Potential biggest GOT shock ever final episode season 7?

evenwind

Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:57 pm

Dgskdive wrote:
Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:17 pm
Dany was fireproof her whole life (no blood magic required) as evident in S1E1, when she walked into a bath of hot water that her maids told her not to step into or she would be burned. I remember the scene, as it was the first time we got to see Emilia Clarke's wonderfully nude behind. :P
Beauteous hindquarters or not, there was another scene where Dany was handling a dragon's egg that she just gotten out of the fire. A maid grabbed it from her. The maid had burned hands, Dany did not.

Raeslewolhn

Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:59 pm

evenwind wrote:
Dgskdive wrote:
Dany was fireproof her whole life (no blood magic required) as evident in S1E1, when she walked into a bath of hot water that her maids told her not to step into or she would be burned. I remember the scene, as it was the first time we got to see Emilia Clarke's wonderfully nude behind. :P
Beauteous hindquarters or not, there was another scene where Dany was handling a dragon's egg that she just gotten out of the fire. A maid grabbed it from her. The maid had burned hands, Dany did not.
True.definitive. Dany is fireproof.

But Jon isn't :/

Meg22

Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:21 am

Raeslewolhn wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:40 pm
Meg22 wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:58 am
Raeslewolhn wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:49 am

I get your point. But she didn't die and get reborn. She remained living the whole time... Jon isn't fireproof.

I don't understand. It wasn't about Jon. It was about whether Dany is fireproof. My point is that blood magic was at work when Dany emerged from fire unscathed.
The initial post was a projection about Jon. So I was still on that topic in general.

If she wasn't fire proof, like in the books, she would have no hair, like in the books. I'm still waiting to see if show Dany is or isn't.
I don't think she is fire proof in the books. She used blood magic to survive the fire that birthed her dragons. Hair is dead - that Dany's gets hers burnt off is of no more significance than her clothes being burnt too.

Raeslewolhn

Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:15 pm

Meg22 wrote:
Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:21 am
Raeslewolhn wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:40 pm
Meg22 wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:58 am

I don't understand. It wasn't about Jon. It was about whether Dany is fireproof. My point is that blood magic was at work when Dany emerged from fire unscathed.
The initial post was a projection about Jon. So I was still on that topic in general.

If she wasn't fire proof, like in the books, she would have no hair, like in the books. I'm still waiting to see if show Dany is or isn't.
I don't think she is fire proof in the books. She used blood magic to survive the fire that birthed her dragons. Hair is dead - that Dany's gets hers burnt off is of no more significance than her clothes being burnt too.
That's what I said. Not fireproof in the books. She's not not fireproof. She is fireproof on the show. Sry if I wasn't clear.

Dgskdive

Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:53 pm

evenwind wrote:
Dgskdive wrote:
Forgot about that. So there are two instances where she should have, but didnt burn before any blood magic came into play.

MartianKing

Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:51 pm

This isn't fleshed out in any way, but getting back to the main topic of this post, I think we may very well have the loss of another Stark at the end of the season. The show hasn't had a major character loss in a while, and what better way to piss people off and have them talk about the show until the next season than have a major death to a favorite character? I'm betting a couple bucks on Sansa or Arya being the one going down, most likely from a white walker.

Raeslewolhn

Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:24 am

MartianKing wrote:
Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:51 pm
This isn't fleshed out in any way, but getting back to the main topic of this post, I think we may very well have the loss of another Stark at the end of the season. The show hasn't had a major character loss in a while, and what better way to piss people off and have them talk about the show until the next season than have a major death to a favorite character? I'm betting a couple bucks on Sansa or Arya being the one going down, most likely from a white walker.
1) maybe. But honestly I think LF has less relevance in the Great War Coming Soon. He's too focused on the throne.

2) Does GRRM's promise to his wife (not to kill Arya) become an unspoken clause in HBO getting copyright? Can DnD do that? If anything, Sansa or even Jon I'd bet first.

I think all Starks will make it to S8. They're really the main characters. Esp Bran. I think he gave the info to whoever actually wrote down ASOIAF. Like the books are from 'his' perspective. Maybe dictated to Sam because Maester style.

Ginevra

Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:43 pm

All currently living Starks but Sansa are guaranteed to make it to next season, at least, but I'm thinking that no one has to come back with Jon but Jon. So we could lose Thoros, Beric, the Hound, Gendry, Tormund, or Jorah. Or all of the above. We almost surely will lose Jaime and Cersei. Missandei, Grey Worm, Yara, Theon, Euron, Bronn, Littlefinger, Dolorous Edd - all could go.

As for soup pots, most folks cooked with iron in medieval times, right? Iron melts at 2800 F, quite a bit more than gold.

I love the imagery for the original post in this thread. I believe Viserys burned because, despite his true heritage, he was no true dragon of fire and blood but a scardey cat. Could Jon be unburnt? I'm not sure. I don't think we know enough to know exactly why Dany survived the fires, but there could be an explanation that would allow for Jon to be unburnt.

Jack Bauer 24

Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:47 am

Ginevra wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:43 pm
All currently living Starks but Sansa are guaranteed to make it to next season, at least, but I'm thinking that no one has to come back with Jon but Jon. So we could lose Thoros, Beric, the Hound, Gendry, Tormund, or Jorah. Or all of the above. We almost surely will lose Jaime and Cersei. Missandei, Grey Worm, Yara, Theon, Euron, Bronn, Littlefinger, Dolorous Edd - all could go.

As for soup pots, most folks cooked with iron in medieval times, right? Iron melts at 2800 F, quite a bit more than gold.

I love the imagery for the original post in this thread. I believe Viserys burned because, despite his true heritage, he was no true dragon of fire and blood but a scardey cat. Could Jon be unburnt? I'm not sure. I don't think we know enough to know exactly why Dany survived the fires, but there could be an explanation that would allow for Jon to be unburnt.
No way both Jaime and Cersei die in S7.

Needle

Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:30 am

Guys... Targaryens aren't fireproof, it's just Dany. The entire Summerhall tragedy is about a big group of Targaryens being burnt to death because of a failed attempt at hatching dragon eggs.
Dany is fireproof because of black magic, Drogo and Rhaego's deaths brought the dragons to life, and made her fireproof.
When she says "fire cannot kill a dragon" she doesn't mean that Viserys isn't a true Targaryen, because Targaryens were never fireproof. The only magical thing about them was being able to tame dragons and their physical appearance.
Her entire childhood, Viserys abused her, and kept telling her to fear him because he's a dragon and when dragons are awakened they are merciless. Saying he's not a dragon is sort of her way to denounce him and break free.
Just wanted to clear this up lol
Dgskdive wrote:
Meg22 wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:26 pm
Isn't blood magic required? Whose life will have to be sacrificed to make Jon fire-proof?

My issue with Jon being able to withstand fire is that he badly burned his hand way back in season 1 as well, when he killed his first Wight when it attacked the Lord Commander.

The only way Jon can be fireproof if he somehow got the ability when he died and was brought back to life.
I sometimes shower with the valve adjusted all the way on the hot side because it feels strangely nice, does that mean I'm a Targ? ;)
And someone mentioned her holding the dragon egg and not getting burnt, I'm pretty sure she did get burnt and just didn't notice because she was so mesmerized. In the books she grabs the eggs all the time, everyone else does too. It isn't made a big deal of so I guess they just added that scene for... visuals or whatever..?

• Information