course fiction. The first series dates back to 2008 and a pre-GoT Richard Madden played The Emperor. If anyone clicks through and clicks on "show more" they will see that Benedict Cumbabatch was also in the play. https://youtu.be/WLjn2KemSyk

Grandmaester Flash

Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:33 pm

Halfway through the new Ricky Gervais series, 'After Life'. The following familiar faces in supporting roles:

David Bradley (Walder Frey)
Tony Way (Ser Dontos)
Paul Kaye (Thoros of Myr)

Dame of Mercia

Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:22 pm

This isn't actually an actor from GoT but I had never realised there was a film about Ice Spiders. The film came out in the 'noughties' so before GoT the series but after GoT the book. Whether or not the makers of the science-fiction film took inspiration from GRRM I have no idea - or how good (or bad) the film was. https://youtu.be/LM25VV_Aq5E (don't worry not the whole film - just a 2 and a bit minute clip). I did a bit of searching on the internet for Sara Dylan (Irish actress who plays Cersie's - as far as I know - unnamed servant). She has been in other things beside GoT but it didn't help that she has the same name as Bob Dylan's (I think ex-) wife so nothing to post about GoT Sara unfortunately.
Last edited by Dame of Mercia on Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Grandmaester Flash

Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:03 pm

Dame of Mercia wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:22 pm
I did a bit of searching on the internet for Sara Dylan (Irish actress who plays Cersie's - as far as I know - unnamed servant). She has been in other things beside GoT but it didn't help that she has the same name as Bob Dylan's (I think ex-) wife so nothing to post about GoT Sara unfortunately.
The character's name is Bernadette, but I don't think we've ever heard her addressed by name on the show.
I am guessing that she is named after Bernadette Caulfield, one of the producers. Several characters seem to share names with people associated with the show.

Here's Sara Dylan's IMDB entry https://www.imdb.com/name/nm2407387/?re ... f_=nv_sr_1

Dame of Mercia

Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:14 am

Charles Dance in an interview on ITV (British channel) promoting a series called The Widow. https://youtu.be/c6QfsGcwpow He also discusses the gossip from the GoT premiere.

Dame of Mercia

Sun May 19, 2019 7:09 am

Sadly I missed it when it was broadcast on BBC radio but a DVD has been released of an adaptation of Neil Gaiman's "Norse Mythology". From GoT, Diana Rigg (Lady Olenna), Natalie Dormer (Margaery) and Nonso Alonso (Xaro thingamabobs) are in it. Not from GoT but the cast (which is an ensemble cast not unlike GoT) also includes Derek Jacobi from - well loads of things, (in the UK anyway) and Colin Morgan from Merlin.

I have wondered sometimes if a radio adaptation might suit ASOIAF - of course the novels are such massive tomes that I think it would be difficult to adapt them without excising some material unfortunately. However when the auditory medium is used to evoke a scene in a listener's imagination it might be easier to include some of the big battles from the series - and maybe give some of the internal thoughts that the characters have in the books. LOOK AWAY NOW IF YOU HAVEN'T READ THE BOOKS - for example there was something in Jamie's point of view chapters in ASOS about him regretting "what happened at Winterfell" and I think he said something similar to Cersei as well.

Chilli

Sun May 19, 2019 2:35 pm

This weekend I saw The Last Witchhunter on Netflix. Didn't know it was with Rose Leslie until I saw her.

I also saw Spooks with Kit Harington and Jennifer Ehle.

Dame of Mercia

Thu May 23, 2019 4:46 am

I might watch Gentleman Jack - which I had decided not to watch, - because I now see that Gemma Whelan (Yara) is in it. The BBC had already shown a standalone drama about Anne Lister in 2010 with Maxine Peake in the title role and I'd been a bit annoyed about them going on about doing something "new" when they'd already told the same story 9 years ago - 9 years is long enough for people to forget I guess. Still repeats are kind of what the BBC does - not that they don't have good dramas, and a repeat allows people who don't have iplayer to catch a show they missed the first time.

I don't think I'll watch the latest John Wick but Jerome Flynn (Bronn) and Ian McShane (Brother Ray) are in it.

Dame of Mercia

Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:35 am

Belatedly, thanks for the information about Sara Dylan, Grandmaester.

Now (at 0.37-40) has Drogon found a new gig? https://youtu.be/QFxN2oDKk0E

• Information