ONLY for those that have seen S7E6 - Disappointed?

WotW Spoiler Town, with extensive Game of Thrones Season 8 Spoilers including major leaks, filming spoilers, photos and all. Consider yourself warned!
Meg22
Posts: 60
Joined: Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:24 am

Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:02 pm

LebronBMT wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:14 pm
BeardedOnion wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:58 am
LufkinAg wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:51 am



Dude you are wrong. she told Ned the truth before hand but Ned never agreed it was the right thing in the book nor the series. He merely stated in the series she couldn't betray Joffrey because that was going to be her husband. Arya never agreed that Sansa did the right thing. And Ned never said she's doing everything he taught her. You just made that up. She betrayed her family and it cost her her direwolf. Think what you want but your opinion is not based on real facts just things you thought happened.
Watch the scene again lol

Ned fully backs Sansa's decision and does NOT believe she betrayed the family.
I don't remember Sansa and Ned talking, only Ned and Arya. Regardless, Sansa betrayed Arya and the butcher's boy for Joffrey and it cost her her dire wolf and the butcher's boy's life--along with a subplot of her suffering for 5 seasons.
Ned told Arya that Sansa had no choice - she had to back Joffrey as he was to be her husband. Sansa's family betrothed her to Joffrey. Sansa may have wanted it, but ultimately it was her family that was responsible for her betrothal to Joffrey and Sansa did what she was trained by her family to do. Sansa didn't confirm Joffrey's story anyway. She said she didn't see anything. Sansa is not responsible for the actions of others. It wasn't her fault the butcher's son and her direwolf were killed. But even if Sansa has spoken up they still would likely have been killed. Joffrey and Cercei would still have wanted their pound of flesh.

darwin-t
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:36 pm

Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:35 pm

Luckily for HBO, there will be a lot fewer actors to pay next season.

LebronBMT
Posts: 26
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:53 pm

Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:46 pm

BeardedOnion wrote:
Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:22 pm
LebronBMT wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:11 pm



Damn. I guess we should blame these greedy fuck actors. This explanation makes a lot more sense for why there are less episodes.
The actors aren't greedy at all. You might not be famliar with the way the industry works because EVERY single actor and actress demands more when the show is popular and they clearly can get more. You'll have to be completely brain dead not to demand a raise when you can easily get one because you'll basically be setting yourself up to be soft and easily used if you don't. The cast of The Walking Dead is doing the same.

If there's ANY kind of money issue, blame HBO, this show is MASSIVE and will make a big profit no matter what. HBO should be pouring as much money as they can. It's not the actors fault the show is immensely popular.
HBO is not hesitant with the purse strings as far as I can tell. They begged D&D for more episodes. The actors are greedy as fuck just like the rest of Hollywood there is no way around that. Yes, anyone in their position would do the same, but the significant decline in storytelling this season compared to the previous 6 is glaring, and so everyone involved in GOT's production is at fault.

LebronBMT
Posts: 26
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:53 pm

Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:51 pm

Meg22 wrote:
Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:02 pm
LebronBMT wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:14 pm
BeardedOnion wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:58 am


Watch the scene again lol

Ned fully backs Sansa's decision and does NOT believe she betrayed the family.
I don't remember Sansa and Ned talking, only Ned and Arya. Regardless, Sansa betrayed Arya and the butcher's boy for Joffrey and it cost her her dire wolf and the butcher's boy's life--along with a subplot of her suffering for 5 seasons.
Ned told Arya that Sansa had no choice - she had to back Joffrey as he was to be her husband. Sansa's family betrothed her to Joffrey. Sansa may have wanted it, but ultimately it was her family that was responsible for her betrothal to Joffrey and Sansa did what she was trained by her family to do. Sansa didn't confirm Joffrey's story anyway. She said she didn't see anything. Sansa is not responsible for the actions of others. It wasn't her fault the butcher's son and her direwolf were killed. But even if Sansa has spoken up they still would likely have been killed. Joffrey and Cercei would still have wanted their pound of flesh.
I don't remember this conversation between Sansa and Ned happening. I don't think it did. I know Ned did have a convo with Arya about this, and said something similar to what you suggest yes. What I do remember are clear, separate seasons from different episodes where Ned and Cateyln in their personal conversations with Sansa try to change her mind about Joffrey. Ned tells Sansa they have to leave King's Landing (right before he is stabbed by Jaime's guard in the street fight) and Sansa argues with him about Joffrey and staying in king's landing. Ned tells her to pack her things and that he'll find a suitable boy for Sansa and Sansa protests. Something similar happened with Catelyn and Sansa. The point is, Sansa's family DID NOT bethroth Sansa to Joffrey.

