ONLY for those that have seen S7E6 - Disappointed?

WotW Spoiler Town, with extensive House of the Dragon and Game of Thrones Spoilers including major leaks, filming spoilers, photos and all. Consider yourself warned!
Jack Bauer 24

Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:39 pm

I don't want to read all the spoilers/responses but is it really a disappointment?

PulledGroin

Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:57 pm

Jack Bauer 24 wrote:
I don't want to read all the spoilers/responses but is it really a disappointment?
To me it was, to others it was not, so you can make up your own mind when you see it. Best way I can describe it was it felt kind of like a movie version of a generic start trek episode, and very predicable...the one thing that GoT should never be. All the technical stuff was nice, the effects, the cinematography, the acting, etc., but every 5 minutes I would get yanked out of the suspended disbelief by bad wtf lazy plot holes which is something that very rarely happens with me with GoT.

LebronBMT

Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:05 pm

@Jack Bauer

It's the best episode this season. Though that isn't saying much since this season has been underwhelming. I think people are either upset over the Sansa vs. Arya plotline (which is perfectly legitimate and well within the characters imo) and the capture the wight mission in the first place probably because they fear for some of their favorite characters.

They suffer a lot because of the mission as everyone would expect, but I think it was necessary to move the plot forward. With this mission they are able to solidify support from Dany at the least--which is a big thing.

Ailsahf

Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:21 am

At first watch I loved the episode but after rewatching I have major questions. For example why the hell not try and toast the night king. Surly he's the major
Threat plus there were 3 dragons.

Secondly that looked like a special type of spear the NK had bit like his own personal dragon glass so when he reanimated the dragon into the ice dragon bit like when the children created WW. So was there an ice dragon before to create iced dragon glass?

Also wtf is Sansa sending Brianne to KL for? I know to keep her from helping arya but she could of sent her anywhere? The wall? To meet Jon? Dragon stone? Why KL?

Flayed Potatoes

Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:27 am

Ailsahf wrote:
At first watch I loved the episode but after rewatching I have major questions. For example why the hell not try and toast the night king. Surly he's the major

Secondly that looked like a special type of spear the NK had bit like his own personal dragon glass so when he reanimated the dragon into the ice dragon bit like when the children created WW. So was there an ice dragon before to create iced dragon glass?

Also wtf is Sansa sending Brianne to KL for? I know to keep her from helping arya but she could of sent her anywhere? The wall? To meet Jon? Dragon stone? Why KL?
The NK is protected by an entire army of wights. It's also likely Dany doesn't know who he is and she didn't see him when she arrived. Her main focus was to get the Snowvengers and their wight back to safety. And there's also one season left of the show, so it would be anticlimatic and pointless to end the big threat right now.

There is no ice dragon on the show. Just a wight dragon now.

Sansa is summoned for the big parlay in KL where Jon will show proof of the WW to Westeros, so everyone will join together and agree to an armistice. She doesn't want to go while Cersei is queen, so she sent Brienne to represent her.

Ailsahf

Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:36 am

Flayed Potatoes wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:27 am
Ailsahf wrote:

The NK is protected by an entire army of wights. It's also likely Dany doesn't know who he is and she didn't see him when she arrived. Her main focus was to get the Snowvengers and their wight back to safety. And there's also one season left of the show, so it would be anticlimatic and pointless to end the big threat right now.

There is no ice dragon on the show. Just a wight dragon now.

Sansa is summoned for the big parlay in KL where Jon will show proof of the WW to Westeros, so everyone will join together and agree to an armistice. She doesn't want to go while Cersei is queen, so she sent Brienne to represent her.
Firstly thank you

I get to kill the night king now would be very anti climatic but I would of thought an attempt would of been made.

I ment the wight dragon. But I get the point.

Thanks for the clarification on the Brianne part tho. I just thought it was LF pulling strings with the whole arya vs Sansa storyline. Which I have to say not favourite.

Flayed Potatoes

Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:41 am

Ailsahf wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:36 am

Firstly thank you

I get to kill the night king now would be very anti climatic but I would of thought an attempt would of been made.

I ment the wight dragon. But I get the point.

Thanks for the clarification on the Brianne part tho. I just thought it was LF pulling strings with the whole arya vs Sansa storyline. Which I have to say not favourite.
We saw in the episode that he passed through some dragonflames and nothing happened to him, so he's likely immune to them. Unlike the other WW, the NK was created differently.

Mau mau

Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:41 am

I completely understand where this conflict between Arya and Sansa is comming from and I really don't think it is forced. GRRM himself said that they will have to resolve some things between them. This is it.

I mean, Arya didn't have a good relationship with Sansa before. She betrayed her for Joffrey. Later, she knows that Sansa was married to a Lannister and a Bolton. She doesn't know the context. She knew that before she came to WF.

Sansa is now keeping LF in WF. She thinks that Sansa is not that harsh in defending Jon and she sees that Sansa has ambitions and she does think that she should be QITN. She then sees that Sansa is trying to hide a latter, so it just proves her further that Sansa is afraid that that would ruin her reputation in the North, which means that she wants to turn lords on her side. Arya knows that Jon wouldn't be angry because of that lattter, so it has to be Northern lords. And she saw Sansa trying to find that latter in Arya's room, so there is no reason for her to believe that LF lyied to Wolkan.

On the other hand, for Sansa Arya seems like a person she doesn't know. She has a list of people she is going to kill, she seems like a really dangerous fighter, she has faces of dead people,... We know that Sansa more than anything else wants respect, and she thinks Arya is not respecting her at all. The point is, Arya seems like a very unpredictable and strange person.

Mau mau

Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:47 am

BeardedOnion wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:50 pm

Then Arya comes, assumes the worst

Arya assumes the worst because that makes sense. Sansa isn't defending Jon that much, she can see on her face that Sansa thinks that they are right, that she should have been Queen. She keeps LF around. Arya is trying to scare Sansa to see her loyalty. And Sansa has history of betraying her family in the past.

Mau mau

Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:54 am

Jack Bauer 24 wrote:
LOL

Some people thought that S6 was disappointment. But we know what majority thinks of that season.

This is maybe the best season they ever made and this is the best episode in that season. I don't think this is better episode than TWOW for example, but it is great.

• Information