Potential biggest GOT shock ever final episode season 7?

User avatar
Grandmaester Flash
Posts: 76
Joined: Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:54 pm
Location: England

Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:39 am

Jack Bauer 24 wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:47 am
I really, really hope that wasn't a spoiler.

User avatar
Jack Bauer 24
Posts: 208
Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:05 pm

Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:48 am

Grandmaester Flash wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:39 am
Jack Bauer 24 wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:47 am
I really, really hope that wasn't a spoiler.
It's not. I just don't think there's any way either one die this season considering Jaime just survived the loot train massacre.

User avatar
evenwind
Posts: 88
Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:07 pm

Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:06 am

Needle wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:30 am

And someone mentioned her holding the dragon egg and not getting burnt, I'm pretty sure she did get burnt and just didn't notice because she was so mesmerized. In the books she grabs the eggs all the time, everyone else does too. It isn't made a big deal of so I guess they just added that scene for... visuals or whatever..?
Possible, but not what they showed (first clip):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09grqS--BHU

If it didn't mean anything, they managed to muddy the waters pretty good.

User avatar
Needle
Posts: 39
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:07 pm

Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:15 pm

evenwind wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:06 am
Needle wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:30 am

And someone mentioned her holding the dragon egg and not getting burnt, I'm pretty sure she did get burnt and just didn't notice because she was so mesmerized. In the books she grabs the eggs all the time, everyone else does too. It isn't made a big deal of so I guess they just added that scene for... visuals or whatever..?
Possible, but not what they showed (first clip):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09grqS--BHU

If it didn't mean anything, they managed to muddy the waters pretty good.
That does seem odd, maybe it was just a hint of what's going to happen in Dany's future. But upon rewatching the clip, you can see Dany is grabbing the egg by the sides, and while it might seem uncomfortable, that's not enough to cause a burn. If that was all it took to injure skin, all of the kids who cook potatoes on bonfires would have lifelong scars :geek: Meanwhile, Irri grabbed the egg from the bottom, the side that made contact with the fire, so naturally that side would be hotter. D&D aren't the best writers, in more than one occassion they wrote a scene that made no sense, and it existed just for the sake of progressing the plot or simple shock value. So the scene could mean nothing, really. Just an interesting visual that will make viewers think, but who knows
Image

User avatar
evenwind
Posts: 88
Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:07 pm

Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:47 pm

They also included a scene where Jon burned his hand. I think we're being trolled.

Dennai
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:33 am

Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:30 pm

evenwind wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:47 pm
They also included a scene where Jon burned his hand. I think we're being trolled.
And Maester Aemon's corpse got burnt in his funeral pyre. Targaryen were never fire proof in books or show. That's just Dany.

Dennai
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:33 am

Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:34 pm

Raeslewolhn wrote:
Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:15 pm
Meg22 wrote:
Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:21 am
Raeslewolhn wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:40 pm


That's what I said. Not fireproof in the books. She's not not fireproof. She is fireproof on the show. Sry if I wasn't clear.
No fireproof in the books, but at the very least I'd say that she is fire resistent. She's not only had bathed in extremely hot water her whole life, she survived Drogon's flames in Daznak pit with barely any harm.

User avatar
Dgskdive
Posts: 26
Joined: Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:09 pm

Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:13 am

Needle wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:30 am
Guys... Targaryens aren't fireproof, it's just Dany. The entire Summerhall tragedy is about a big group of Targaryens being burnt to death because of a failed attempt at hatching dragon eggs.
Dany is fireproof because of black magic, Drogo and Rhaego's deaths brought the dragons to life, and made her fireproof.
When she says "fire cannot kill a dragon" she doesn't mean that Viserys isn't a true Targaryen, because Targaryens were never fireproof. The only magical thing about them was being able to tame dragons and their physical appearance.
Her entire childhood, Viserys abused her, and kept telling her to fear him because he's a dragon and when dragons are awakened they are merciless. Saying he's not a dragon is sort of her way to denounce him and break free.
Just wanted to clear this up lol
Dgskdive wrote:
Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:17 pm
Meg22 wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:26 pm
Isn't blood magic required? Whose life will have to be sacrificed to make Jon fire-proof?
Dany was fireproof her whole life (no blood magic required) as evident in S1E1, when she walked into a bath of hot water that her maids told her not to step into or she would be burned. I remember the scene, as it was the first time we got to see Emilia Clarke's wonderfully nude behind. :P

My issue with Jon being able to withstand fire is that he badly burned his hand way back in season 1 as well, when he killed his first Wight when it attacked the Lord Commander.