BeardedOnion
Posts: 39
Joined: Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:33 pm

Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:16 pm

LebronBMT wrote:
Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:51 pm
Meg22 wrote:
Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:02 pm
LebronBMT wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:14 pm


I don't remember Sansa and Ned talking, only Ned and Arya. Regardless, Sansa betrayed Arya and the butcher's boy for Joffrey and it cost her her dire wolf and the butcher's boy's life--along with a subplot of her suffering for 5 seasons.
Ned told Arya that Sansa had no choice - she had to back Joffrey as he was to be her husband. Sansa's family betrothed her to Joffrey. Sansa may have wanted it, but ultimately it was her family that was responsible for her betrothal to Joffrey and Sansa did what she was trained by her family to do. Sansa didn't confirm Joffrey's story anyway. She said she didn't see anything. Sansa is not responsible for the actions of others. It wasn't her fault the butcher's son and her direwolf were killed. But even if Sansa has spoken up they still would likely have been killed. Joffrey and Cercei would still have wanted their pound of flesh.
I don't remember this conversation between Sansa and Ned happening. I don't think it did. I know Ned did have a convo with Arya about this, and said something similar to what you suggest yes. What I do remember are clear, separate seasons from different episodes where Ned and Cateyln in their personal conversations with Sansa try to change her mind about Joffrey. Ned tells Sansa they have to leave King's Landing (right before he is stabbed by Jaime's guard in the street fight) and Sansa argues with him about Joffrey and staying in king's landing. Ned tells her to pack her things and that he'll find a suitable boy for Sansa and Sansa protests. Something similar happened with Catelyn and Sansa. The point is, Sansa's family DID NOT bethroth Sansa to Joffrey.
Ned did say he was going to marry her to Joff. Also at the end of the day, Sansa was a sheltered child who wasn't told a single bad thing about the world. Blaming her and not Ned is silly.

ChristinaB618
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:06 pm

Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:48 pm

Jack Bauer 24 wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:50 pm
ChristinaB618 wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:47 pm
Jack Bauer 24 wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:35 pm
Jon and Dany hookup this epsidoe? I was on YT and a GoT video popped up titled "Jon Snow does not love me" and it had Dany in her "Beyond the Wall" dress, but the episode description says they hook up? Does Jon tell her he doesn't love her?
They don't hook up this episode. I saw someone else explained the whole "Jon Snow is not in love with me" line, but I wanted to add that there is a major bonding scene for Jon and Dany, but it does not involve a hook up in ep6. An awesome scene for Jon and Dany fans
Why doesn't she think he loves her?
It isn't entirely clear that she doesn't think that. She says it, but it is kind of like when someone likes you and you are shy about it or don't want to show that you are excited that they like you so you play it cool when someone says they like you, you're like...they don't like me. It seemed like the same type of thing to me. Tyrion suggested he was in love with her and she said it like "Jon Snow's not in love with me" as if she was implying like "I don't want to say it and jinx it because I hope it is true". If that makes sense

Meg22
Posts: 60
Joined: Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:24 am

Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:04 am

LebronBMT wrote:
Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:51 pm
Meg22 wrote:
Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:02 pm
LebronBMT wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:14 pm


