Spot the random GOT actor

Grandmaester Flash

Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:35 am

Marc Rissman (Harry Strickland) is in the final series of The Man In The High Castle.

Dame of Mercia

Sat Dec 28, 2019 6:10 am

Yoren (Francis Magee) played a merchant in The Witcher. I didn't notice it personally but someone else (not on this site) mentioned it. https://youtu.be/pf4GxmYJ4js

Ten Bears

Wed Jan 01, 2020 12:38 pm

Grandmaester Flash wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:35 am
Marc Rissman (Harry Strickland) is in the final series of The Man In The High Castle.

Marc Rissman was in Game of Thrones as Harry Strickland! (Barely. Blink and you missed him.)

Just kidding. Harry & The Golden Company got built up as this elite fighting force and ... Poof! They were gone. My first thought was “All that time and expense for those costumes, for so little screen time.”

Ten Bears

Wed Jan 01, 2020 12:55 pm

Joseph Mawle (Uncle Benjen Stark) is going to play the “lead villain” in Amazon’s upcoming “Lord of the Rings” prequel series. The last I heard, GoT writer Bryan Cogman was also involved with that series - after his own GoT prequel idea got shot down.

Ten Bears

Wed Jan 01, 2020 2:09 pm

Date: January 1, 2020
To: Maisie Williams Fangirls and Fanboys

It looks like we will finally see Maisie Williams (Wolfgirl Arya Stark on GoT) as Wolfsbane* in “X-Men: The New Mutants.”

According to an online CinemaBlend.com article today and a statement from the director Josh Boone, a new (second) trailer for
“X-Men The New Mutants” will be out on January 6, 2020, and the movie will be in theaters on April 3, 2020. This news comes after years of delays and rumors that the movie needed re-shoots; would go straight to video/streaming; or was dead in the water and would never be released at all.

The first trailer had been released over two years ago, on October 13, 2017, and touted that the movie would be “coming soon” in April, 2018. That first trailer has got a couple of brief images of Maisie Williams. (Sorry. I can’t embed a link to YouTube.) The first glimpse of Maisie Williams comes at ~ 1:08 of the official trailer.

Apparently, the new (second) trailer due out in a few days was created by the director and his cinematographer (as opposed to, e.g., the studio marketing department).

* Now I’ve got to go back and rewatch Arya-Jaqen-Tywin episodes in Season 2 of GoT to see if I remember correctly that after Armory Lorch dropped dead in Tywin’s doorway from a poisoned dart, there’s a scene in which Tywin sniffed the dart and said something like...

“Wolfsbane. This is no common assassin.”

Dame of Mercia

Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:51 am

Cross-posting from the main board, Ian McElhinney as a grandfather in "Derry Girls" - appears at about 0:56-7. https://youtu.be/o7g1Kf6g3AM

Dame of Mercia

Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:22 am

I think this is already quite well known but it's been recently announced that Robert Aramayo (young Ned) and Joseph Mawle (Benjen) are in the Amazon LoTR prequel. I'm not sure what characters are will be playing.

Editing this because I see that Ten Bears had mentioned upthread that Joseph Mawle had been cast in LoTR.
Last edited by Dame of Mercia on Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dame of Mercia

Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:11 am

Mark Addy (Robert Baratheon), Alfie Allen (Theon) and Gemma Whelan (Yara) are on a true crime series called "White House Farm" on BBC at the moment (January 2020). I haven't watched it yet but the late king is playing a policeman - not sure about the erstwhile Greyjoys.

Grandmaester Flash

Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:05 pm

Dame of Mercia wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:11 am
Mark Addy (Robert Baratheon), Alfie Allen (Theon) and Gemma Whelan (Yara) are on a true crime series called "White House Farm" on BBC at the moment (January 2020). I haven't watched it yet but the late king is playing a policeman - not sure about the erstwhile Greyjoys.
That's the Bamber family murders, isn't it. I haven't seen it, but noticed Mark Stanley (Grenn) is also in it.

I'm belatedly watching "Vikings" and Meryn Fucking Trant, sorry, Ian Beattie turned up the other day.
► Show Spoiler

Grandmaester Flash

Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:39 pm

I already mentioned the excellent "Sex Education" featuring several Game Of Thrones alumni.
Second series has arrived, and who should turn up in Ep2 but Lino Facioli (Robin Arryn). Just the one scene so far, and he didn't have much to do.

• Information