Detailed Spoilers - Episode 4 - HBO leak

WotW Spoiler Town, with extensive House of the Dragon and Game of Thrones Spoilers including major leaks, filming spoilers, photos and all. Consider yourself warned!
ghost of winterfell

Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:28 pm

I finally watched it! Great episode again.

I liked the Arya-Sansa reunion. It was in keeping with the relationship the two had, they were genuinely happy to see each other, but not overly emotional. Really loved what Sansa said about what Jon's reaction to Arya would have been. Where was this Sansa last season ffs! The scene with all 3 of them felt much more emotional though. Still, it's funny that the Jon-Sansa one still remains the most emotional Stark reunion so far.

The cave scene was really nice, I also liked that Dany asked for Jon's opinion and actually changed her mind after his answer. Their mutual respect feels quite genuine. But at the same time, I am not really feeling this romance. Maybe it's because of all the Jonerys threads on Freefolk, who keep hyping up this relationship so much, I feel like what I am seeing on screen isn't matching up. Am I the only one to feel this way?

The Jon-Theon scene felt incredibly rushed. Also lol at Jon saying my mother and father weren't married... :roll:

Absolutely loved the Arya-Brienne scene. The battle was epic. Even though it did not have the same emotional attachment for me as some of the earlier ones, it was still amazing to see a dragon in a proper battle.

JennyT

Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:30 pm

Jack Bauer 24 wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:10 pm
JennyT wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:36 am
Jack Bauer 24 wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:31 am

Only Drogon? I'm really disappointed with the battles and budget this year. Seems like the budget was cut. I mean there's 3 fewer episodes so each episode should have tons of money.
No the budget was not cut.You can see it in this episode.The battle is great.She can't bring Viserion and Rhaegal.They have no riders.They might harm the Dothraki.She can't control them fully.And obviously she thought one was enough for this battle.And remember a lot of the budget is needed for ep.6.
True. Have you seen a non watermarked version of the episode without the timestamp? Also, are there other dragon riders for Viserion and Rhaegal in episode 6? Season 6 had 10 episodes and still had the Battle for Mereen with all 3 dragons, the BotB, and the White Walkers battle in The Door. Is episode 6 going to be that cgi/budget heavy?
No I haven't seen a non watermarked version yet.And there are no riders in ep.6 for the other two dragons.This episode had way more cgi stuff than battle of Meereen even though it was one dragon.And yes episode 6 sounds very cgi/budget heavy.

Pigeon

Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:41 pm

Anyone notice that Bran hugged Arya back? Maybe he's learned a bit of social graces again. Then again, Meera....nah. Poor Meera...I love her.

Flayed Potatoes

Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:45 pm

ghost of winterfell wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:28 pm
I finally watched it! Great episode again.

I liked the Arya-Sansa reunion. It was in keeping with the relationship the two had, they were genuinely happy to see each other, but not overly emotional. Really loved what Sansa said about what Jon's reaction to Arya would have been. Where was this Sansa last season ffs! The scene with all 3 of them felt much more emotional though. Still, it's funny that the Jon-Sansa one still remains the most emotional Stark reunion so far.

The cave scene was really nice, I also liked that Dany asked for Jon's opinion and actually changed her mind after his answer. Their mutual respect feels quite genuine. But at the same time, I am not really feeling this romance. Maybe it's because of all the Jonerys threads on Freefolk, who keep hyping up this relationship so much, I feel like what I am seeing on screen isn't matching up. Am I the only one to feel this way?

The Jon-Theon scene felt incredibly rushed. Also lol at Jon saying my mother and father weren't married... :roll:

Absolutely loved the Arya-Brienne scene. The battle was epic. Even though it did not have the same emotional attachment for me as some of the earlier ones, it was still amazing to see a dragon in a proper battle.
You're not the only one who is feeling this way. The conversations don't have much depth. It's just dragons, war, dragonglass, kneel. Maybe the bar was set too high. I also don't see the chemistry yet. Kit is trying though :lol:

Sansa is written based on what the plot requires that week. She's a very uneven character now, which is a shame. I liked her this episode though. Arya was lovely too.

Jon-Theon felt like the writers ticking off a box and moving on. I get this impression with a lot of other scenes. Very connect the dots.

They're so heavy-handed with the RLJ scenes. I don't know if it is D&D dumbing things down for casual fans, or legit bad writing, or they just want to wrap up the show and dgaf.
Pigeon wrote:
Anyone notice that Bran hugged Arya back? Maybe he's learned a bit of social graces again. Then again, Meera....nah. Poor Meera...I love her.
I feel like D&D just don't want to bother with his character beyond exposition and WW. Which is a shame.

I'm going to miss Meera :(

BeardedOnion

Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:47 pm

Pigeon wrote:
He acted just as distant to me. I think he doesn't care about his sisters at all. It's sad that they were over the moon knowing he's alive given that he's indifferent about everyone.

Jack Bauer 24

Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:53 pm

Is the Arya/Sansa reunion satisfying?

Flayed Potatoes

Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:56 pm

Jack Bauer 24 wrote:
Imo yes.

BeardedOnion

Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:02 pm

Jack Bauer 24 wrote:
MUCH more so than the leaks led on.

I found it adorable, especially since I was expecting it to be "awkward".

Pigeon

Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:24 pm

Flayed Potatoes wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:45 pm
Pigeon wrote:
I feel like D&D just don't want to bother with his character beyond exposition and WW. Which is a shame.

I'm going to miss Meera :(
Me too, that scene really hit me. I understand that Bran is now essentially an info hub (and he does try to explain it as best he can despite being a robot), but I was really glad she brought up Jojen, Summer, and Hodor. She has been through so much. I would have loved to see her with the Stark girls.

Pigeon

Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:26 pm

BeardedOnion wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:47 pm
Pigeon wrote:
He acted just as distant to me. I think he doesn't care about his sisters at all. It's sad that they were over the moon knowing he's alive given that he's indifferent about everyone.
It seemed to me that Sansa must have warned Arya before they met (aside from her expression in the crypts), because although Arya was happy to see him, She didn't seem quite as devastated by his reaction. His mention of her list...what a moment!

• Information