Spoilers Episode 7

WotW Spoiler Town, with extensive House of the Dragon and Game of Thrones Spoilers including major leaks, filming spoilers, photos and all. Consider yourself warned!
ghost of winterfell

Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:06 am

Jon should take Arya, Bran, Ghost and Nymeria on that vacation :lol: The others can handle the apocalypse by themselves!

Jorah is from a minor noble house in the North. How and when did he become a war general lol. I get that they need to give everyone something to do, but there needs to be some basis for what they do..

Boudica

Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:05 pm

JennyT wrote:
Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:09 am
I don't know guys.It's just that we have been thinking about the ending of the story for a long time.Everybody has their own ideas so everything that the characters do we weigh to this mental image that we have of what is supposed to happen.I too thought that the War for the Dawn would be after the story south has concluded but that is not the story they are telling.Maybe they are right.It would be too easy that way.They should tell their version of the story not ours.In a way I am kinda excited cause with this end to season 7 I have no idea how so many of the plots will go.What roles the characters will have?It's fun.Honestly I have enjoyed most of what we have got these past 62 episodes and I genuinely like watching the show so I don't think the remaining episodes will let me down.Even if I don't like some things there will be plenty other stuff to enjoy.
I have never thought that the wars and fighting within the south would be neatly wrapped up before the White Walkers, it would be too neat. The Walkers are strange and distant enemies, while we have been with the characters who are waging war right from the start. The White Walkers are more like a force of nature that could destroy everything. But it is true that people have some ideas for the ending in mind and when things are changed some people don't like it.

For years many people have been predicting that Dany, Jon and Tyrion will be riding dragons together and fighting the White Walkers, that idea has always seemed to idealistic. I am doubtful Jon will even ride a dragon.

I have been a very staunch defender of D&D throughout the years, I don't mind plots or stories being changed the show has many restrictions that the books doesn't have. But when they start messing around with the characteristic of the main characters for no good reason it becomes frustrating.

Tyrion is now a complete joke, he is a bitter, angry man in the books who has raped a slave. It makes sense for him when you think about the fact that he murdered his father and that he has always had difficult relationships with women. In the show he has now become more of a good guy then Jon.

It seems like the next character on their list of characters to destroy is Jon, he is very intelligent he can read people very well, because he has learned to do that whilst growing up as a bastard. He is really good with understanding Northern poltics. In the show Jon is not allowed to be really good at anything.

And they are trying to destroy Arya's character as well. Arya goes through all of the Faceless man, lie detector training, but she thinks she is on trial. :roll:
And then we will have that terrible fanfiction dialogue. They are practically making Arya apologize to Sansa. While Sansa was the one who snubbed Arya during their childhood, and who lied at the Inn of the Crossroads. Just like they couldn't leave Sansa to just apologize to Jon for her behaviour. Sansa is a less important character then Arya in the books, but they are trying to sideline Arya in the show.

That being said we'll see, some plot points sounded quite dubious, but it didn't turn out that badly in the first two episodes, so we'll see. It is also frustrating because we will only get an ending from the show, and the show is completely changing characters and their motives so we'll never get the right ending.

JennyT wrote:
I have seen people mention this but I honestly don't think D&D have any special preference for Daenerys.Yes they have given her the epic endings of episodes but that's because they are such easy crowd pleasing moments.And to be fair almost all of them are from the books including imo the two from last season.She will get the Dothraki on her side and than sail to Westeros.George has set her up this way but honestly I find her way more empathetic in the books with her monologues.In the show she has screwed plenty of times and they mention the Mad King like every episode.She turning mad is a theory that even some casual viewers believe.Now they do have a special spot for Sansa especially trying to work overtime after what happened in season 5 and they do love and are way over indulgent with Cersei but I don't see that with Dany.
Dany will not be burning the Khals in the books, it will be drogon who saves her she isn't fireproof. She is also likely not going to ride out alone behind some rocks, climb on Drogon and start giving the Dothraki a speech. In books Slavers Bay is in shambles, people are sick and dying, and they don't have food, because she has completely destroyed the economy of those places. She will not easily burn a few ships and everything will be okay. In reality it would take decades to repair the damage done. She will leave Meereen in ruins. But at least they do tend to keep her personality more balanced in the show.

