Samwell at the citadel

Ginevra

Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:34 pm

Wimsey wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2017 4:50 pm
Hopefully, the resolution to the White Walkers will not involve Valyrian steel, but instead involve major dilemmas for Jon, Daenerys, etc., that basically build upon all of the sorts of dilemmas that they have had throughout the series.
Oh, yes! I very much want character development, as well, of course, and backstory. I'm not as convinced as you are that the Others will have enormously logical explanations, but I wouldn't be shocked if they did. I do think that there will be some lovely themes of leadership and ruling in the last book, as well as some wonderful development for all major characters. But I also believe that the Valyrian steel swords are like your Checkov guns, right? They've been too crucial to the story to not be crucial to the end. Of course, the show won't do everything that the books will, and so it might gloss over everything but Lightbringer, I guess.

I really think we'll get Lightbringer, and possibly this season! Beric is headed to the wall. Beric's blood magically lights his sword now that he's risen from the dead. Jon has risen from the dead....

Stark Wolf

Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:09 pm

I don't expect Sam to be at the Citadel all season. With Euron and his new fleet on the rampage it would make sense he would attack the Citadel. Sam will take Gilly and the baby and head back to Castle Black or Winterfell.

I believe he will learn how or what cures Greyscale.
He will learn very important info about Other/White Walkers.
Perhaps finding the long lost Pact from the last rising.

Jack Bauer 24

Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:39 pm

How many episodes do you think we'll see Sam/Citadel?

Flayed Potatoes

Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:17 am

Jack Bauer 24 wrote:
Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:39 pm
How many episodes do you think we'll see Sam/Citadel?

• Information