Spoilers episode 5

WotW Spoiler Town, with extensive House of the Dragon and Game of Thrones Spoilers including major leaks, filming spoilers, photos and all. Consider yourself warned!
Flayed Potatoes

Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:33 am

Boudica wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:27 am
Gendry is imo going to end up where Edric Storm will in the books, hence the acknowledgement that he is Robert's bastard and the war hammer. I agree with what you are saying though.

The thing about the Tarlys: we have seen on the show that highborn prisoners are kept for ransom and not harmed. Robb even has a Lannister cousin prisoner and uses him to send his terms to the crown in season 2. There's also the outrage when Karstark killed the Lannister children who were prisoners. Maybe this is the objection? Not to mention it ruins Dany's PR. Mad King burned a lord and his heir and Dany is doing the same thing. I don't think they'll betray her tbh; D&D would never humiliate Dany like that.

I hope Jon isn't reduced to Daario 2. Especially if D&D make him kneel at the Dragonpit.

Chilli

Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:55 am

Boudica wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:27 am

All of the Gendry stuff seems like extreme fanservice to me. I don't hate Gendry but he has never done much for me personally. I can't see why Gendry would forge a hammer for himself with a Baratheon sigil on it. He is peasant bastard who knew absolutely nothing about his father. I know he is knighted in the books or something, but he didn't learn anything about combat in the show, why would he go on the wight hunt? If you bring Gendry back, why wouldn't he discuss Arya? I guess the only reason I can think of is that Gendry doesn't want to discuss his crush on a girl with her protective brother. What would Dany think about a Baratheon bastard hanging around. His inclusion this season just seems unnecessary.
I think Gendry in the books and in the show will make the weapons to fight against the wights/white walkers.

And If Arya would ever settle with someone it would be Gendry. Ned said to king Robert: "I have a daughter, you have a son, let's unite them" or something like that. He meant of course Sansa and Joffrey, but Joffrey isn't Roberts. Arya looks like Lyanna and Gendry looks like Robert, that would be a nice parallel.

And maybe somehow Gendry will save Jon one day? The son of Robert saving the son of Rhaegar?

I do think there's a reason Gendry is not killed off in books and show.

Chilli

Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:12 am

What I was also thinking, they need some named warriors/knights in season 8 to fight the white walkers. They cannot let Jon and Dany do everything, would be very boring I think. They need people like Gendry, Sandor, Beric, Tormund, Jorah ... to fight and maybe killed off at some point to keep the tension and some of them will probably come back as a wight.
I wonder what people like Sansa, Cersei, Missandei, .. are going to do in season 8. I don't see them do much fighting.
I've got the impression season 7 is more a set-up season to get everyone in the right place for the final season.

Northern lady

Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:52 am

Did I miss it, or despite all the leaks we still don't know the titles for episodes 5-7?

Boudica

Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:59 pm

The title for this episode might be the Death of a Queen:

http://imgur.com/a/aj8Fq

https://www.amediateka.ru/serial/igra-prestolov/7

Or title might have something to do with death and Queen.

Flayed Potatoes

Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:05 pm

Boudica wrote:

Interesting...

Can't think of any queen who is supposed to die in ep 5 though. What do you think the title refers to?

Waiting for a Stark/Snow related title though...

ghost of winterfell

Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:46 am

Flayed Potatoes wrote:
Boudica wrote:

Interesting...

Can't think of any queen who is supposed to die in ep 5 though. What do you think the title refers to?

Interesting! There is definitely no queen dying in episode 5 or indeed this whole season, so it is hard to see what this title could refer to. Is it a quote or a book at the Citadel or something? After all, the last scene of this episode is Gilly reading about "Ragger" and his marriage, I think? Book of the Stranger seemed a weird title too, and it turned out to be a reference to a quote in a book.

I doubt there will be a Snow/Stark related title. At this rate, I expect the last two titles to be something like "the queen's rescue" and "the meeting of the queens" lol.

Boudica

Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:25 am

I ve seen suggestions that some people think it might be Queen of the Ashes. Otherwise it is more of a metaphorical death. The titles have been quite uninspiring this season so far.

JennyT

Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:41 am

I think it might be Queen of Death or Queen of the ashes.It makes sense.Also that's a Tyrionism if I ever saw one lol.

Flayed Potatoes

Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:30 am

ghost of winterfell wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:46 am
Flayed Potatoes wrote:
Boudica wrote:

Interesting...

Interesting! There is definitely no queen dying in episode 5 or indeed this whole season, so it is hard to see what this title could refer to. Is it a quote or a book at the Citadel or something? After all, the last scene of this episode is Gilly reading about "Ragger" and his marriage, I think? Book of the Stranger seemed a weird title too, and it turned out to be a reference to a quote in a book.

I doubt there will be a Snow/Stark related title. At this rate, I expect the last two titles to be something like "the queen's rescue" and "the meeting of the queens" lol.
The writers' fanboyism will not be deterred. :lol:

• Information