End of Thrones.

Wimsey

Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:35 am

evenwind wrote:
Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:35 pm
I was thinking about stories that would move the timeline forward - find out what happens in the immediate or distant future. If magic is gone, then any "future" stories are about a basically different, mundane, and likely less interesting world.
Given how small a role magic plays in the plots of these stories, it really would not have that much of an effect. The sociopolitical drama and the overarching mysteries are the real core of the stories.

I will admit that I thought Bored of the Rings was hysterically funny when I was a kid.
"If in the first act you have hung a pistol on the wall, then in the following one it should be fired. Otherwise, don't put it there."
A. P. Chehkov

QueenofThrones

Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:46 am

Flayed Potatoes wrote:
Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:20 pm
No, it's going to end with Samwell writing a series of books where he records all the events in our story. His initial plan is to split everything into three volumes, but his trilogy turns into a 7-book series. After completing five books of his epic saga, Samwell gives up and sells the rights to the season 6 Braavosi theater troupe, who want to adapt the books into a series of plays. He retires with Gilly at Horn Hill and buys the neighboring castle to store all his memorabilia from the War for the Dawn. :P
Brilliant!
:lol:

Raeslewolhn

Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:39 pm

1. What I WANT: is for Jon to be King in the North,but Sansa, having matured and learned to better cope with her trauma, becomes an equally reasonable voice as they rule together. He has kids with lyanna mormont when she's wayyyyy older and returns hella fierce and sexy (that's his type, like Ygritte) We see Jon and co defeat the White Walkers (only a few remain, in the LoAW like the last Long Night). They rebuild the Wall (after we get to see it's epic cinematic destruction) while the dragons and dragonglass hold them bk.The Wildlings guard the wall in exchange for lands in the Gift. Bran lives at Winterfell and mostly stays in the godswood with the weirwood, but he's not stuck there. Meera sometimes visits. He can't have kids unfortunately.

Sam inherits the Tarly holdings and home, being pardoned and released from the NW bc the rest of the NW were unfortunately destroyed by the WW. He and Gilly and lil Sam live HEA and they have a few more kids. (But lil Sam never ever feels diff for being adopted, he might not even know tho)

Dany destroys Cersei in an epic attack on the Red Keep, with help from Jaime, very precisely she doesn't kill a bunch of Innocents. Just some corrupt ass GCs. Tyrion is her Hand and he rules while she conquers the rest of the world, stopping bk home with Tyrion to check in (she's roaming on Drogon). Dany has no kids, so Jon or Tyrionis kids inherit the throne. She has one more epic fuck with Daario on the bk of a flying dragon. I donno who Tyrion marries but he needs some loving after Shae.

Arya finishes her list, marries Gendry and spends the rest of her life as a sworn sword of Jon, but bc there's much peace she just chills at Winterfell and in the woods hunting mostly. No kids. It's just not for her, as honorable as she is she's a role model for her nieces and nephews.

Jorah guards Tyrion because he can't ride a dragon and follow Dany.

Davos is the head of Jon's fleet. He's sooo thankful he doesn't have deal with fuckin live sacrifice ever again. It is outlawed by Jon/Dany. (Not all blood magic, obviously, just live sacrifice and mutilation, ya know). Melisandre was killed by Arya.

Jaime heads the Lannister Army in perfect alliance with Tyrion. Brienne only decides to be with Jaime when they are older and she can't fight anymore, so they can't have kids.

We see an ice dragon, Viserion. He is killed. Jon rides Rhaegal a few times before Rhaegal is also killed :cry:

BUT NONE OF THIS IS LIKELY, DEF NOT ALL OF IT LOL.

2. THE WORST: would be all awesome characters I love die or end up in exile, with Cersei as the ruling Queen. She managed to fight off WW after they killed the Dragons and killed Jaime for his betrayal. Euron rules the II, most Starks become wights. Honestly, I'd rather the WW be victorious than that bitch.

