Episode 6 leaked!!

WotW Spoiler Town, with extensive House of the Dragon and Game of Thrones Spoilers including major leaks, filming spoilers, photos and all. Consider yourself warned!
Flayed Potatoes

Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:05 am

ChristinaB618 wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:51 am

Yep everything you said is 100% right! Wait, who in their right mind could complain that Jon is legitimate?! It is so central and important to the entire story
Tumblr, some people on twitter and generally people who don't understand storytelling or foreshadowing.

I've said this before 1-2 years ago on this site: A bastard discovering he is a secret bastard makes no sense.

ChristinaB618

Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:09 am

Flayed Potatoes wrote:
ChristinaB618 wrote:

Yep everything you said is 100% right! Wait, who in their right mind could complain that Jon is legitimate?! It is so central and important to the entire story
Tumblr, some people on twitter and generally people who don't understand storytelling or foreshadowing.

I've said this before 1-2 years ago on this site: A bastard discovering he is a secret bastard makes no sense.
This is true, because it wouldn't matter much who his parents were if he was still illegitimate. The big kicker is that he has the best claim to the throne now, not just that he is half Targaryen. I can't wait to see how everyone processes this information, but we probably have to wait until season 8

Flayed Potatoes

Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:22 am

ChristinaB618 wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:09 am
Flayed Potatoes wrote:
ChristinaB618 wrote:

This is true, because it wouldn't matter much who his parents were if he was still illegitimate. The big kicker is that he has the best claim to the throne now, not just that he is half Targaryen. I can't wait to see how everyone processes this information, but we probably have to wait until season 8
Yes. Jon having the biggest claim will also affect other characters and it should be interesting how they react. Another big kicker is that because of his parents' marriage, Jon can never be a Snow or a Stark by name, which should be pretty bitter for him. All he's ever wanted was to have the Stark name and throughout the show he's learned to embrace being a Snow. Another interesting thing is that Jon doesn't want to be a bastard, and while he will get his wish, he will get it at the cost of Ned not being his biological father. The only silver lining here is that he can have children that won't be called Snow now, but even then they'll have a family name Jon isn't necessarily attached to.

ChristinaB618

Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:29 am

Yes. Jon having the biggest claim will also affect other characters and it should be interesting how they react. Another big kicker is that because of his parents' marriage, Jon can never be a Snow or a Stark by name, which should be pretty bitter for him. All he's ever wanted was to have the Stark name and throughout the show he's learned to embrace being a Snow. Another interesting thing is that Jon doesn't want to be a bastard, and while he will get his wish, he will get it at the cost of Ned not being his biological father. The only silver lining here is that he can have children that won't be called Snow now, but even then they'll have a family name Jon isn't necessarily attached to.
I think even though Ned isn't his father, he will still consider him a father who raised him. I agree he won't care about being a legitimate heir to the throne, he never cared about that. He will be happy to habe a chance to marry Dany though I think. It is clear they are in love now so I think they will both just want to be together.

Mau mau

Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:37 am

Flayed Potatoes wrote:

And he has to be the King in the end. Ideas that his parentage will be only important for him as a peson and not for the plot, also is comming from people who don't understand storytelling.

Flayed Potatoes

Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:38 am

ChristinaB618 wrote:

I think even though Ned isn't his father, he will still consider him a father who raised him. I agree he won't care about being a legitimate heir to the throne, he never cared about that. He will be happy to habe a chance to marry Dany though I think. It is clear they are in love now so I think they will both just want to be together.
Rhaegar was his father, but he wasn't his daddy :P (Thanks Guardians of the Galaxy)

I can smell the Jonerys wedding a mile away.

Jack Bauer 24

Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:46 am

Jon Snowed wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:12 am
Jack Bauer 24 wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:35 pm
Does Dany make eye contact with NK? Do they show her reaction to seeing the WW for the first time?
No Jack, it's only Jon and the Night King but even that is fairly low key, I think it could have been better done. I feel the final confrontration will be between JOn and the Night King in S8.
Do they make eye contact? Jon and NK?

Jack Bauer 24

Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:53 am

In the promo pics Sansa is reading a scroll while Brienne looks on. Was that from Cersei requesting everyone go to KL for the armistice? Shouldn't Cersei wait until she knows the Wight expedition was successful before sending for everyone? Sounds premature.

Ginevra

Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:04 am

Sam the Slayer wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:16 am
- I don't think they're there for more than just the night and then a few hours. I think they would be able to manage that without food - adrenaline does a lot to your body - but I don't know how they did it without any water, except for Thoros's wine.
One can survive for weeks and weeks without food, assuming one isn't already starving when starting a fast. On a water fast, a person loses between half a pound and three pounds a day, depending on size and metabolism, and my guess is that every man there could have easily lost 20 pounds or more before becoming so emaciated that they would literally have starved to death. Adrenaline might burn a wee bit more calories but not significantly more.

A person can typically survive three days without water, but they were standing on a rock on a lake with a flaming sword that could melt snow and ice.

The cold was their biggest enemy, with a close second being the Hound who was stupid enough to start throwing rocks at a previously complacent army.

ChristinaB618

Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:16 pm

Flayed Potatoes wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:38 am
ChristinaB618 wrote:

Rhaegar was his father, but he wasn't his daddy :P (Thanks Guardians of the Galaxy)

I can smell the Jonerys wedding a mile away.
Yesss!!! I am psyched I always wanted them to wed. I am just so pleasantly surprised by the tenderness that has developed between the two of them. I expected an alliance before I saw this season, but I did not anticipate their love blossoming the way it has. The two strongest leaders (strong in the sense of strength of character and morality) coming together and definitely having a Targaryen baby in the future almost feels too good to be true for the same show that killed Ned Stark and had Viserion become a wight before our eyes.

• Information