Episode 6 leaked!!

WotW Spoiler Town, with extensive House of the Dragon and Game of Thrones Spoilers including major leaks, filming spoilers, photos and all. Consider yourself warned!
Mau mau

Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:09 pm

Jack Bauer 24 wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:23 pm
Mau mau wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:09 pm
Ser Gerold Dayne wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:44 pm
It may not be very long but it's a big scene and also a very emotional one.The episode itself is different than other big GoT episodes,it has this melancholic vibe as others have said.Music is also subtle and emotional.
Yes, it's not epic like BOTB for example, it's dark and melancholic. I mean a scene when it's dark and the army od the dead id there watching them and no one moves is very powerful.
I thought the dragons flame some wights this episode? That's not as epic as them burning slaver ships?
It is, but the episode has that tragic tone.

Flayed Potatoes

Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:12 pm

Jack Bauer 24 wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:44 pm
How far they've come. When Dany first flew Drogon in Daznak it seemed off, but then they really improved it in Seasons 6 and 7 so far. Now they have multiple characters on Drogon?! Does it look wonky?
It actually looks really good.

Mau mau

Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:14 pm

CGI polar bear looked really good. And wight they captured for the South looks great.

Jack Bauer 24

Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:16 pm

Mau mau wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:14 pm
CGI polar bear looked really good. And wight they captured for the South looks great.
Are the wight giants there?

Boudica

Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:18 pm

Jack Bauer 24 wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:40 pm
Is this the most visually stunning episode of the series with cgi? I can't wait to see e everyone flying off on Drogon. Sounds spectacular.
The cinematography as usual is stunning. Those Icelandic shot always looks beautiful, GoT can be dark at times so it is nice to have the white snowy backdrops.

There is a build-up of tension throughout the episode. This isn't suppose to be some epic battle with great CGI like episode 4. Although the CGI is great as always (I was lucky, I have downloaded a 720p version with perfect sound). This isn't a battle.

You feel melancholic, because you can feel the last desperation of the characters and many of them are tired of fighting but they keep on going, simply because there is no other choice. They are awaiting their deaths. If you look at the group, they are not a bunch flashy men, like Jaime for example, they are soldiers. They are just doing a thankless task for the realm, and they are trying to do their best, but they are completely outnumbered and overwhelmed, there is a sense of hopelessness not just for this group but for everyone who keeps on ignoring the true threat.

Even when Dany arrives, it doesn't feel like a relieve or a big save as with the Battle of the Bastards, everyone is just trying to survive and get away, they know that they don't stand a chance. In the end they lose the dragon and Jon (at that stage), it doesn't feel like anything was won or gained, and there is still worse to come. This episode affects you more emotionally, while episode 4 for example didn't effect me emotionally at all. I don't think the idea of these scenes was to create an epic CGI, feast there is something deeper to take away from it all.

Or that is my take on the intentions of the episode.

Chilli

Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:21 pm

I wonder if the actor who plays Gendry couldn't film more days because we don't see him anymore after he arrives at Eastwatch.

And why don't Jon & co follow Gendry to Eastwatch?

Jack Bauer 24

Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:22 pm

So Jon is saved and taken back to Eastwatch and then they cut back to beyond the Wall where NK reanimates Viserion?

Flayed Potatoes

Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:24 pm

Chilli wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:21 pm
I wonder if the actor who plays Gendry couldn't film more days because we don't see him anymore after he arrives at Eastwatch.

And why don't Jon & co follow Gendry to Eastwatch?
Jon and the rest would have slowed down Gendry. They had their weapons, captured wight, and iirc an injured Thoros to deal with.
Pigeon wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:06 pm
Viserion slowly sliding off the ice into the water damn near ended me. :(

And then Jon gets about 5 words to Benjen and boom gone. Will miss Joseph Mawle, brief as his appearances were.

Anyone else think Tormund was done? He and Sandor are quite the pair. And fire is still such an issue for Sandor. He may have had my favourite moment though, beaning a Wight with a rock and then calling him a dumb cunt. Hahahaha.
Lol I thought so. Even though I read the leaks and knew he was safe, HBO really tricked me for a moment and made me think they changed their minds. :lol:

Boudica

Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:24 pm

Flayed Potatoes wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:32 pm
Jack Bauer 24 wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:26 pm
"Beyond the Wall" is the title https://twitter.com/JamesHibberd/status ... 1026638849
That's so lame omg.
That is really lame, why did they have to be so secretive about it? This season has had terrible titles, I bet the last episode will just be called "Dragonpit" or "The Dragonpit".

Violator

Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:26 pm

FWfaS wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:58 pm
Does Dany learn that Jon died, in this episode?
Well... the answer to that is left for the viewer to ponder.

She does see his rippling torso towards the end with a lot deep wounds still in them (how they're not infected by now, I don't know - perhaps Westeros has a good national health service), and her look is one of shock and concern, but we can't read anymore into it than that.

I have been playing with the theory that Jon and Dany will have a child and that this child will have some significance, but after this episode and learning that Cersei is pregnant, I want this theory to be true more than ever.

• Information