Warrior with the flaming sword?

WotW Spoiler Town, with extensive House of the Dragon and Game of Thrones Spoilers including major leaks, filming spoilers, photos and all. Consider yourself warned!
vcdburn

Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:21 pm

All of the names, people, and who did who gets confusing to me so I thought I would just ask.

I hear that there is a guy with a flaming sword in the books. It becomes flaming after he kills his wife/lover with the sword and it catches fire. What're the chances that Jamie kills Cercie with Widow Maker and he is the guy with the flaming sword? He's got the metal hand to hold it...

trarecar

Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:28 pm

How could he grip the sword with a metal hand?

selena

Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:23 pm

vcdburn wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:21 pm
All of the names, people, and who did who gets confusing to me so I thought I would just ask.

I hear that there is a guy with a flaming sword in the books. It becomes flaming after he kills his wife/lover with the sword and it catches fire. What're the chances that Jamie kills Cercie with Widow Maker and he is the guy with the flaming sword? He's got the metal hand to hold it...
That is Azhor Ahai..a legend supposedly from the Age of Heros who killed his lover NissaNissa and created "Lightbringer" a flaming sword.
He is talked about by the followers of the Lord of Light (people like Melissandra) and supposedly he will rise again and wield Lightbringer to help defeat "the dark" (Nights King and company by different name)
is season 2 Mel proclaimed Stannis Azhor Ahai reborn and had him hold a sword of flame but later she said she had made a mistake

most people assume it is actually Jon who will be Azhor Ahai "reborn"..some think its Dany and there a few who think its the Hound

• Information