The only way Jon can be fireproof if he somehow got the ability when he died and was brought back to life.
I sometimes shower with the valve adjusted all the way on the hot side because it feels strangely nice, does that mean I'm a Targ? ;)
And someone mentioned her holding the dragon egg and not getting burnt, I'm pretty sure she did get burnt and just didn't notice because she was so mesmerized. In the books she grabs the eggs all the time, everyone else does too. It isn't made a big deal of so I guess they just added that scene for... visuals or whatever..?

There was a specific scene were Dany put the eggs on a fire and let them sit there. She picked it up and one of her Dothraki handmaidens grabbed it out of Dany's hand to keep her from hurting herself and the Dothraki's hand was shown to be burnt and Dany helped her with it. Also the bath scene was specific that the water was to hot and she should not enter. Dani has been fireproof from birth. They made a point of showing it.

User avatar
Needle
Posts: 39
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:07 pm

Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:30 am

Dgskdive wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:13 am
Needle wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:30 am
Guys... Targaryens aren't fireproof, it's just Dany. The entire Summerhall tragedy is about a big group of Targaryens being burnt to death because of a failed attempt at hatching dragon eggs.
Dany is fireproof because of black magic, Drogo and Rhaego's deaths brought the dragons to life, and made her fireproof.
When she says "fire cannot kill a dragon" she doesn't mean that Viserys isn't a true Targaryen, because Targaryens were never fireproof. The only magical thing about them was being able to tame dragons and their physical appearance.
Her entire childhood, Viserys abused her, and kept telling her to fear him because he's a dragon and when dragons are awakened they are merciless. Saying he's not a dragon is sort of her way to denounce him and break free.
Just wanted to clear this up lol
Dgskdive wrote:
Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:17 pm


Dany was fireproof her whole life (no blood magic required) as evident in S1E1, when she walked into a bath of hot water that her maids told her not to step into or she would be burned. I remember the scene, as it was the first time we got to see Emilia Clarke's wonderfully nude behind. :P

My issue with Jon being able to withstand fire is that he badly burned his hand way back in season 1 as well, when he killed his first Wight when it attacked the Lord Commander.

The only way Jon can be fireproof if he somehow got the ability when he died and was brought back to life.
I sometimes shower with the valve adjusted all the way on the hot side because it feels strangely nice, does that mean I'm a Targ? ;)
And someone mentioned her holding the dragon egg and not getting burnt, I'm pretty sure she did get burnt and just didn't notice because she was so mesmerized. In the books she grabs the eggs all the time, everyone else does too. It isn't made a big deal of so I guess they just added that scene for... visuals or whatever..?

There was a specific scene were Dany put the eggs on a fire and let them sit there. She picked it up and one of her Dothraki handmaidens grabbed it out of Dany's hand to keep her from hurting herself and the Dothraki's hand was shown to be burnt and Dany helped her with it. Also the bath scene was specific that the water was to hot and she should not enter. Dani has been fireproof from birth. They made a point of showing it.
I literally made an entire post about that scene, go back a few pages on this thread and read it.
Image

User avatar
trarecar
Posts: 50
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:48 am

Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:21 am

I think THE SHOW has made Dany is fireproof, and that's really what we're talking about, the show, not the books.

They've made it clear that Jon is not fireproof. Too big of a spoiler, and he's likely just not fire resistant anyway.

No way Cersei dies until next season. I agree that Jamie will also die.

Besides the Starks, Tyrion, Jon and Dany (and I don't think both of them will survive either), everyone else is cannon fodder.

Post Reply
  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests