ONLY for those that have seen S7E6 - Disappointed?

WotW Spoiler Town, with extensive House of the Dragon and Game of Thrones Spoilers including major leaks, filming spoilers, photos and all. Consider yourself warned!
LebronBMT

Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:11 pm

PulledGroin wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:29 am
LebronBMT wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:29 pm
Blackfyre_72 wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:09 pm

it would have been better if Dany decided herself to go Beyond the Wall and would have made more sense given her previous conversation with Tyrion.
I was thinking exactly this. I fear they have rushed this season despite HBO begging them to produce more episodes. The fault for this lies squarely on the shoulders of D&D.

Edit: Also, it would have made more sense if they sent the Hound back carrying the wight with the team following them and defending the Hound's back. Dany flying over just because of nervs or something and in the end making the right, even heroic decision, to go north would have been much better.
I believe the main problem, as with everything is money. When GoT fist came out, everyone was under contract for 6 seasons. when season 6 ended, everyone wanted more money and negotiated said increases on a per episode basis. So how do you pay everyone more in season 7 with the same budget as season 6? Fewer episodes. Thus, the rushed story lines, people moving across the continent in minutes instead of seasons, the who cares attitude of the disjointed plots, etc. And money still seems to be a big issue for some reason because the producers, directors, writers still bitch about how much the CGI for the Dragons costs.

Also not sure why HBO caved to them, unless they had some clause in their contract that protected them, but 10 eps = 3 months of subs, whereas 7 and 6 = 2 months of subs. HBO is the big loser here. And I for one will be cancelling HBO once GoT is over because there is nothing of interest that they produce other than GoT and WW, neither of which will be back until 2019 apparently, so until then, I'll spend that 15 bucks on Netflix instead.
Damn. I guess we should blame these greedy fuck actors. This explanation makes a lot more sense for why there are less episodes.

LebronBMT

Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:14 pm

BeardedOnion wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:58 am
LufkinAg wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:51 am
BeardedOnion wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:22 pm

Uh. How did she betray her family there? She told Ned told the truth beforehand and said she did the right thing and Arya understood why after.

Blame Ned, not Sansa because he said she's doing everything he taught her. Sansa has not betrayed her family once.

Dude you are wrong. she told Ned the truth before hand but Ned never agreed it was the right thing in the book nor the series. He merely stated in the series she couldn't betray Joffrey because that was going to be her husband. Arya never agreed that Sansa did the right thing. And Ned never said she's doing everything he taught her. You just made that up. She betrayed her family and it cost her her direwolf. Think what you want but your opinion is not based on real facts just things you thought happened.
Watch the scene again lol

Ned fully backs Sansa's decision and does NOT believe she betrayed the family.
I don't remember Sansa and Ned talking, only Ned and Arya. Regardless, Sansa betrayed Arya and the butcher's boy for Joffrey and it cost her her dire wolf and the butcher's boy's life--along with a subplot of her suffering for 5 seasons.

ChristinaB618

Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:47 pm

Jack Bauer 24 wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:35 pm
Jon and Dany hookup this epsidoe? I was on YT and a GoT video popped up titled "Jon Snow does not love me" and it had Dany in her "Beyond the Wall" dress, but the episode description says they hook up? Does Jon tell her he doesn't love her?
They don't hook up this episode. I saw someone else explained the whole "Jon Snow is not in love with me" line, but I wanted to add that there is a major bonding scene for Jon and Dany, but it does not involve a hook up in ep6. An awesome scene for Jon and Dany fans

Jack Bauer 24

Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:50 pm

ChristinaB618 wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:47 pm
Jack Bauer 24 wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:35 pm
Jon and Dany hookup this epsidoe? I was on YT and a GoT video popped up titled "Jon Snow does not love me" and it had Dany in her "Beyond the Wall" dress, but the episode description says they hook up? Does Jon tell her he doesn't love her?
They don't hook up this episode. I saw someone else explained the whole "Jon Snow is not in love with me" line, but I wanted to add that there is a major bonding scene for Jon and Dany, but it does not involve a hook up in ep6. An awesome scene for Jon and Dany fans
Why doesn't she think he loves her?

darwin-t

Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:21 pm

The interaction between Arya and Sansa was done to set up a scene in Episode 7, when Sansa calls Arya to come before her.

darwin-t

Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:01 am

What did Dany say before she told Jon that he needed to rest? I backed it up several times and could not make out what she said. He replied "You do."

LufkinAg

Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:51 am

Chilli wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:41 am
LufkinAg wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:51 am
BeardedOnion wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:22 pm

Uh. How did she betray her family there? She told Ned told the truth beforehand and said she did the right thing and Arya understood why after.

Blame Ned, not Sansa because he said she's doing everything he taught her. Sansa has not betrayed her family once.

Dude you are wrong. she told Ned the truth before hand but Ned never agreed it was the right thing in the book nor the series. He merely stated in the series she couldn't betray Joffrey because that was going to be her husband. Arya never agreed that Sansa did the right thing. And Ned never said she's doing everything he taught her. You just made that up. She betrayed her family and it cost her her direwolf. Think what you want but your opinion is not based on real facts just things you thought happened.
No you are wrong, Ned doesn't speak to Sansa before because she was immediately brought to the Robert and Cersei.
Read the book then talk to me

Chilli

Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:20 am

I did read the books, but we're here talking about the show.

Dyanna

Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:31 am

darwin-t wrote:
Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:01 am
What did Dany say before she told Jon that he needed to rest? I backed it up several times and could not make out what she said. He replied "You do."
She said "I hope I deserve it"

BeardedOnion

Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:22 pm

LebronBMT wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:11 pm

Damn. I guess we should blame these greedy fuck actors. This explanation makes a lot more sense for why there are less episodes.
The actors aren't greedy at all. You might not be famliar with the way the industry works because EVERY single actor and actress demands more when the show is popular and they clearly can get more. You'll have to be completely brain dead not to demand a raise when you can easily get one because you'll basically be setting yourself up to be soft and easily used if you don't. The cast of The Walking Dead is doing the same.

If there's ANY kind of money issue, blame HBO, this show is MASSIVE and will make a big profit no matter what. HBO should be pouring as much money as they can. It's not the actors fault the show is immensely popular.

• Information