Spoilers Episode 7

WotW Spoiler Town, with extensive House of the Dragon and Game of Thrones Spoilers including major leaks, filming spoilers, photos and all. Consider yourself warned!
JennyT

Sat Jul 29, 2017 3:59 am

ghost of winterfell wrote:
Sat Jul 29, 2017 3:00 am
JennyT wrote:
Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:53 am
Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:39 am

They can adopt.Plenty of rulers did that in different cultures.We don't even know if they are thinking about marriage yet.And don't be so pessimistic.None of it is Jon's fault.He can't predict the future lol.Dany is the one who brought the dragons North but that was honestly the only thing to do.Why wouldn't you use your best weapons in the fight?Jon has been telling people about the threat since season 1.It's not his fault they don't believe him.Also I believe everybody is in the war room not just Jorah.He is probably just giving his input.On the Cersei thing he could have said the North is independent but that would have still pissed Cersei off.She was not interested in the alliance anyway just dominating.
Pessimism has been my natural state as far as GOT is concerned, since I read Lads leaks lol. Still, yeah I think seeing the actual episodes, with the acting, directing, music, dialogue etc. will make the episodes seem very different than just reading the leaks. I think most of the sequences will look good on screen.

By heirs, I didn't mean that Jon would be thinking of marriage or their heirs specifically. I meant it in a general sense, he would know that no matter whom Dany would marry, she would not be able to have an heir, and since as far as they know, there is no other Targaryen alive, her death would just lead to more succession issues and chaos. Shouldn't he be taking that into consideration before pledging to her, or at least discuss what would happen in the event of her death? It's not a big issue, just a thought I had.

Dany takes her dragons north only because Jon asks her to come rescue them. His motivation make sense of course, but I have a feeling people will mainly look at the end result. What I want to know is would the NK have been able to breach the Wall if he hadn't been gifted with undead Viserion. The answer to that would make a lot of difference imo.

I don't mind boatsex. I agree, the reason they are intercutting it with the Aegon reveal is to highlight the creepiness factor of two people boning without realizing they are related.
Eh Jon is probably thinking let's get over the end of the world first.Also they are probably in love at this point.That colours everything.Who cares what a few people think?!They are gonna save the world anyway lol.The Night King is a greenseer so he probably knew how it would go down.It's one of the inevitable things.Dany would have gone North anyway to see what happened.At least this way people were saved.The NK would have found another way,maybe through Bran.Anyway season 7 is the darkest before the dawn.The heroes need to fail first before they succeed.Jon is the closest thing we have to a traditional hero.He has the best claim,the prophesized destiny,the purest of intentions.It's okay if he fails on some things or if he needs help.

Flayed Potatoes

Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:25 am

Euron is going to betray Cersei, isn't he?

Northern lady

Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:37 am

The talk about her being barren sounds to me like there are wedding negotiations going on. Jon wouldn't care about it because he never wanted to have children anyway because he only has a bastard's name to give them. This is of course problematic in terms of succession and they would have to think about naming a legal heir. Of course this whole thing is just foreshadowing that she will indeed have a child. In ADWD it is heavily suggested she is having a miscarriage in the Dothraki sea but she is convinced she is sterile. I think hers is just another case of misunderstanding prophecy/curse that GRRM likes so much.

"When the sun rises in the west and sets in the east," said Mirri Maz Duur. "When the seas go dry and mountains blow in the wind like leaves. When your womb quickens again, and you bear a living child. Then he will return, and not before.

It all sounds impossible so bearing a living child is impossible as well. But the sun might be Quentyn Martell, the sea might be the Dothraki Sea, the mountain blowing in the wind might be Gregor Clegane. I think this might foreshadow Danaerys' death in childbirth, Drogo coming to take her.

Avuncular marriages (between uncle and niece or aunt and nephew) were extremely common in European royal houses throughout history, disgusting as that might sound to most of us. They are not a good idea genetically but they are, still today, accepted in many societies.

Pigeon

Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:54 am

Flayed Potatoes wrote:
That seems pretty likely, doesn't it...hmmm...*presses fingertips together a la Mr. Burns*

ghost of winterfell

Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:06 am

Flayed Potatoes wrote:
Yeah, that was my thought as well. He shows keen interest in Dany's dragons in the dragonpit, is he going to try to get his hands on one of them?

I am glad I am not the only one who thought it odd that the only one who has really fought the WWs has nothing to contribute in the strategy meeting. Since when did Jorah become an expert on defence strategies??

Flayed Potatoes

Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:38 am

Flayed Potatoes wrote:
Yeah, that was my thought as well. He shows keen interest in Dany's dragons in the dragonpit, is he going to try to get his hands on one of them?