3. I THINK Jon or Dany will die, the other rules. Theon will rule the II. Jaime kills Cersei, the only main characters who live are possibly Varys, probably Tyrion, def J OR D, (Missendei IF Dany lives), Bran, Arya, Gendry, Gilly, Sam and Lil Sam. (Edmure lives if you count him). MAYBE Brienne lives. I love her too much my logic is clouded.

Who dies? LF, Cersei, Jaime :(, Davos:(, Melisandre, Sansa :/, all Sand Snakes (a child inherits Dorne), Euron, Yara, Tormund, Dolorous Ed and most NW :(, Beric, Thoros, Hound :(, Mountain, Olenna :(, Tarly men not Sam, Jorah :(, Grey Worm :(, Quono all die. (Missendei IF Dany dies), and maybe Brienne dies. We never hear from Daario again bc there can be ONE person who just leaves the plot without dying lol.

Tensor the Mage

Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:17 am

(that's his type, like Ygritte)

Lyanna Mormont does not have red hair! :)

Raeslewolhn

Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:13 am

Tensor the Mage wrote:
Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:17 am
(that's his type, like Ygritte)

Lyanna Mormont does not have red hair! :)
Lol, neither does Dany, and they're everyone's favorite ship.

A person's type isn't necessarily about coloring and size. Her fierceness, warriorhood, confidence and no-frills straight-talking are what they have in common.

I don't expect it but I would love a flash fed 5-8 yrs to see that.

LadyGoodman

Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:54 pm

Want to happen: The White Walkers and Dragons battle it out til both are eradicated since they represent the worst impulses of mankind's destructive nature. Normal seasons return to Westeros and there is no need for a Wall. The Iron Throne is eliminated and a more democratic form of government is established, with the people voting in Jon as president by near-unanimous proclamation. Sansa is the Lady of Winterfell, happy to be solo after being used as a pawn for so long. Arya chooses to live in the far northern reaches of the realm with Nymeria and her direwolf offspring. Bran is revealed as Bran the Builder and he accompanies Sam back to the Citadel to impart all of his knowledge to future generations. Jamie is killed taking out Cersei, finally earning his heroic redemption, and Brienne pines for him but then opens her eyes to see that Tormund never pitied her so she accepts his love. Tyrion inherits Casterley Rock and finds peace and a true love. Dany realizes she doesn’t want absolute power and chooses to help all of the children orphaned by the Great War, fulfilling her promise to Theon, who gave up his own life saving her.

Hate to happen: Dany on the Iron Throne, smug and victorious, with “I Will Rule” artfully etched into her black and red leather dress, after using Jon and Tyrion to defeat the Night King, then sending them on a suicide mission at the very end of the conflict so she can seize power.

Think will happen: Jon, Dany and Tyrion form a Three Heads of the Dragon ruling triumvirate to defeat the Night King. When the final battle appears to be lost, after at least a third of the cast is dead, Jon will sacrifice himself and save Westeros. Dany will rule with Tyrion as her hand, but her nephew’s courage and selflessness will have softened her lust for power, so she will be a benevolent and beloved ruler, singing in the streets like her brother and Jon’s father, Rhaegar.
...He's my king, from this day until his last day.

Raeslewolhn

Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:02 pm

LadyGoodman wrote:
Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:54 pm
Want to happen: The White Walkers and Dragons battle it out til both are eradicated since they represent the worst impulses of mankind's destructive nature. Normal seasons return to Westeros and there is no need for a Wall. The Iron Throne is eliminated and a more democratic form of government is established, with the people voting in Jon as president by near-unanimous proclamation. Sansa is the Lady of Winterfell, happy to be solo after being used as a pawn for so long. Arya chooses to live in the far northern reaches of the realm with Nymeria and her direwolf offspring. Bran is revealed as Bran the Builder and he accompanies Sam back to the Citadel to impart all of his knowledge to future generations. Jamie is killed taking out Cersei, finally earning his heroic redemption, and Brienne pines for him but then opens her eyes to see that Tormund never pitied her so she accepts his love. Tyrion inherits Casterley Rock and finds peace and a true love. Dany realizes she doesn’t want absolute power and chooses to help all of the children orphaned by the Great War, fulfilling her promise to Theon, who gave up his own life saving her.

