Looking forward: what are your top five predictions of what you are more than 50% sure will happen in season 8?

WotW Spoiler Town, with extensive House of the Dragon and Game of Thrones Spoilers including major leaks, filming spoilers, photos and all. Consider yourself warned!
Violator

Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:34 pm

I think we're probably in as good a place any to start a thread like this now. Let's hear 'em.

Talisman83

Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:00 pm

1. Cersei will die at the hand of Jaime or Cersei
2. Bran will control a dragon
3. Dany will sacrifice herself in order for Jon to become Azor Ahai, forge Lightbringer and kill the NK
4. Jaime will die in the arms of Brienne
5. The Hound will fight and kill the Mountain

trarecar

Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:15 pm

Jamie will kill Cersei and then himself. Tyrion will head House Lannister.

The Hound will fight and beat (somehow) The Mountain.

Jon will ride Rhaegal.

Jorah will die for Dany.

Dany will sacrifice herself for Jon to become Azor Ahai. I hate this, but with them showing the sun on the sword above the bloody blanket, it seems most likely. Hopefully it won't need to be forged that way at all. :(

Ayra will become some type of Kingsguard or Enforcer or something for either Sansa or Jon, or she heads off into the sunset to do her thing, never to be seen again.

With the NK defeated, there will no need for the Wall. Sam will become head of his house.

Brienne will continue in the service of Sansa. She will marry Tormund.

I also think it's possible that either Dany or Jon (whichever one is alive at the end - but both won't be) will get rid of the monarchy altogether and make a democracy, really 'breaking the wheel'. But that might be a stretch. LOL

Violator

Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:16 pm

Talisman83 wrote:
3. Dany will sacrifice herself in order for Jon to become Azor Ahai, forge Lightbringer and kill the NK
I agree with most of yours, but I think Dany is more likely to die in your child birth. Never forget the child - there will be one.

Twinfist

Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:03 pm

Jon lives, becomes Aegon Targaryn, raises his and Dany's son. and sits on the throne with Ghost and Rheagal at his side and Davos as his hand
Dany dies, sacrificing herself to defeat the Night King
Sansa survives and becomes Lady Stark of Winterfell, eventually marries one of the northern lords
Arya dies
Sam becomes Lord Tarly and marries Gilly
Tyrion lives to become Lord of Casterly Rock
Verys dies
Theon rescues Yara, but she still dies
Grey Worm dies, Messandie returns to Naath
Jorah dies or joins the New Nights Watch
Cersei is killed by Jaime who then kills himself

Violator

Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:22 pm

Violator wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:16 pm
Talisman83 wrote:
I agree with most of yours, but I think Dany is more likely to die in child birth. Never forget the child - there will be one.

FierceAsAWolverine

Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:40 pm

1. Just as the ice wights die when the force that created them disappears, I think that Jon will die again once the magic that sustains him - which is the same magic forged to fight the Walkers; people south of the Wall only started to resurrect once the dragons appeared - ends. I think this will be the moment of sacrifice, when he discovers that destroying the Walkers means his own end as well. I think the dragons are also done.

2. Arya will kill the NK with the dagger.

3. Cersei is going to die at Jaime's hand. Finally.

4. Jon and Daenerys will have a baby. I hate that this is where we're going (the most trope-y of all the trope-y things you can do, George!) but it seems inevitable.

I don't buy the "Dany will sacrifice herself so Jon can become Azor Ahai" stuff. If she's having a child, she needs to survive through to the end, because whatever the pacing, they cannot sell us on a pregnancy that only lasts an episode or two. (Okay, I don't put it past them to try to pull this off. But it would be very annoying. Unless she's pregnant over the off-season and gives birth immediately at the start of Season 8. Which would also be annoying. Basically I'm just annoyed by the prospect of the baby. Sorry to rant.)

5. Tyrion will be head of house Lannister and will convince Daenerys to establish an elective monarchy which will eventually evolve into some sort of constitutional monarchy, and then a bunch of people who head North to colonize the former lands-of-always-winter will create a true democracy, which will eventually inspire all of Westeros to give up their feudal system and become enlightened. The end.

Flayed Potatoes

Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:19 pm

1. The show will end.
2. The season will have 6 episodes.
3. Jon will have multiple fight scenes.
4. There will be dragons.
5. Many people will die.

How did I do? :P

Chilli

Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:11 am

Dany will get pregnant at the end of this season and give birth at the end of next season. That's enough time. They will discover it at the beginning of next season shortly after Dany and Jon learn that Rhaegar is his father.

Jaime will kill Cersei and dies after saving Bran.

All the dragons will die.

Sansa will be warden of the north.

PulledGroin

Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:24 am

1-5 everybody dies and nobody cares. The days of sitting in your office, staring blankly at your wall on Monday morning after and episode like "The Door" are sadly a thing of the past.

• Information