Looking forward: what are your top five predictions of what you are more than 50% sure will happen in season 8?

WotW Spoiler Town, with extensive House of the Dragon and Game of Thrones Spoilers including major leaks, filming spoilers, photos and all. Consider yourself warned!
Starry

Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:45 am

Why is everyone in a rush to kill Dany? I think Jon is more likely to die. But I hope both survive.

Ser Gerold Dayne

Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:51 am

1.NK dies-100%
2.Sansa lives-100%
3.Cersei and Euron die-100%
4.Jaime dies-80%
5.50/50 for either Jon or Dany to die.Personally I would kill Dany and let Jon live but I'm not sure what D&D have in mind.

Ser Gerold Dayne

Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:57 am

Starry wrote:
Why is everyone in a rush to kill Dany? I think Jon is more likely to die. But I hope both survive.
After watching 7 seasons of this show it would come natural for me to see Dany die in the end.She was always a fighter,a revolutionary,always in war,always on the edge.If there will be peace at the end I don't see Dany standing,she is no Sansa.But that's just me.She might as well live in the end,maybe Jon dies for good and I don't se D&D killing them both.I mean it's just 6 episodes left,they are not just gonna kill everybody,so I'm not really sure yet where this is going.

Pigeon

Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:13 am

Everybody I can't stand lives and flourishes, while the few I really care about die for ridiculous reasons.

Violator

Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:04 am

FierceAsAWolverine wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:40 pm
1. Just as the ice wights die when the force that created them disappears, I think that Jon will die again once the magic that sustains him - which is the same magic forged to fight the Walkers; people south of the Wall only started to resurrect once the dragons appeared - ends. I think this will be the moment of sacrifice, when he discovers that destroying the Walkers means his own end as well. I think the dragons are also done.

2. Arya will kill the NK with the dagger.

3. Cersei is going to die at Jaime's hand. Finally.

4. Jon and Daenerys will have a baby. I hate that this is where we're going (the most trope-y of all the trope-y things you can do, George!) but it seems inevitable.

I don't buy the "Dany will sacrifice herself so Jon can become Azor Ahai" stuff. If she's having a child, she needs to survive through to the end, because whatever the pacing, they cannot sell us on a pregnancy that only lasts an episode or two. (Okay, I don't put it past them to try to pull this off. But it would be very annoying. Unless she's pregnant over the off-season and gives birth immediately at the start of Season 8. Which would also be annoying. Basically I'm just annoyed by the prospect of the baby. Sorry to rant.)

5. Tyrion will be head of house Lannister and will convince Daenerys to establish an elective monarchy which will eventually evolve into some sort of constitutional monarchy, and then a bunch of people who head North to colonize the former lands-of-always-winter will create a true democracy, which will eventually inspire all of Westeros to give up their feudal system and become enlightened. The end.
Your 5 sounds far worse than the prospect of a baby.

If you think about it, we already know the ending will be bittersweet. There's no better way to do that than have a child become the new ruler after both of their parents die in the war. That's a lovely, bittersweet ending

Flayed Potatoes

Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:54 am

Starry wrote:
You probably missed the 49843340439 theories that have been popping up on reddit about Jon dying ever since the leaks were confirmed. Trust me there's rush to kill him as well.

Violator

Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:18 am

I used to believe that it was more likely that Dany would die, just simply because Jon had already died and so it seemed a bit odd to kill him again.

However, it's a general theme in stories that when a person is brought back from the dead it is usually not permanent. We still consider it as some sort of violation of a natural law, and in this sense, Jon is literally living on borrowed time. Things seem to foreshadow this too - especially the conversation between him and Beric.

So I think there's a good chance that if only one of them dies, it will most likely be Jon. He will "find no happiness" while he's alive - but he has been sent back to do something and once it's achieved I can see him welcoming death. In some ways, he doesn't believe he should be alive any more.

I think he will sire a child and die in the great war fulfilling some important role.

Ser Gerold Dayne

Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:31 am

Violator wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:18 am

However, it's a general theme in stories that when a person is brought back from the dead it is usually not permanent. We still consider it as some sort of violation of a natural law, and in this sense, Jon is literally living on borrowed time. Things seem to foreshadow this too - especially the conversation between him and Beric.

This is exactly what bothers me too.I mean even if we like Dany or not I think we can agree that she had quite a spectacular arc over the years.One that made me think that can only end with her death.Eventually.But with Jon back from the death this is not sure anymore.Either of them can go,that's why I said in the other post that for me it's 50/50 at this point.D&D will decide who lives and who dies in the way they see fit.

trarecar

Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:24 am

I'm not in a rush for Dany to die, I just think that Jon is the Prince Who Was Promised, therefore he has a better chance at making it to the end. I don't want EITHER one of them to die, but GRRM's said it will be a bittersweet ending, so.... I like the thought of one of them raising their child alone - however - I WISH someone would say whether or not Jon's heart is beating. I feel like if Dany does get pregnant (and currently all signs are pointing to yes), it's going to be an Edward Cullen type deal and do we really need that again? :lol:

Jon can't be Azor Ahai and have Ayra kill the NK. They are constantly foreshadowing a showdown between Jon and the NK. They've been sizing each other up with 'Imma kill you' looks for a while now.

Also regarding Jon - is it written somewhere that the Lord of Light is the same magic as the NK? I didn't think we knew anything about the Lord of Light. The Children of the Forest throw fire balls (still rolling my eyes over that one) but what do we really know about him?

ghost of winterfell

Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:17 am

Flayed Potatoes wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:54 am
Starry wrote:
You probably missed the 49843340439 theories that have been popping up on reddit about Jon dying ever since the leaks were confirmed. Trust me there's rush to kill him as well.
LOL this! There is no shortage of people guessing that Jon will die, even in this very thread. That dialogue by Sansa about his heart stopping seems to confirm their belief.

Personally I think that either one of Jon or Dany will die at the end, while taking down the NK, unfortunately. I am rooting for them to survive though.

I highly doubt Arya will be the one to kill the NK. The show has gone out of its way to set up an inevitable confrontation between Jon and the NK, doubling down on it in the last episode. And Arya has had absolutely no connection to the WW story so far. Given how the writers like to set things up beforehand, I think it far more likely that she will be involved in taking down Cersei.

My predictions:

Either Jon or Dany dies ( I hope I am wrong here)
They have a kid before that happens
Sansa survives 100% and rules Winterfell
Jon will ride Rhaegal
Jaime will be the one to finally kill Cersei, but more people will be involved in bringing her down.

• Information