I don't remember Sansa and Ned talking, only Ned and Arya. Regardless, Sansa betrayed Arya and the butcher's boy for Joffrey and it cost her her dire wolf and the butcher's boy's life--along with a subplot of her suffering for 5 seasons.
Ned told Arya that Sansa had no choice - she had to back Joffrey as he was to be her husband. Sansa's family betrothed her to Joffrey. Sansa may have wanted it, but ultimately it was her family that was responsible for her betrothal to Joffrey and Sansa did what she was trained by her family to do. Sansa didn't confirm Joffrey's story anyway. She said she didn't see anything. Sansa is not responsible for the actions of others. It wasn't her fault the butcher's son and her direwolf were killed. But even if Sansa has spoken up they still would likely have been killed. Joffrey and Cercei would still have wanted their pound of flesh.
I don't remember this conversation between Sansa and Ned happening. I don't think it did. I know Ned did have a convo with Arya about this, and said something similar to what you suggest yes. What I do remember are clear, separate seasons from different episodes where Ned and Cateyln in their personal conversations with Sansa try to change her mind about Joffrey. Ned tells Sansa they have to leave King's Landing (right before he is stabbed by Jaime's guard in the street fight) and Sansa argues with him about Joffrey and staying in king's landing. Ned tells her to pack her things and that he'll find a suitable boy for Sansa and Sansa protests. Something similar happened with Catelyn and Sansa. The point is, Sansa's family DID NOT bethroth Sansa to Joffrey.
I didn't say that there was a conversation between Sansa and Ned. Sansa's family DID betroth Sansa to Joffrey. Sansa was happy about it but she didn't betroth herself. A girl of her age and status wed where she was told. It was an arrangement between Robert Baratheon and Ned Stark. In King's Landing, Ned told Sansa they were leaving but didn't tell her why. Sansa, who had a big crush on Joffrey, wasn't happy that it was being taken from her. So she went to the queen to ask her to intercede for her to stay. And that is the extent to Sansa's "betrayal". Ignorant of the true situation, young and in love, and with no intent to do harm.

User avatar
PulledGroin
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:07 pm

Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:06 am

LufkinAg wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:06 pm
I have found no matter the subject there are those who feel superior to others by them hating on the show or team they support. They believe it is their job to point out all the negatives and act as though it is beneath them. Cracks me up everytime.

This season has been great in my opinion. It has a few holes and time warps but has to because we are coming to the end. As far as predictable, what do you expect we already know the story line. Get over yourself.

Arya and Sansa

They are aniling it and it is going as I expected. Sansa has always played by the rules and Arya has always broken them which is ok because daddy applauded her when she had success which means it's ok to break the rules. Arya has hated Sansa since childhood and loved Jon who Sansa hated and mistreated. Sansa has lied on Arya and the family. You can not expect a sit down, beer and laughs. Even today half the families do not do this because history of the past has broken their relationship like the Starks. The writing is dead on in the betrayal of the relationships instead of having a Hollywood ending. Bran is gone get over it, he is no longer a Stark.

Littlefinger

Is playing his game but Sansa is on to him and Arya never trusted him. Every move he makes Sansa is questioning. The only Northern Lords questioning Jon is the Vale and the Reads which listens to Littlefinger. Hell, the Vale is Littlefinger. This does not go unnoticed by Sansa. That is why she wanted to know where Arya found the letter because it smells of Littlefinger. You have to have all this happenning to convince Sansa to kill him because she doesn't just chop off heads though Arya wants her to.

Arya

One of my favorite characters because she has always been an underdog. Naive, impulsive, rule breaker, short sighted, loyal, skillful, heartless killer, sneaky, resourceful, cunning are words that fit her character but leadership or general are not. You can not expect her to change who she is just because she completed assassin's training. Ruling and how to rule is going to be a huge weakness for Arya so quit expecting her to do so. I still think that in the end somehow Arya kills the Night King with the dagger she has in the middle of a great war especially after seeing the small band blow up when the leader was killed in the small group attack.

