The Dragon Has Three Heads

WotW Spoiler Town, with extensive House of the Dragon and Game of Thrones Spoilers including major leaks, filming spoilers, photos and all. Consider yourself warned!
trarecar

Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:08 pm

Thoughts on Rhaegar didn't mean it as riders at all, but simply children? He married Lyanna to have a third child. Elia could not have any more. He was the dragon in this instance, so to speak.

Jon Snowed

Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:37 pm

Well if there are three dragon riders we can now discount Tyrion/Bran as it's very clearly Dany, Jon and the Nights King and I'm certain this is coming from GRRM not something D&D have made up.

ChristinaB618

Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:41 pm

Ohh wow!! I didn't even think about the dragon having three heads to refer to the NK. I always felt it meant there would be 3 rulers of westeros at the end (Jon, Dany, Tyrion). This NK stuff is cray

Flayed Potatoes

Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:46 pm

The dragon (Rhaegar = The Last Dragon) had three heads (three children). It's an R+L=J hint. He's basically telling Dany in the HOTU vision that he had a third child and that's who she should look for.

Felix

Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:18 pm

The Dragon has 3 heads, we know Danny and Jon are two of them, but I was thinking maybe their child is destined to represent the 3rd one?

I know Danny thinks she can't have another child, but I think because of the power the two of them both have in their blood it will be possible, only by Jon.

ChristinaB618

Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:03 am

Felix wrote:
The Dragon has 3 heads, we know Danny and Jon are two of them, but I was thinking maybe their child is destined to represent the 3rd one?

I know Danny thinks she can't have another child, but I think because of the power the two of them both have in their blood it will be possible, only by Jon.
I really think Jon and Dany will conceive. Maybe not this season, but I think they will and I also hope their child is the third head of the dragon. She has said the dragons are the only children she will ever have, but I think she is convinced she is barren because Miri Maz Durr said that line to her that made her believe that the blood magic took away her fertility. In the books though at the end there is a scene that makes it clear thay she either gets her period or has a miscarriage, so she clearly is fertile and can bear children. All the talk of her being unable to have babies in this episode just convinced me that she will now

trarecar

Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:48 pm

Flayed Potatoes wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:46 pm
The dragon (Rhaegar = The Last Dragon) had three heads (three children). It's an R+L=J hint. He's basically telling Dany in the HOTU vision that he had a third child and that's who she should look for.
I believe this to be true. The whole time folks have been thinking about riders, but it's actually been children. LOL It took one dragon dying to kill years and years of speculation.

BeardedOnion

Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:53 pm

I am so fucking happy Tyrion isn't the third one.

Holy shit that would have been the worst twist in the history of man.

trarecar

Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:59 pm

I think all this talk about children and heirs is pointing to Dany having a surprise pregnancy, but I tend to believe the prophecy, so I don't know. If they show it, it will happen (unless they're keeping it as a surprise like Cersei's death), so I really think Dany dies at the end, even if she does end up pregnant. :(

Dyanna

Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:02 pm

Felix wrote:

I've always thought believing the spiteful words of a witch with an axe to grind was a mistake. Just because your firstborn dies doesn't mean you can't have children. Prophecies are dangerous and often a load of old tosh lol. Superstitious claptrap and the kind of thing people placed way too much store in centuries ago.

• Information