Spoilers episode 5

WotW Spoiler Town, with extensive House of the Dragon and Game of Thrones Spoilers including major leaks, filming spoilers, photos and all. Consider yourself warned!
Jack Bauer 24

Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:32 pm

So Jon comes face to face with Drogon?

trarecar

Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:03 am

CravenRaven wrote:
Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:11 pm
Man, the way people hear rreeaacchhhh about criticizing the show based off of a half written paragraph summary.

Im excited for everything :)
OMG thank you. Annoying af.

Flayed Potatoes

Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:38 am

Jack Bauer 24 wrote:
Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:32 pm
So Jon comes face to face with Drogon?
Yes.

Mau mau

Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:14 pm

LOL at D&D hating Jon and hating that they have to keep him in the show. Jon's super fans are becoming annoying and paranoid just like Stannis' fans back in S2-S5.

elybe

Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:21 pm

Mau mau wrote:
Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:14 pm
LOL at D&D hating Jon and hating that they have to keep him in the show. Jon's super fans are becoming annoying and paranoid just like Stannis' fans back in S2-S5.
You know what's really annoying? Lacking the maturity to accept differing perspectives without flinging personal insults at the people expressing them. I'm sure your device has a scroll option. Maybe give that a go next time instead of taking passive-aggressive shots at posters who have every right to express their opinions without your judgement. You will encounter people online who disagree with you from time to time. You're free to suck it up and live and let live, just as I'm free to call it as I see it. Disagree all you like, but spare me the ad hominem BS. It doesn't do you any favors.

Mau mau

Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:49 pm

I can't really approach with maturity someone who really think that the creators of the show hate their main character. That's so nonsensical on so many levels.

I understand that someone doesn't like how they are writing him or any other character, but to say that D&D hate him and hate that they are forced to keep him in the show makes no sense at all. I'm sure that they are writing him in the way that they think is the best for the show and his character, just like every other decision that they've made.

Boudica

Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:17 pm

JennyT wrote:
Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:02 pm
I actually don't think they didn't know what to do with Jon this season.They needed him and Dany to hook up.Also they needed to divert Dany from her conquest.This fits naturally with his desire and mission to save humanity.So the path was clear.Obviously they also need the badass Kit action sequence and he can't meet Bran and Arya yet.I honestly don't know what other thing he could have done staying in the north.Play second fiddle to Sansa/LF?This way he is in the midst of action everywhere and his motivations throughout the season are clear.At the same he gets to meet a lot of new characters and gets much closer to his Targ side.
I don't know he does seem to be hanging around Dragonstone, it was a bit weird in the last episode when Dany left and he was still just hanging around there. But I have enjoyed Jon and Dany's scenes together, plus the Jon and Tyrion's scenes. The scenes on Dragonstone have been pretty good, I am looking forward to the Dragonstone scenes for this episode.

Why do you think they don't want Jon and Arya to meet up at this stage?

elybe

Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:58 pm

Mau mau wrote:
Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:49 pm
I can't really approach with maturity someone who really think that the creators of the show hate their main character. That's so nonsensical on so many levels.

I understand that someone doesn't like how they are writing him or any other character, but to say that D&D hate him and hate that they are forced to keep him in the show makes no sense at all. I'm sure that they are writing him in the way that they think is the best for the show and his character, just like every other decision that they've made.
I don't think D&D feel forced to keep him on the show, but they definitely have contradictory opinions about him (one side of which is undeniably disdainful) based on the views they expressed in the outline. They write that he learns nothing from his mistakes and is just a carbon copy of Ned and Robb (not the case for GRRM's Jon at all), is naive and oblivious (compared to GRRM's Jon who sees through people's bullshit, can sniff out Thorne and Slynt's plotting to take over the NW in ASOS from a mile away, and "doesn't miss much" in general), and while his book counterpart has a moderate amount of political savvy and social intuition, D&D write his show counterpart as politically tone deaf and utterly devoid of common sense or people skills. These are not decisions being made for the good of the show; they're decisions that boil down to their own biases and a piss poor understanding of the character they're adapting, and these are on full display in the outlines. The character they are writing is not GRRM's Jon Snow.

The assumption that anytime D&D throw characters under the bus it's for the betterment of the show has also been debunked numerous times. How did butchering Cat and Robb in Season 2 better the show? How was Jon leading Ygritte around on a rope while she called him a moron for two episodes better service to his character or to the plot than Jon's original actions in the books, which actually ensured the mission's success? How was Septgate good for the story? How was regressing Jaime after all he went through in Season 3 just to shove him into the failure of a Dorne plot better for the story? If you'd prefer to hear that I disagree with how they write Jon, then fine. I do. But I also think they have a pretty bipolar opinion of him, and the contempt end of the spectrum is tempered mostly by their high regard for Kit Harington and their enjoyment of writing him action sequences. At this point, watching his scenes has almost become a thrill because I never know which way the pendulum is going to swing.

Jack Bauer 24

Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:57 pm

I've heard teleportation is going to be really bad this episode.

JennyT

Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:56 am

Jack Bauer 24 wrote:
Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:57 pm
I've heard teleportation is going to be really bad this episode.
I have heard teleportation doesn't exist and time just passes.Very common in movies and tv shows.

• Information