Lannister's

Whoever said they trust each other is not watching the same scenes and listening to the same dialogue. Cersie trust no one especially Jamie and has threatened his life if he betrays her again. Which he didn't the first time. Jamie is having a hard time towing the family line because he now knows Cersie does not value life, anyone's life. And no one trust Tyrion. So how you think they are one big happy family is beyond me.

The story from here on out is predictable so get over it, sit back and enjoy quit critiquing everything. This show has done a better job of showing real life and how it happens than any other I've seen.
Ah, just saw this. Here is my general issue, and what I wanted to discuss here. This was a good episode, but not great, thus my disappointment. Now I consume alot of media in the hopes of finding something great, and am rarely satisfied. GoT is far and away the best show on television, maybe ever. And my expectations for this season were that that would continue, especially since they had more time and fewer episodes, this would be the best season so far. However, to me, the opposite has happened and this season has seen a steady decline in plot quality - overall - mainly due to the condensed time (again, there have been awesome individual moments/set pieces - Arya's cold open, Dany finally riding her dragon into battle, etc - but when taken as a whole, not so great). And this episode in particular had so many glaring problems that I felt the need to comment and see if others shared in my disappointment and frustration at the show runners for same. So far it seems a few share in my disappointment, but most don't seem to mind, which is perfectly fine. To each his own.

Lorig1964
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:51 am

Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:09 am

PulledGroin wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:14 pm
I'm an HBO subscriber and I will still watch it again on Sunday with my friends. But to me this is one of those few, rare GoT episodes that left me at the end thinking "Meh." True, there were a lot of interesting tidbits here and there as others have mentioned already, but overall I felt it was poorly written by GoT standards, and seemed much more like a generic TV show with better inside jokes and SFX. 668-2330

The nameless soldiers who accompanied the 7 up north all predictably died. The two named characters and the Dragon that died were minor and fairly unimportant which had little impact. For all the prophesying of the Brotherhood, they didn't really add anything or do anything, and the Hound basically choked again when faced with fire challenges. Jon sends Gendry for air support the second they get a wight (I'm pretty sure the Hound could carry a 20 or 30 pound skeleton and run just as fast as Gendry). Fighting the wights with fire, dragonglass, and valyian steel didn't seem to do anything special other than when you smacked one they didn't get back up. And the dead conveniently finding 4 huge, thick, mile long chains to drag the dragon from the lake just left me shaking my head. Tormund is saved at the last minute, the party is saved at the last minute, Jon is saved at the last minute...bah, boring.

Arya v Sansa seemed forced. Littlefinger spends 5 minutes convincing Sansa to use Brienne as a shield against Arya and then Sansa promptly ships her off to Kings Landing. And Littlefinger isn't really doing anything worse now than he has the entire series, simply playing the game, this triggers his demise next episode?

In my opinion, this episode had two or three plot points they wanted to get across, Dany sees the Knight King and loses a dragon, so now she is convinced and pissed off and turns her focus north, and some tension/drama in Winterfell to set up Littlefinger's death. I guess because the show has been so good for so long that I have unrealistic expectations, but to me, I think they could have gotten those points across in a much better - much more GRRM way - than this. Maybe I am thinking to critically or logically about this and that led to my disappointment, so I watched S7E4 again which did much to restore my faith. :D

Your thoughts?
We'll said. I agree.

User avatar
trarecar
Posts: 50
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:48 am

Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:30 pm

Upon second viewing and reading Sue's recap, I realize that Dany was waiting for Jon to return, not her dragon, further disappointing me in her reaction regarding Viserion's death.

I mean, she calls them her children, but maybe she means it in a fur baby way? Not fruit of my loins way? Because if my actual child died I would be inconsolable.

Post Reply
  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests