Episode 6 leaked!!

WotW Spoiler Town, with extensive House of the Dragon and Game of Thrones Spoilers including major leaks, filming spoilers, photos and all. Consider yourself warned!
CravenRaven

Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:26 pm

This was definitely the big budget, hollywood style, high fantasy episode of game of thrones. Full of Deus ex machina and convenient plot devices to keep the major characters safe.

And I am ok with that. Beats any major high budget summer blockbuster. Full of thrills, beautiful CGI, tension, and emotions. Brilliant character interactions and a wonderful melancholy tone.

But its definitely a very very major shift. None of us are used to "Game of Thrones" indulging audiences in the usual/expected thrills of classic storytelling. We are used to our expectations being subverted, and this episode does not.

However, lets all enjoy it while we can... Next season plot armor will cease to exist and will be a bloodbath.

Sometimes we need to take a step back and realize that what GOT delivers episode after episode is not normal. This is a very special TV show.

elybe

Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:17 pm

ChristinaB618 wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:16 pm
The two strongest leaders (strong in the sense of strength of character and morality) coming together and definitely having a Targaryen baby in the future almost feels too good to be true for the same show that killed Ned Stark and had Viserion become a wight before our eyes.
Oh, the show definitely has us well-trained to expect tragedy and hero deaths at every turn! Look how many unspoiled people are expecting most of the Magnificent 7 to die, when in fact 6 of them will come back safe. GRRM pretty much admitted in his original proposal that he intended to kill off several sympathetic protagonists early on (Ned, Cat, Robb) in order to create the expectation among his readers that anyone could die. Worked like a charm.

QueenofThrones

Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:21 pm

elybe wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:17 pm
Oh, the show definitely has us well-trained to expect tragedy and hero deaths at every turn! Look how many unspoiled people are expecting most of the Magnificent 7 to die, when in fact 6 of them will come back safe. GRRM pretty much admitted in his original proposal that he intended to kill off several sympathetic protagonists early on (Ned, Cat, Robb) in order to create the expectation among his readers that anyone could die. Worked like a charm.
Yup I'm unspoiled (just watched this epi since I'm going out of internet range this weekend) and I def thought at least 3/7 and probably 4/7 would die. Kind of a letdown (but not nearly as bad as Jaime the floating knight though :lol: )

ChristinaB618

Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:35 pm

Yes I totally thought Jorah, Tormund, Berric, Thoros, and Gendry were ALL dead. It was nice to see that only one died. However Viserion dying was a major heartbreak for me, so it still kind of evens out. After all these seasons of watching the bad rulers triumph and heroes die, I am all for traditional storytelling where heroes triumph for next season. We deserve a happy ending after all of this! No matter what it will be bitter sweet because the wars and the war for the dawn have had/will have MASSIVE casualties.

Aunt Dany

Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:14 pm

Again? What's up with HBO? I wonder if this is being done on purpose to create additional hype.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:19 pm

CravenRaven wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:26 pm
We are used to our expectations being subverted, and this episode does not.
If you expect for your expectations to be subverted, this episode by not subverting your expectations is subverting expectation that your expectations will be subverted. :!: :idea: :lol:

Jack Bauer 24

Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:37 pm

Jon and Dany hookup this epsidoe? I was on YT and a GoT video popped up titled "Jon Snow does not love me" and it had Dany in her "Beyond the Wall" dress, but the episode description says they hook up? Does Jon tell her he doesn't love her?

Pigeon

Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:15 pm

I'm still wondering why they weren't more huddled together on the island and would have notice Thoros before he turned into an ice cube. I mean, yes he was injured and likely in shock, but he was climbing a bloody mountain with them afterwards...

I'm assuming Bran still doesn't pick up all of the channels yet, because can you imagine if he had been able to see what was going on? He could have messed with the Night King. Or gotten everyone killed. Lol.

scottiB

Jack Bauer 24 wrote:
Jon and Dany hookup this epsidoe? I was on YT and a GoT video popped up titled "Jon Snow does not love me" and it had Dany in her "Beyond the Wall" dress, but the episode description says they hook up? Does Jon tell her he doesn't love her?
They're on the doorstep of hooking up. They held hands to comfort each other as Jon pledged to her. She pulled her hand away, so he could rest. Next week they'll get it on.

Jack Bauer 24

Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:40 pm

scottiB wrote:
Jack Bauer 24 wrote:
They're on the doorstep of hooking up. They held hands to comfort each other as Jon pledged to her. She pulled her hand away, so he could rest. Next week they'll get it on.
She pulled her hand away? Why? And shouldn't she be mourning the loss of Viserion instead?

• Information