Hate to happen: Dany on the Iron Throne, smug and victorious, with “I Will Rule” artfully etched into her black and red leather dress, after using Jon and Tyrion to defeat the Night King, then sending them on a suicide mission at the very end of the conflict so she can seize power.

Think will happen: Jon, Dany and Tyrion form a Three Heads of the Dragon ruling triumvirate to defeat the Night King. When the final battle appears to be lost, after at least a third of the cast is dead, Jon will sacrifice himself and save Westeros. Dany will rule with Tyrion as her hand, but her nephew’s courage and selflessness will have softened her lust for power, so she will be a benevolent and beloved ruler, singing in the streets like her brother and Jon’s father, Rhaegar.
I feel like Dany already is a benevolent and beloved ruler. She has learned how to show strength and restraint. Usually she is 100% righteous, empathetic and just. She's not 100% merciful, but she chose the law over her own alignment when that freed man killed the SotH in S5. She's never going to be a mad queen. And only a few occasions has she forgotten empathy to Innocents. Even then after one line from Tyrion or Barristan she's changes her mind. She never went through with total destruction. It's always precise, at the masters. She even locked her dragons up bc they were out of control. Then she learned to control Drogon.
She was raised with her brother with a sense of entitlement but it's not lust for absolute power. She thinks it's her right I to rule bc she was raised to. She finally feels empowered after a life of subjugation and being underestimated. She was a pregnant hormonal teenage when she wanted the Dothraki to take Westeros. Still, she always fought against abuse even then. When she became khaleesi and queen, she demanded morality, and does so with her current allies as well. She sees horrors in the world and she's like "ya know what, I should fix this shit", and she wants the iron throne as an idea, she doesn't even want to rule, but to take back what she feels was the reason she had a subjugated life from the people who are immoral and bad rulers anyway.

I don't see this villain coming out much, maybe a little this season, but not for the ending, personally. I could be wrongof course.

LadyGoodman

Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:39 pm

Meh, I have an automatic mistrust, bordering on aversion, to anyone who thinks they were born to rule, particularly those who go about proclaiming it on a regular basis

Plus it always makes me think of this exchange in Monty Python and the Holy Grain:

King Arthur: I am your king.

Dennis's Mother: Well I didn't vote for you.

King Arthur: You don't vote for kings.

Dennis's Mother: Well how'd you become king then?

King Arthur: The Lady of the Lake, her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite held aloft Excalibur from the bosom of the water, signifying by divine providence that I, Arthur, was to carry Excalibur. THAT is why I am your king.

Dennis: [interrupting] Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.
... You can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you!

... If I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some
moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!
...He's my king, from this day until his last day.

Tensor the Mage

Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:20 am

"She's never going to be a mad queen."

Her father's turn to insanity was also a surprise. The Targaryens have been genetically damaged by centuries of inbreeding. There's no way to ensure the same sudden descent into insanity does not happen to her.

Dennai

Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:18 am

Tensor the Mage wrote:
Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:20 am
"She's never going to be a mad queen."

Her father's turn to insanity was also a surprise. The Targaryens have been genetically damaged by centuries of inbreeding. There's no way to ensure the same sudden descent into insanity does not happen to her.
Her father was living a pampering life, then he was kidnapped and that traumatic event broke him forever.
Dany, on the other hand, grew up in exile first, in poverty later, in constant fear from her brother's changes of mood and the paranoia that Viserys built around them. Then, she was sold to an alien and barbaric culture and submitted to such abuse and hardship that only an encouraging dream saved her from taking her own life. She managed to turn the whole situation around only to see her world and hopes crumble around her once again, and to top it all directly linked to the betrayal of someone she had shown mercy. And she built herself again.

The comparison with her father is not there, no matter how much some people want to to see it.
Aerys was apparently normal and jolly before madness got him, but he never was a samaritan or anything like that. Dany has always shown herself to be a compassionate person and trying to protect the weak, from the first book to the last, from the first season to the last. Not to mention, D&D had rebuked the Mad Queen theory before.

• Information