The Inevitable Complete Series Box-set

The Wolves of Winter

Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:07 am

Hi all!

So now with the final two seasons in sight, I would like to discuss what we as a fandom would like to see in a complete series box-set. We can talk about extras, collectors editions, packaging, booklets, new commentaries and on the technical side maybe a UHD-transfer and audio-formats.

My ideas for are:

The Pilot
More blooper reels (I love bloopers)
For every season a look back documentary with the actors, D&D, directors and other crew members. (hopefully at least 30 min.)
Some new commentaries for specific episodes. Or at least one with Sean Bean and Mark Addy for one episode in season 1.
Don't really have any ideas for editions. Maybe you do?

And it would be nice if the first four are given the Dolby Atmos treatment as well.

So what would you like to see for a box-set?

RBloodworth

Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:21 pm

The Steelbook versions of Seasons 1-4 were already remastered with Dolby Atmos sound.

I own Seasons 1-6, but will probably hold off on buying Seasons 7 & 8 until the deluxe complete series box set comes out due to the rather crappy packaging HBO gave us for the last season.

The Wolves of Winter

Tue Jul 04, 2017 4:25 am

RBloodworth wrote:
Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:21 pm
The Steelbook versions of Seasons 1-4 were already remastered with Dolby Atmos sound.

I own Seasons 1-6, but will probably hold off on buying Seasons 7 & 8 until the deluxe complete series box set comes out due to the rather crappy packaging HBO gave us for the last season.
Thank you for the info! I didn't know that. That's good news.

I own the first six as well, I will definitely hold off on season 8. Not sure if I will for season 7. And buying the complete box set, to me, will mostly depend on the extras. I don't mind double dipping, but it does need to be worth the money.

Raeslewolhn

Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:55 pm

1. Extensive production commentary, especially about CG!
2. Extensive character commentary, maybe a different actor each episode, for their most challenging episode, overlaid like a directors commentary is (in addition to D&D+Director overlay commentary option for every episode). Interviews are cool too, but I find overlaying commentaries sound more natural and relaxed, they're likely not wearing stage makeup, can ramble a bit, etc. More actors discussing it either way!
3. Revealing info about convos D&D had with GRRM way back when, you know the ones that they say Everytime they can't share, were vital to it's creation, but will FINALLY be able to when it's over.
4. Fully interactive as thorough as possible 360d opening scene map with EVERYTHING on it (deluxe version of what's on the official site right now)
5. OVERLAY COMMENTARY OPTIONS APLENTY! (*Production Team if you're reading this, if you ever do, this adds rewatch value!)

Joel Needs a Car

Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:32 pm

I wonder if it will be the Cock/Balls in a Box Definitive Edition?
AKA: Ser Not Appearing in this Series

The Wolves of Winter

Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:10 am

Looks like GoT is gonna get the 4K HDR treatment.
https://www.amazon.fr/dp/B07BF46VJX?s= ... aycom05-21

• Information