I am glad I am not the only one who thought it odd that the only one who has really fought the WWs has nothing to contribute in the strategy meeting. Since when did Jorah become an expert on defence strategies??
Jorah didn't even command much when he used to live in Westeros and now he's the premiere war general? If this is true, I give up on lmao. Jon should just grab his family, pet and friends and sail for the Summer Islands. These people don't deserve saving. :lol:

If Euron gets his hands on Rhaegal, that would fulfill my book predictions. :geek:

Boudica

Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:54 am

There are so many things to say about these last two episodes. Everything sounds okay until episode 6. What I don't like is how cannon or convention is changed. Things like Cersei not drinking while pregnant, anyone climbing on dragons and riding them. Sansa suddenly talking about a letter Jon Arryn wrote that has never been seen or mentioned. Aunt and nephew relationships isn't insest in this time, dragonglass kills wights and white walkers. People not caring about the succession. Dany receiving a raven and arriving in the time to fight the White Walkers ext.

I don't think Jon will be blamed for everything, it sounds like this meeting with Cersei is actually Tyrion's idea. Also Tyrion warns and tells Dany that she shouldn't take herself and her dragons North. But I dont think it matters the Nights King is greenseer, he has probably been waiting for this moment so that they could cross the Wall.

Cersei has planned to get the Golden Company before this meeting, so it doesn't matter what Jon says. Why would Tyrion go off and have drinks with Cersei alone? This whole Dragonpit meeting is useless, it has potential for very interesting dialogue but it sounds like it will be a massive let down. This is not going to be a good finale. They could have done so much more. Why would they discuss Dany's childbearing potential at this meeting?

It really does sound as if Dany will be pregnant. But that isn't so surprising to me, it is something I ve always expected to happen. Jon has always said that he would never father a bastard, so I ve always had a feeling that it would happen.

Euron will definitely betray Cersei, why would he just hand all of those troops over to her? He could very easily just attack Kings Landing with the Golden Company. I bet the Nights King is going to turn the whole Golden Company into wights. I might be wrong but my bet is that at some point, perhaps Dany and Jon are going to have to burn down the whole of Kings Landing.

Everything would have been so much better if Dany had actually just taken Kings Landing this season. She could just have burned the Red Keep.

Boudica

Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:55 am

Flayed Potatoes wrote:
Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:38 am
Flayed Potatoes wrote:

Jorah didn't even command much when he used to live in Westeros and now he's the premiere war general? If this is true, I give up on lmao. Jon should just grab his family, pet and friends and sail for the Summer Islands. These people don't deserve saving. :lol:

If Euron gets his hands on Rhaegal, that would fulfill my book predictions. :geek:
Yes, Jon was right after being resurrected he should just have left and gone to some warm place like the Summer Islands.

Boudica

Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:02 am

I am probably over thinking the situation. But last season they did not use Jon's name on the scripts, they only used LC. All of this conversation about Dany being barren is so out of place and it is discussed so often, it makes me wonder. Could they be using something like Jon pledging his allegiance to Dany as a code for a marriage arrangement? Probably not, still it just doesn't make much sense to discuss Dany's barrenness at this very important meeting in the Dragonpit.

JennyT

Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:09 am

I don't know guys.It's just that we have been thinking about the ending of the story for a long time.Everybody has their own ideas so everything that the characters do we weigh to this mental image that we have of what is supposed to happen.I too thought that the War for the Dawn would be after the story south has concluded but that is not the story they are telling.Maybe they are right.It would be too easy that way.They should tell their version of the story not ours.In a way I am kinda excited cause with this end to season 7 I have no idea how so many of the plots will go.What roles the characters will have?It's fun.Honestly I have enjoyed most of what we have got these past 62 episodes and I genuinely like watching the show so I don't think the remaining episodes will let me down.Even if I don't like some things there will be plenty other stuff to enjoy.

I have seen people mention this but I honestly don't think D&D have any special preference for Daenerys.Yes they have given her the epic endings of episodes but that's because they are such easy crowd pleasing moments.And to be fair almost all of them are from the books including imo the two from last season.She will get the Dothraki on her side and than sail to Westeros.George has set her up this way but honestly I find her way more empathetic in the books with her monologues.In the show she has screwed plenty of times and they mention the Mad King like every episode.She turning mad is a theory that even some casual viewers believe.Now they do have a special spot for Sansa especially trying to work overtime after what happened in season 5 and they do love and are way over indulgent with Cersei but I don't see that with Dany.

In regards to the Jorah thing I believe everybody will be in the war room.Maybe Jorah does offer more insights but other characters do have to talk and do something.They have a hard time trying to juggle all this characters together.

• Information