So what are our views on these alleged leaks for season 8?

WotW Spoiler Town, with extensive House of the Dragon and Game of Thrones Spoilers including major leaks, filming spoilers, photos and all. Consider yourself warned!
Violator

Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:14 am

Hursta1 wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:58 am
But the absolute worst part is that this ending completely subverts the central theme of the show that the "game of thrones" didn't really matter, that the AotD and WW were the real true threat.
So how would you like things to end so that it remains faithful to this apparent "central theme"?

I really don't understand what you expect. You already know the ending will be 'bittersweet' so you can largely discount some bleak ending whereby everyone loses and the throne is left rusty in a kingdom of perpetual winter or something like that. There will be an ending which wraps up this period of Westerosi history, but still leaves the continuation of that history open to further development. This is a feudal world and one heavily influenced by the realities of real history, which are monarchical . This whole thing will be settled by someone on a throne. Maybe they'll be a cynical or enlightened leader who knows it's all nonsense really, but they'll rule regardless.

I would bet my mortgage that Martin always planned an outcome where an heir from two main houses inherits, lessons are learned and the world moves on. Get used to it.

Hursta1

Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:42 am

Of course there will be some form of government in the end. And if the magical scion baby was always the plan then it was always predictable. But throughout the entire show the WW were built up to be some unstoppable force and just got an undead dragon. But their true purpose the whole time was just to weaken Jon and Dany enough for Cersei and Euron to be able to kill them both? I've known since the first Lads leaks that Cersei would betray the Alliance but I always figured that decision would have some consequences when it came to the AotD. But here that turns out to have been the right play and Cersei never even sees a Wight besides the one they lost Viserion to get. It makes Bran look like the most incompetent three eyed raven ever. He didnt see Viserion dying and the threat that Cersei and Euron represented. It also fails to pay off his story in any meaningful way. That was a ton of screen time just for him to die in the first battle with the dead and then be turned into the new incompetent crippled Night King. Since he was the last greenseer will he be the last NK? In 10,000 years when the next not really that long or frightening night comes will it be the White Walkers last chance to serve as a plot device? Look I could stomach the magic ice/fire baby being the end but I don't like how they get there. The battle with the Night King and the AotD should be the final battle. If Jon is to die fighting let it be against the enemy he has faced for the entire series and not some guy who just showed up. Same with Dany. If she is preggers then gestate that bad boy or girl over the off season and have her die on the back of Drogon roasting Wights and Walkers.

Stormborn

Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:40 am

anna1226 wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:15 pm
Violator wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:20 am

5. Arya killing Cersei.... what if she is wearing the face of Jamie or Tyrion? Prophecy says she'll be replaced by a better queen, so Dany would need to survive.
I always thought that part of the prophecy referred to Margery Tyrell. It says that a younger and better looking Queen will come along and cast her down taking all that she holds dear. The dearest thing to Cersei was her children and killing Margery took the last one she had. All Dany can take from her is an Iron chair. We shall see I suppose. :)

BeardedOnion

Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:47 pm

Whelp guys, we just got told that the Iron Bank dude will be in S8 for 2 episodes and he isn't mentioned once in these "leaks".

Now we finally have solid enough evidence alongside the countless inconsistencies, abysmal writing and weakling Dany I therefor consider this case:

CLOSED!

Now, can we please dismiss anything than comes from 4chan anonymously? That site has been stirring shit for most of the internet's life span now lol.

Violator

Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:18 pm

Hursta1 wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:42 am
Of course there will be some form of government in the end. And if the magical scion baby was always the plan then it was always predictable. But throughout the entire show the WW were built up to be some unstoppable force and just got an undead dragon. But their true purpose the whole time was just to weaken Jon and Dany enough for Cersei and Euron to be able to kill them both? I've known since the first Lads leaks that Cersei would betray the Alliance but I always figured that decision would have some consequences when it came to the AotD. But here that turns out to have been the right play and Cersei never even sees a Wight besides the one they lost Viserion to get. It makes Bran look like the most incompetent three eyed raven ever. He didnt see Viserion dying and the threat that Cersei and Euron represented. It also fails to pay off his story in any meaningful way. That was a ton of screen time just for him to die in the first battle with the dead and then be turned into the new incompetent crippled Night King. Since he was the last greenseer will he be the last NK? In 10,000 years when the next not really that long or frightening night comes will it be the White Walkers last chance to serve as a plot device? Look I could stomach the magic ice/fire baby being the end but I don't like how they get there. The battle with the Night King and the AotD should be the final battle. If Jon is to die fighting let it be against the enemy he has faced for the entire series and not some guy who just showed up. Same with Dany. If she is preggers then gestate that bad boy or girl over the off season and have her die on the back of Drogon roasting Wights and Walkers.

My issue is not with the leaks generally - I don't buy everything about them and I do hope some of it isn't accurate, but as I've said, after season 7 I'm no longer as quick to discount some pretty unbelievable plots.

My issue is primarily with the predication regarding how all this will end - namely a young child on the Iron Throne who is the child of Jon and Daenerys. Even if these leaks aren't accurate, then I'd still say that this ending is quite a good guess and I'd go further in suggesting that it's not just the ending we can expect in the show, but the one we'll get in the books as well.

If you don't like that ending then that's fine, but there's no point blaming D&D and saying Martin isn't going to write it, because we already know that regardless of the liberties the show's writers are taking in getting to the end, they are going to include the same end that Martin has planned since the very beginning.

That end will involve a child and that child will almost certainly be the one sitting on the IT.

Lyannabanna

Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:26 pm

I'm a Howland Reed fan, so I noticed this contradiction: In E2, he was killed by Viserion at WF (after confirming to Jon that R+L=J). In E3, he has dialog at Greywater Watch.

According to HBO blu-ray lore, GWW is a village of floating crannogs in constant motion. Ravens can't find it, so it's out of the news loop--except for greenseer Jojen.

It is surrounded by quicksand and giant vicious carnivores. If Meera did die at WF in E2, only HR could lead them there safely.

Other HBO lore says that GWW has no army because the terrain can't support horses. E2 says that HR arrives with Meera and an army.

I had hoped that HR would take Bran to the Isle of Faces, where he would live happily ever after!

BeardedOnion

Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:33 pm

Also Howland's Reed part is utterly pointless. Why wouldn't he believe his brother and best friend? Why it take the word of some tramp living in a bog? That means weeks of searching for actors, writing a new character's personality and giving him his own clothes. We know D&D like to cut corners to save time.

Also... why the hell would he feel gulity for saving his lord in a fight to the death situation? The fuck kind of logic is that. " OHHH I FEEL SO BAD FOR STABBING A DUDE WHO TRIED KILLING US, IT WAS SO DISHONORABLE BACKSTABBING A GUY IN A 6 V 2 FIGHT!"

Felix

Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:01 am

Read through these 6 "scripts" and they are some of the worst fan fiction I've ever had the misfortune of reading.

Dyanna

Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:35 am

They're fake, confirmed by this website!

http://twitter.com/WatchersOTWall/statu ... 1221253125

It was pretty obvious they were fake to me. Each time I've read genuine leaks, they've been clearly feasible and believable. These weren't.

TheSpidersGenitals

Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:17 am

I'm struggling to see a scenario with Jon and Dany both surviving the series. Regardless of the shoddy FAKE leaks I agree that the battle against the army of the dead will be wrapped up by the end of E4 at the latest to allow plenty of action fighting for the iron throne. Mel will have a part to play and I've got a nagging feeling Bran will be heavily linked to the NK.

Prepare for major players to start perishing from the start of the series, we are realistically going to lose 2/3 well known faces per week...

• Information