They have completely changed Cersei and Sansa, they will not become leaders in the books. In the books it is Tyrion who is more like Tywin, but in the show it seems like they are trying to show us that it is Cersei who is more like Tywin. Sansa has no leadership arc in her story, GRRM is pushing her to become more like show Margaery.
JennyT wrote:
In regards to the Jorah thing I believe everybody will be in the war room.Maybe Jorah does offer more insights but other characters do have to talk and do something.They have a hard time trying to juggle all this characters together.
They could have killed off a lot more characters this season. The whole of season 7 just looks like filler. Littlefinger is the only important character who will die. They did not need so many side characters to survive this season. They have made a few strange choices for this season, it doesn't leave one with much confidence for the ending.

But we'll see how this plays out on screen, at least some of us are now prepared for the worst.

Boudica

Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:33 pm

ghost of winterfell wrote:
Jon should take Arya, Bran, Ghost and Nymeria on that vacation :lol: The others can handle the apocalypse by themselves!

Jorah is from a minor noble house in the North. How and when did he become a war general lol. I get that they need to give everyone something to do, but there needs to be some basis for what they do..
Damn now I really want to see, Jon, Arya, Bran, Ghost and Nymeria just leave Westeros. The others can take on the crowns and the White Walkers. Jon should have left Castle Black before Sansa arrived there.

If this story was in keeping with GRRM's style those Northers would now crown Sansa as the Queen, and then the White Walkers would arrive and kill them all. But D&D would never do something like that. I am sure someone will die in the books because they have ignored White Walkers, I always thought it might be someone like Littlefinger, who is more concerned with his schemes than anything else. But that wouldn't happen.

ghost of winterfell

Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:42 pm

Boudica wrote:
Damn now I really want to see, Jon, Arya, Bran, Ghost and Nymeria just leave Westeros. The others can take on the crowns and the White Walkers. Jon should have left Castle Black before Sansa arrived there.

If this story was in keeping with GRRM's style those Northers would now crown Sansa as the Queen, and then the White Walkers would arrive and kill them all. But D&D would never do something like that. I am sure someone will die in the books because they have ignored White Walkers, I always thought it might be someone like Littlefinger, who is more concerned with his schemes than anything else. But that wouldn't happen.
I realized, while I was typing it, how much I would like an ending like that!

It is surprising that so few characters die this season. This must be the lightest season so far in terms of character deaths. S8 should be a bloodbath. Still, I expect all the main characters, except for Cersei to survive. The ones I am 50/50 on are Jon/Dany (one of them might die, but not both) and Arya. I expect Bran, Sansa, Tyrion, Sam and probably even Jaime and Brienne to survive.

Pigeon

Sat Jul 29, 2017 3:17 pm

Boudica wrote:

I think I would actually laugh out loud if that happened. Can you imagine the furor? :lol:

I'm picturing this little boat with Jon, Arya, Bran, Ghost and Nymeria, silently floating out to sea towards the south. Bran is in la la land as per usual, Jon and Arya deep in thought, petting their direwolves. Then they glance up at each other, smile, and start laughing.

Lyannabanna

Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:55 pm

Boudica wrote:
Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:54 am

Everything would have been so much better if Dany had actually just taken Kings Landing this season. She could just have burned the Red Keep.
Isn't there wildfire under the RK? I'm remembering the "pitchfork" speech the Sparrow gave to Oleanna. Food will be mighty scarce after the Highgarden disaster.

What if the smallfolk stage a rebellion? They could probably do about as much damage to the RK as we saw in Dany's vision--and no more.

Jack Bauer 24

Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:24 am

Don't want to read detailed spoilers, but from what is known does it sound like the best finale of the series or at least satisfying?

JennyT

Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:00 am

Jack Bauer 24 wrote:
Don't want to read detailed spoilers, but from what is known does it sound like the best finale of the series or at least satisfying?
Welll let's just go with controversial.Think more Mother's Mercy and less the Winds of Winter.Some will love it some maybe less so.It does have some epic moments.

Jack Bauer 24

Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:37 pm

JennyT wrote:
Jack Bauer 24 wrote:
Welll let's just go with controversial.Think more Mother's Mercy and less the Winds of Winter.Some will love it some maybe less so.It does have some epic moments.
So a lot of cliffhangers like MM?

JennyT

Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:51 pm

Jack Bauer 24 wrote:
Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:37 pm
JennyT wrote:
Jack Bauer 24 wrote:
So a lot of cliffhangers like MM?
Yes there are some cliffhangers.Not as many as MM.

• Information