Detailed spoilers for Episode 3

WotW Spoiler Town, with extensive Game of Thrones Season 8 Spoilers including major leaks, filming spoilers, photos and all. Consider yourself warned!
User avatar
Flayed Potatoes
Posts: 207
Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:31 pm

Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:09 am

Boudica wrote:
Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:20 am
This is apparently what Dany says:
I was born at Dragonstone. Not that I can remember it. We fled before Robert's assassins could find us. Robert was your father's best friend, no? I wonder if your father knew his best friend sent assassins to murder a baby girl in her crib. Not that it matters now, of course. I spent my life in foreign lands. So many men have tried to kill me, I don't remember all their names. I have been sold like a broodmare. I've been chained and betrayed, raped and defiled. Do you know what kept me standing, through all those years in exile? Faith. Not in any god, not in myths and legends. In myself. In Daenerys Targaryen. The world hadn't seen a dragon in centuries, until my children were born. The Dothraki hadn't crossed the sea, any sea. They did for me. I was born to rule the Seven Kingdoms, and I will"
Does she say this to Jon lmao? I would like Jon to remind her, if so, how Ned had every right to rebel against her crazy ass father. But I am not holding my breath. What do you think the context of this monologue is??

Didn't Varys tell her Ned didn't approve of the assassination attempt? What is his purpose really? Shouldn't he be informing her?

I can't wait to see her face when she finds out Ned has been protecting a Targ all this time. lol

Glad she admits how messed up her relationship with Drogo was. I feel vindicated.

ghost of winterfell
Posts: 72
Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:33 am

Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:02 am

I was just about to post this. Well Dragonbringer will be happy with this speech lmao. Hopefully Jon opens up about his past as well some time.

This is what Lyanna Mormont tells Jon next eipsode according to the same guy:


"Winter is here, your grace. We need the King in the North in the North."

And Lady Olenna's speech to Jaime:

"I'd hate to die like your son. Clawing at my neck, foam and bile spilling from my mouth, eyes blood red, skin purple. Must have been horrible for you, as a Kingsguard, as a father. It was horrible enough for me. A shocking scene. Not at all what I intended. You see, I'd never seen the poison work before.Tell Cersei. I want her to know it was"

Pigeon
Posts: 81
Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:44 am

Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:18 pm

Boudica wrote:
Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:20 am
This is apparently what Dany says:
I was born at Dragonstone. Not that I can remember it. We fled before Robert's assassins could find us. Robert was your father's best friend, no? I wonder if your father knew his best friend sent assassins to murder a baby girl in her crib. Not that it matters now, of course. I spent my life in foreign lands. So many men have tried to kill me, I don't remember all their names. I have been sold like a broodmare. I've been chained and betrayed, raped and defiled. Do you know what kept me standing, through all those years in exile? Faith. Not in any god, not in myths and legends. In myself. In Daenerys Targaryen. The world hadn't seen a dragon in centuries, until my children were born. The Dothraki hadn't crossed the sea, any sea. They did for me. I was born to rule the Seven Kingdoms, and I will"
I hope he responds by telling her that Ned's father and brother were tortured and killed by her crazy Dad, yet Ned vetoed trying to kill her and her unborn child. But no doubt they'll just have him apologize. Sigh....

Boudica
Posts: 115
Joined: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 am

Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:54 pm

It will be uneffective for Dany to say these things to Jon. The Starks has really suffered more than most, and Jon had nothing to do with Robert and his rebellion. Jon wouldn't even know that Ned was against assassinating her. Jon is just trying to save his people and Westeros, while she would be giving him a speech about her suffering as a Queen. I am really starting to wonder why Jon would want to save any of these people. :?:

Of course I bet Jon will say nothing back, we are only allowed to hear Dany's point of view.

But this is not actually Dany's fault she has Tyrion and Varys with her, they could have told her exactly what the Starks have been doing for the past 25 years. You would think that they would actually inform her before she meets a Stark, especially if Tyrion is looking for an allience. :roll:

This is just such a dumb plot point in the books as well, a lot of people could have told Dany the truth.

User avatar
Flayed Potatoes
Posts: 207
Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:31 pm

Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:34 pm

Boudica wrote:
Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:54 pm
It will be uneffective for Dany to say these things to Jon. The Starks has really suffered more than most, and Jon had nothing to do with Robert and his rebellion. Jon wouldn't even know that Ned was against assassinating her. Jon is just trying to save his people and Westeros, while she would be giving him a speech about her suffering as a Queen. I am really starting to wonder why Jon would want to save any of these people. :?:

Of course I bet Jon will say nothing back, we are only allowed to hear Dany's point of view.

But this is not actually Dany's fault she has Tyrion and Varys with her, they could have told her exactly what the Starks have been doing for the past 25 years. You would think that they would actually inform her before she meets a Stark, especially if Tyrion is looking for an allience. :roll:

This is just such a dumb plot point in the books as well, a lot of people could have told Dany the truth.
She's clowning on Ned for being friends with a guy who sent assassins after her, yet she's allied with child murderers such as Theon and Ellaria. Oy Dany! :lol: :lol: :lol:

That plot point in the books drives me mad. :lol:

Of course, if Tyrion and Varys had told her on the show what the Stark kids have been through, D&D wouldn't have their yaaas queen moment so... :roll:

Boudica
Posts: 115
Joined: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 am

Sun Jul 23, 2017 4:55 pm

Flayed Potatoes wrote:
Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:34 pm
Boudica wrote:
Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:54 pm
It will be uneffective for Dany to say these things to Jon. The Starks has really suffered more than most, and Jon had nothing to do with Robert and his rebellion. Jon wouldn't even know that Ned was against assassinating her. Jon is just trying to save his people and Westeros, while she would be giving him a speech about her suffering as a Queen. I am really starting to wonder why Jon would want to save any of these people. :?:

Of course I bet Jon will say nothing back, we are only allowed to hear Dany's point of view.

But this is not actually Dany's fault she has Tyrion and Varys with her, they could have told her exactly what the Starks have been doing for the past 25 years. You would think that they would actually inform her before she meets a Stark, especially if Tyrion is looking for an allience. :roll:

This is just such a dumb plot point in the books as well, a lot of people could have told Dany the truth.
She's clowning on Ned for being friends with a guy who sent assassins after her, yet she's allied with child murderers such as Theon and Ellaria. Oy Dany! :lol: :lol: :lol:

That plot point in the books drives me mad. :lol:

Of course, if Tyrion and Varys had told her on the show what the Stark kids have been through, D&D wouldn't have their yaaas queen moment so... :roll:
Ellaria is possibly the worst ally ever, of course strictly speaking Lady Olenna also murdered a child. Dany's forces lacks in quality.

elybe
Posts: 28
Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:07 pm

Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:27 pm

The stealth leaker has written out the initial round of foreplay dialogue between Jon and Dany:
D: Thank you for traveling so far, my lord. I hope the seas weren't too rough. J: The winds were kind, Your Grace. (Yada, yada, yada.) D: So I assume, my lord, you're here to bend the knee. J: I am not. D: Well, that is unfortunate. You've travelled all this way to break faith with House Targaryen? J: Break faith? Your father burned my grandfather alive. He burned my uncle alive. He would have burned the Seven Kingdoms-- D: My father was an evil man. On behalf of House Targaryen, I ask your forgiveness for the crimes he committed against your family. And I ask you not to judge a daughter for the sins of her father. (Yada, yada, yada.) I am the last Targaryen, Jon Snow. Honor the pledge your ancestor made to mine. Bend the knee and I will name you Warden of the North. (Yada, yada, yada.) J: You're right. You're not guilty of your father's crimes. And I'm not beholden to my ancestor's vows. (Yada, yada, yada.)

Pigeon
Posts: 81
Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:44 am

Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:03 pm

Goodness. They're giving Jon a backbone? Let this be true!

User avatar
Jay Targ
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:36 pm

Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:15 pm

elybe wrote:
Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:27 pm
The stealth leaker has written out the initial round of foreplay dialogue between Jon and Dany:
D: Thank you for traveling so far, my lord. I hope the seas weren't too rough. J: The winds were kind, Your Grace. (Yada, yada, yada.) D: So I assume, my lord, you're here to bend the knee. J: I am not. D: Well, that is unfortunate. You've travelled all this way to break faith with House Targaryen? J: Break faith? Your father burned my grandfather alive. He burned my uncle alive. He would have burned the Seven Kingdoms-- D: My father was an evil man. On behalf of House Targaryen, I ask your forgiveness for the crimes he committed against your family. And I ask you not to judge a daughter for the sins of her father. (Yada, yada, yada.) I am the last Targaryen, Jon Snow. Honor the pledge your ancestor made to mine. Bend the knee and I will name you Warden of the North. (Yada, yada, yada.) J: You're right. You're not guilty of your father's crimes. And I'm not beholden to my ancestor's vows. (Yada, yada, yada.)
Not bad, from either side really. I'm glad Jon brought up the crimes Aerys II committed against Jon's grandfather and uncle, and I'm glad Dany acknowledges them and asks for forgiveness. However, I'm sure their relationship will remain "frosty" throughout this episode. But I'm curious to know when things begin to turn. Apparently, Dany will at least allow them to mine dragonglass by the episode 4.
Image

User avatar
Jack Bauer 24
Posts: 208
Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:05 pm

Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:02 am

Don't want to read detailed spoilers, so I have two questions. Is the CR battle shorter or longer then the sea battle and from what you know of the spoilers, will this be the best episode yet?

Post Reply
  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests